• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I feel sorry for this guy, considering he had to grow up with this name.

Poor guy.

I remember a story about someone meeting a police trooper whose last name was Jackinhoff...

Poor guy.

I remember a story about someone meeting a police trooper whose last name was Jackinhoff...

Oh dear, thats unfortunate.

Yeah, Piplup is too cute to get eaten.

It is! Seeeeeeee. Shows Ein that Piplup is cute.

Oh my! Excellent. Though, I didn't get it for you, so that means no dinner. Well there's still Tokyo Xanadu(but why though? :v)

Have you played around with it yet?

Oh, I want Tokyo Xanadu because Tonton randomly posted a picture of it and then the male protagonist or player thing looks vaguely like Rean so I went to check it out and... yeah now I want it so badly even in Japanese. :T

Oh I haven't actually gotten it physically. It's arriving today though. \o/

Gotta love how bad the FE localizations are in some places.

So ever since FE2, a magic spell has existed that's called resire in the Japanese version. However, the genius translation team thought this spell should be translated into English as "nosferatu" when they localized FE7 - even though a completely distinct spell called nosferatu already existed in FE6 alongside resire.

And indeed, there you have it, both JP resire and JP nosferatu return in FE8! But no task is too great for these genius translators. They now keep "nosferatu" as the translation for JP resire, and give JP nosferatu the name "fenrir" - a name taken from a completely distinct spell called fenrir, that existed in FE4 and FE5.

Crisis averted! You know, until the JP fenrir tome makes a return...

So ever since FE2, a magic spell has existed that's called resire in the Japanese version. However, the genius translation team thought this spell should be translated into English as "nosferatu" when they localized FE7 - even though a completely distinct spell called nosferatu already existed in FE6 alongside resire.

And indeed, there you have it, both JP resire and JP nosferatu return in FE8! But no task is too great for these genius translators. They now keep "nosferatu" as the translation for JP resire, and give JP nosferatu the name "fenrir" - a name taken from a completely distinct spell called fenrir, that existed in FE4 and FE5.

tbf it is a spell that drains health, so I can see why they thought Nosferatu might be a better fitting name for it.

the fire emblem localizations are bad but this is not one of the reasons, my friend

and of course there was Sol the octopus.

I remembered this earlier today and said to myself:

"I should make that Sol Octopus for that monster run"

Oh, I want Tokyo Xanadu because Tonton randomly posted a picture of it and then the male protagonist or player thing looks vaguely like Rean so I went to check it out and... yeah now I want it so badly even in Japanese. :T

Oh I haven't actually gotten it physically. It's arriving today though. \o/

Play Xanadu Next too, granted it's considerably... less anime looking and it's action orientated... a lot.

I get you, same artist and all that, all their males tend to look alike, but the females have quite a bit of diversity, almost to the point where it's generic now. Also, did you want the Vita version, or are you going to wait for the PS4 version?(Which I highly suggest)

Excellent, still I didn't get it. So that leaves me with just TU for you. Unless you think of something else. Also, the more expensive it is, the hospitality I request. ;)

^ I thought you left.

Anyways good to see that it didn't happen..

Foxy is always here, just never here, you know. :v

Edited by Soledai