• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

ok so when u get accepted as a trainee eeeeeeeverything is paid by the company (housing food training clothes everything. if it's one of the big three companies and u've debuted then u could literally walk up to ur manager and say "buy me this shirt" and boom)

but the downside is that once you debut you work on paying back that debt!! usually 60 percent of the income goes toward the company and 40 percent goes back to repaying ur debt (ive heard worse ratios though like 3:7 and even 2:8 wowee) and idols dont get any pay until they break even

and it's also included in most contracts that...........companies dont have to tell their idols how much debt they have to pay off!!!! they could spend 10 bucks on promotions but say they spent 1 million and wow ur doomed

also u gotta have to remember that companies get to pick the stylists and vocal trainers and all that

like say you had a brother that could teach you ballet for free the comapny could be like "no ur taking this class for 10,000 dollars" oh boy

and of course even after debut you gotta remember that they still have to pay for styling and training and hotels and plane tickets and promotions and wtf that's a lot!!! do idols ever get paid???? well thats why it's called a slave contract

o right i forgot to say that contracts usually last an unreasonably long time too

tvxq's lasted 10 years and TECHNICALLY they're only allowed to last seven but if you're rich i guess u can pull some strings

also this is probably common sense but imagine how much damage you'd do to your hair as an idol

one of the members of bts bleached his hair like 50 times last year and he was like "im gonna sue [my company] srsly"

and a while back key of shinee had to pretty much chop off his hair because it was too damaged to treat

AND THERE ARE RIDICULOUS DIETS TOO

once apink was rly hungry but there were cameras everywhere so the seven members all crowded into a closet and shared a piece of fried chicken together

I feel enlightened and I can also feel my law senses tingling.

That's nice but have you considered giving in to your hate...

Cq-xf7UWgAAxYh4.jpg

this is like that mafia player who faked his own death

whoa i didnt know you had law senses

Wow, did he have to dance in his wheelchair?

this is awful but i laughed

AND OF COURSE THERE'S THE CONSTANT PRESSURE TO BE OKAY

there are some idols who have gotten hate because they're not ALWAYS SMILING or whatever the youngest member of red velvet cried about it too she was like "i have rbf sorry guys"