• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Alright, now that almost everybody is reunited now and the route split is over, time to start with Stage 21.

It opens up mostly with people chatting it up. Apparently, before they arrived to Fort Severn, Heero and Duo heard about some mysterious mercenary group who posses a landship. They may have ties with the Innocent, but who knows. Others seem to have a project of building up a sort of lounge in the Freeden. Pretty much a room for R&R. Jamil and Tex start to suspect on the Kihel-Diana switch. They, mainly Jamil, appear to have met up with Diana in the past.

But the most important is the Preventers having a meeting. Interesting stuff is brought up. Apparently, the answer as to why all the things dug up are in working conditions has been found. A coating of self-repair nanomachines, Nanoskin. They can only theorize that between this time, and the time they come from, a civilization rose up that created the technology. It seems it spread far and wide, since even Moon Race stuff like the Diana Counter also have them. However, nowadays it's rare to find it, and only mainly on mechas from their era. Seems some other catastrophe other than the shockwave put an end to this civilization, and may also explain why the Moon Race ancestors fled Earth in the first place. This doesn't fully explain stuff like the underground production plants and Mountain Cycles, but it's a start.

Quattro notes that their actions in the past still affect the world to the time they are, and he and Amuro enter a debate about whether to meddle in the affairs of this world or not, assuming they can't find a way back. But this is interrupted by the alarm sounds. An area northeast of them reports unusual high levels of CO2, and even a forest sprung up seemingly out of nowhere. Some of the Super Robot pilots seem to recognize this, though. Arriving on the area, they're surprised to see the whole atmosphere seems like from prehistoric times. And out of nowhere... Mechasauruses show up!

That can only mean one thing: the return of the Dinosaur Empire. Despite being pushed back to the magma layer in the Balmar War, they're back to try once again to invade the surface. Admitedly, I can hardly say they showed up back in Alpha. There were mechasauruses to fight, but they were AI-controlled, and I don't think any actual character from the DE appeared. Perhaps they only showed up in the route splits I didn't took... or Alpha Gaiden has made a retcon. Who knows.

Anyway, these dinosaurs are being led by General Bat, who is shocked to see the Getter Team. Apparently, they did tried to reinvade, but they thought they were dead since they never showed up. Ryouma wants to charge headfirst to where Bat, despite Hayato's protests. The Getter does move close to Bat, but he activates his trap: the Uran Spark! This thing, as he explains, turns Getter Rays into harmful radiation to humans. Hayato is forces to reduce the reactor's output, but this leaves the Getter with 0 EN (and can't recover each turn like normal), unable to separate, combine, or even use the Getter Ray. Yeah... they're in trouble.

And thus, Stage 21 starts! Time for some dinosaur busting...

So... Getter is in trouble, and is between the rest of the team and the Mechasauruses... sounds like a tough situation, but fortunately, they fall easily.

Thing is though, the skill point for this stage is to defeat General Bat, who flees at low HP%, as usual, or if I rout his forces. I have to leave at one of them alive...

Oh wait, it's even worse. The Getter starts at only 50% HP, and the pilots' morale is at hte low cap of 50.

Good thing just last stage I got a "HP recovers 10% of max per turn" equipable part.

To my dissapointment, the Dinosaur Soldiers only really growl in their battle quotes... apparently it was too much to ask for actual combat dialogue... oh well...

Hahaha, their jets are quickly falling...