• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Alright, time to break the monotomy. Time for some more Alpha Gaiden. Still got to beat the last of the Dinosaur Empire.

Starint with some of the boyguard Zorii.

Alright, time to break the monotomy. Time for some more Alpha Gaiden. Still got to beat the last of the Dinosaur Empire.

Starint with some of the boyguard Zorii.

And Galleri's bodyguards are gone. Also one of Gor's.

I think I can take down a Guda this turn as well...

Okay, good, next MAgma Cannon shot was at Hikaru.

Guda was destroyed on this turn. And another will fall soon enough. Also used the last MAP weapon of the Wing Zero Custom. I could ressupply, but at this point, it's more efficient to just use regular Twin Buster Rifle.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Damn, now Daitarn got his with the Magma Cannon.

One more Guda destroyed and... hahahaha, Galleri's down! He's dead! Now only remains one Guda, three Zorri, and Emepror Gor in his Dai...

Next shot was at the Reideen. But I got another Zorri in the meantime. And then next shot was at Judau and his Double Zeta. This next turn I finish off the last Guda and Zorii, and start going at it to Gor.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, time to start unleashing everything on Emperor Gor. I've already got one Seishin casting out of the way, but he might have more. General Bat had two, so Gor might have two as well... at least...

Got him near half HP left... and here comes the second Seishin casting. Guts, Alert, Strike, Hot-Blood, Guard, and Valour. Tsk...

Also, I'd say, it's a bit anti-climatic the Dai is not programmed with the boss BGM. Shin Getter was next target of the Magma Cannon.

Brought him now somewhat beyond half HP... and casts Seishin for the third time! Guts, Alert, Strike, Guard, Valour... but now instead of Hot-Blood it's Soul (next attack does x2.5 damage), and Snipe (for one turn, all attacks get +2 range except MAP and those that are only 1 range). Ugh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Come one! Snipe is already ridiculous. The Dai has two attacks, which are 1-9 and 2-11 range. Does it matter turning them 1-11 and 2-13? Also, at this point Emperor Gor has already cast like 8 seishin, when before him everybody only used the ones in their data list. At this point Gor is being difficult for difficult's sake. Or bogging down. Or whatever! Then again, this is the Hard Path, so I should expect this... or who knows. Then again, the fact Seishin (outside scripted events) can only be used by the PC's still gives me an edge.

Come to think of it, Gor had expressed he'd wait until the Irregulars and Ancestors battled it out. Why is he even attacking now...? Other than "The OG faction must be fought last", I suppose.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

One more shot at Daitarn. The Dai's HP should almost reach the red zone... and then he casts Seishin for the fourth damn time! Guts, Soul, Alert, Strike, Guard, Valour, Snipe.

You know what, if this isn't the last time he casts Seishin, then this is just plain awful. Trying to calculate, this battle means taking down at least tripple the amount of HP the Dai actually has. As I mentioend way back. Artificial-lengthening of boss battles. Next turn should be his downfall... next turn!

Okay, Hikaru was once more shot at with the Magma Cannon. That should be the last time it will fire. Now to bring down Gor once and for all! It's a little sad to know that even after all that Seishin spamming, he still has Prevail. Well, this is far more manageable.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DID IT

Too bad that guy with the Alpha Gaiden videos didn't showed the after-scene.

On the other hand, it shows the Shin Shine Spark, even though the Stoner Sunshine is stronger.

Anyway, since I took the bother of routing, I got the skill point.

Now with the Dinosaur Empire finished... oh wait, there's still Machineland. Oh, no it's not. It self-destructs. Because of course it does. Sensors indicate the area will return to normality within forty hours. As for the heroes... resuming course towards the Earth Craddle.

And that was Chapter 42. Only three left! Now it's just the Ancestors to fight from this point onwards. Yeah... those three chapters might not be any better than this one, hahaha.

But well, that's for another day... another day...

I did a pull tonight with less than 20 orbs in the hope of getting something (all my last pulls didn't have any blues) and following a gut instinct.

I got a +Def/-Res Delthea and a +Def/-HP Gray. 

So happy after my horrible luck with the Mathildas... ;w;

10 hours ago, Trisitei said:

hmm, i suppose
but now idk who to sacrifice the wo dao to
either selena or navarre

and that +is only gonna get higher huh

i did
no regrets

I'd say Selena. Navarre has a really similar stat spread to Athena meaning they'd probably both fill the same niche while Selena is a tank. Furthermore the Wo Dao helps patch up her middling attack

Well, I'll need to get more Lucina, but it'll probably happen eventually.

Mine currently has Vantage. But I should do it for the Hectorcoptor.

i really need to play actual games again

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I did a pull tonight with less than 20 orbs in the hope of getting something (all my last pulls didn't have any blues) and following a gut instinct.

I got a +Def/-Res Delthea and a +Def/-HP Gray. 

So happy after my horrible luck with the Mathildas... ;w;

I'd say Selena. Navarre has a really similar stat spread to Athena meaning they'd probably both fill the same niche while Selena is a tank. Furthermore the Wo Dao helps patch up her middling attack

Well, I'll need to get more Lucina, but it'll probably happen eventually.

Mine currently has Vantage. But I should do it for the Hectorcoptor.

this sounds like a sign of something
what? idk

hm alright
inb4 it happens before the summer ends

do it for hectorcopter

Hmm, yeah... I'm not even sure if I can finish the last three stages with what's left of the month. Perhaps not even with next month... or so...

25 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

i really need to play actual games again

this sounds like a sign of something
what? idk

hm alright
inb4 it happens before the summer ends

do it for hectorcopter

I've restarted playing Monster Hunter for that reason. Tempest Trials had been the only game content I played for a while...

I had that same 'you should pull' gut feeling before and it gave me a Lukas and a Faye back in the first SoV banner.

That would be something.

Someone damages one of my unit and suddenly there's Hector and Bridelia sending his team packing.

26 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I've restarted playing Monster Hunter for that reason. Tempest Trials had been the only game content I played for a while...

I had that same 'you should pull' gut feeling before and it gave me a Lukas and a Faye back in the first SoV banner.

That would be something.

Someone damages one of my unit and suddenly there's Hector and Bridelia sending his team packing.

its that theres two games i need to finish and lp thats been on hold for a month
gotta make major updates to make up for lost time

sometimes it nets you cool stuff, like that ike pull i did when the PoR banner first dropped
but then it brings things like three stars
and gwendy
hwo i'm actually growing to actually hate from how often she shows up

it might happen too with your luck

wom azura to fix cordelia up just to make sure someone stays dead
oh yes

As a side note, after doing the comparison, fighting the Frost Brothers is much more annoying in R than in Alpha Gaiden. To be fair, they appear in the former much more often. Also, it's only really annoying in wanting their item drops, since they need to be defeated at the same time due to the other fleeing if one is defeated. Or just the HP of one gets lowered enough. That mechanic is certainly something.

Ah well, I'm also nearing the end of my R playthrough, when enemies stop pulling that stunt anyway...

In fact, I still remember how much of a pain it was wanting their items during the Endless Waltz stage in SRW R. First trying to lower their HP enough to use a MAP weapon but not enough for them to flee. Something quite hard to do since they will position themselves next to each other for Support Attack/Defense, and one of them can Support Defend up to four times! So that can screw things up. Then it was lowering their morale to increase the damage done to them. Good thing I had quite a few with the proper Seishins. Both the one to lower their morale by 10 per usage, and the one that restores 10 SP per use so they could use it even more. And then increasing the morale of the one to use the MAP weapon. Which is a good thing I also had people with the Seishin to increase 10 morale per use to adjacent units. AND THEN using the Soul seishin to increase damage, and Concentrate to help for the attack to hit, since the Frost Brothers have quite high mobility.

It was soooooo frustrating... but I nailed it in the end. Took me quite the amount of turns... then again, that's still nothing right now in Alpha Gaiden, where chapters are now taking me over 20 turns. lol The endgame has turned into a marathon since Chapter 41...

Edited by Acacia Sgt