• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

damian i have a rly important question before i forget (but if anyone else bothers to read this it'd be great if you could answer also)

if you're playing a largely combat-based game (like you pick your characters most likely based on fighting style than anything, or maybe appearance because there's very little plot and/or personality to judge) with amazing music, and you decide that you really like a character because of how they fight and how cute they look/sound personality-wise but then u go and listen to their theme song (like, suppose that every character has their own song and like i said the music in this game is breathtaking and most of them are very nice) and their theme song really fuckin sucks. like, it sucks many dicks, as opposed to just one. the question: would this affect your decision in which character u decide to play as, or at least slightly affect how u feel about him/her? consider that you don't love them SIGNIFICANTLY more than the rest of the cast and in fact there are other characters, slightly less cute and with a slightly different fighting style but with a significantly better theme song, who you were also eyeing while picking ur fave. also, consider that no character is more skilled at combat than another, or at least enough that it would make them a better option than any other to YOU. on the flipside would a totally gorgeous theme song be able to improve your opinion on a character you perceive as ~bad~ for whatever reason?

these are very specific questions but they are very very very important, thank you for your time

also who would be the most appealing choice to you:

- a cute-looking character who has a fighting style that totally matches yours, has great outfits and a decent theme song but an awfully boring personality

- a half-as-cute-looking character who has a fighting style that totally clashes against yours but has a great theme song and a very cute personality

this is the same game so there's very little dialogue and mostly u just kinda fight

3 hours ago, VY2V3 said:

damian i have a rly important question before i forget (but if anyone else bothers to read this it'd be great if you could answer also)

if you're playing a largely combat-based game (like you pick your characters most likely based on fighting style than anything, or maybe appearance because there's very little plot and/or personality to judge) with amazing music, and you decide that you really like a character because of how they fight and how cute they look/sound personality-wise but then u go and listen to their theme song (like, suppose that every character has their own song and like i said the music in this game is breathtaking and most of them are very nice) and their theme song really fuckin sucks. like, it sucks many dicks, as opposed to just one. the question: would this affect your decision in which character u decide to play as, or at least slightly affect how u feel about him/her? consider that you don't love them SIGNIFICANTLY more than the rest of the cast and in fact there are other characters, slightly less cute and with a slightly different fighting style but with a significantly better theme song, who you were also eyeing while picking ur fave. also, consider that no character is more skilled at combat than another, or at least enough that it would make them a better option than any other to YOU. on the flipside would a totally gorgeous theme song be able to improve your opinion on a character you perceive as ~bad~ for whatever reason?

these are very specific questions but they are very very very important, thank you for your time

yes this is good i play fightin games so i am experienced and this is not so specific!! also my answers will be analogous to that...

a sucky theme song would not affect my decision to play as them if i like how they look and fight, becos fun is fun and what's fun is how they look PRIMARY REASON and then how they play is secondary

also if other characters have themes i can listen to those like half the time and a majority of the games i play have a song select so wow that's good

an amazing theme song is definitely points but i can think of many games where my favorite theme isn't anywhere close to my favorite character but i still don't like the character that theme belongs to

or i could just play multiple characters!! i can cite examples but then this post would have a lot of links and characters

3 hours ago, VY2V3 said:

also who would be the most appealing choice to you:

- a cute-looking character who has a fighting style that totally matches yours, has great outfits and a decent theme song but an awfully boring personality

- a half-as-cute-looking character who has a fighting style that totally clashes against yours but has a great theme song and a very cute personality

this is the same game so there's very little dialogue and mostly u just kinda fight

the former, becos i try not to let fighting style clash w/ my decision like everyone has a fair shot just based on looks and i don't be like "oh i wish i could play x they are so cute/cool but im bad and am settling for other thing" u know i want to have a good time

so with looks as the only qualifier i would pick the cute character first and since it's mostly fighting/combat i'd be ok w/ that especially if i hit it off like how you're saying

i would still try the latter if they are SUFFICIENTLY CUTE, like if half as cute is still really cute, playstyle doesn't matter too much i can also think of examples for this

i hope these answers are good enough becos i feel like i missed something oops

those r very good answers but wat if ur like locked to one character only and also u don't really hear the other theme songs

i rly like asking u things because i don't have to ask you to elaborate on each answer wow

Edited by VY2V3
stan hitori

1 hour ago, VY2V3 said:

those r very good answers but wat if ur like locked to one character only and also u don't really hear the other theme songs

i rly like asking u things because i don't have to ask you to elaborate on each answer wow

that's ok too i don't actually play multiple characters very often i like to be good with ONE and i haven't run into a theme song that i find repulsive enough to not want to hear it unconditionally and i've heard some bad ones and eventually stockholm syndrome would rear its ugly head and then i'd be ok

being locked to one would mean pickin based on how COOL they are is even more important, i don't want to be stuck being not as cute/cool as i could be!!

22 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

idk

also the halloween sengayku event wants me to 'touch all eleven guys all over' i'm quitting this game

o yeah lmao that's fuckin weird but otome games are already fuckin weird anyway so w/e, i just won't do it

i can't believe there r actually people who like all 11 boys i'm mildly ambivalent towards, like, two and that's rly stretching it

9 minutes ago, VY2V3 said:

o yeah lmao that's fuckin weird but otome games are already fuckin weird anyway so w/e, i just won't do it

i can't believe there r actually people who like all 11 boys i'm mildly ambivalent towards, like, two and that's rly stretching it

nvm i just opened the game and read it and it's actually 100000x weirder than i thought, i can't believe people unironically wrote this