• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

o i’m extremely happy that u asked bc that means that u don’t know who my fave is

i didn’t start talk to u abt my faves until we watched mx and u were like NAME HIM so everyone i liked before that is mysterious and that’s fun

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

Pairs SP

Twists and throws make me even more anxious than regular jumps, but they're exciting.

Sui / Han:
The gold favorite. Oh thank goodness they didn't skip Sui/Han's skate. When they cut to an interview I was scared they were actually gonna skip them, but it was an Italian pair they skipped. I've seen a lot if people praising Sui/Han, but I don't think I've actually seen them skate until now. They're definitely good. I love Wenjing's hair. I feel like they lack something in the artistic department, but they were intense. Their death spiral in this skate was also kind of iffy. They're first with 82 points rn.

Marchei / Hotarek:
Their skate was really fun and fast-paced; I think I enjoyed it more than Sui/Han's tbh. It was a personal best for them too. They didn't make it to the current top 3 unfortunately.

Duhamel / Radford:
Sort of tentative. Their side-by-side jump was also not in sync. They're in second now, breaking up the two Chinese teams in first and second =(

Savchenko / Massot:
The other gold favorite. Their twist is amazing. Wow, that height. Massot popped his side-by-side jump though. It'll cost them a lot. I loved their performance though. I can't help but notice that Savchenko's arms are rly toned. They're third now =(

Tarasova / Morozov:
Nice costumes. Usually the men in pairs or even in singles have really bland costumes. Their twist and throw were really good too. I liked their step sequence and the music during it. 2nd by less than a point. Lots of people seem to disagree with the score though.

Congrats to Sui/Han! This pairs event was great. No falls from the ones I saw thank god. I love Johnny Weir's outfits in the commentary box btw.

aliona savchenko is 34 (rly old for a figure skater) and a five-time world champion and two-time bronze olympic medalist; she really wants the gold and i feel so bad for her. the competition is really close and it's going to be hard to make up those points when they're in fourth.

basically my thoughts after their skate:

x7sGoBw.png

Spoiler

i followed yesung’s insta a few weeks ago bc ryeong doesn’t fuckin use his and if i had to follow anyone else it would be yesung and his posts r really funny bc he’s an emo art hoe no wonder suju bullies him so much

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

Damn, all the pairs below Sui/Han and Tarasova/Morozov have like 0.5-1 points in between them.

It's a shame NBC didn't show Yu/Zhang's skate and also a shame Peng/Jin barely missed the qualification for the freeskate =(

DYMGWXJ.png

unrelated but i love russian names and diminutives 

Ekatrina -> Katya
Evgenia -> Zhenya
Alexandra -> Sasha
Elizaveta -> Liza
Serafima - Sima
Anna -> Anya
Sofiya -> Sonya
Valeriia -> Valya
Yulia -> Yulya

Edited by sylveonzoroark

34 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

yeah, she has to have a partner for the freeskate after all. after that...

ah ok phew

28 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

I'm not really familiar with pair skaters, but from the posts on goldenskate forums Bruno's either gonna die or get his brand new citizenship revoked lol

good bye bruno
you were probably  a really good skater

34 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

yeah, she has to have a partner for the freeskate after all. after that...

ah ok phew

28 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

I'm not really familiar with pair skaters, but from the posts on goldenskate forums Bruno's either gonna die or get his brand new citizenship revoked lol

good bye bruno
you were probably  a really good skater

45 minutes ago, bling said:

i feel powerful

also it’s great cuz that means i talk abt the members equally ish which is fun too bc seventeen is like not

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

znoeF.png

happy valentines day kim im glad u know me

oh I found a video of Yu Xiaoyu / Zhang Hao. Wow what a nice performance. The contrast between the two is kinda funny:

800px-2016_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating_

Even funnier seeing Zhang skate to swan lake. Xiaoyu really steals the show with how balletic and intense she is