Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

5 hours ago, Starman said:

as someone that's only heard it, but has an interest in ToM what would you say is this games high point, bobert?

Assuming you man Trials of Mana:

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet so I can't speak for everything in it yet. If you mean high point in the story, I can't say for sure.

But for my favorite aspects overall, I'd go with:

• The soundtrack is top notch.
  • The spritework is also top notch, both in detail and animation smoothness. Might be one of the pinnacles of spritework on the SNES, even.
  • The multiple possible party compositions and class change paths (you can choose 3 out of 6 characters in each playthrough, and each character has 4 possible class paths) creating a high degree of replay value.

The story and gameplay are also very good, generally  speaking.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Finished ToM yesterday! \o/

Had Duran as my lead, with Hawkeye and Charlotte as my other characters. Very good overall, even if there's some minor areas that annoy me.

I'll go back and play with the other three someday - but I started ToM just after finishing Secret of Mana, so I don't wanna get burnt out on the series. ^^;

Edited by Robert of Normandy

7 hours ago, bad daniel said:

have any of y’all played etrian odyssey nexus??? i want to complain since i’m done with the postgame

no but I know people who probably have :v

14 hours ago, Starman said:

i mean theres no reason for you to not rant

agreed.

abyssal princess was fucking dumb as hell, like i go through this every single time i fight a superboss in the etrian odyssey series, but abyssal princess is probably the second worst of the superbosses that i’ve fought against (behind abyssal god in 3)

spastically speaking her stats are high enough that almost all of her attacks will one shot every non-heavy armor in the party, and any defensive countermeasure you can take against her gets cleared because her unholy light skill cleanses her and you

oh and later in the fight she also reads your inputs so she’ll use her fast activation move to hit before a guard skill comes up. and her elemental pattern for attacks are random

overall an unpleasant experience, i needed a lot of rng to beat this fight on heroic

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

If Adol gets in Smash I  hope he doesn't have any attack buttons, but just attacks by running into people.

I doubt they'd allow that...

... could be a fun thing to do for his Final Smash though. Make him do the bump-damage thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back and finished my FE3 iron man on the cart that I started and abandoned a few months ago

The casualties were:

• Cain
  • Doga
  • Bord
  • Merric
  • Hardin
  • Radd
  • Boah
  • Palla

F's are appreciated

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Resultado de imagen de Super F gif

It's okay, he'll be inexplicably be back in Book 2. Hahaha

Funnily enough, it seems FE3 doesn't let you continue into Book 2 if you had any deaths.

I started it from the file menu, so I guess I've created an alternate universe

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Funnily enough, it seems FE3 doesn't let you continue into Book 2 if you had any deaths.

I started it from the file menu, so I guess I've created an alternate universe

Well, on the bad side, the people who died.

On the flip side, no Hardin to be manipulated by the Dark Orb. Even then, there's no Boah either to pressure Nyna into marrying right away.

For a hypothetical scenario, makes me wonder who would Nyna marry in this case. Michalis?

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, on the bad side, the people who died.

On the flip side, no Hardin to be manipulated by the Dark Orb. Even then, there's no Boah either to pressure Nyna into marrying right away.

For a hypothetical scenario, makes me wonder who would Nyna marry in this case. Michalis?

Michalis was thought dead, so no. Probably  it would wind up being Marth or some other noble from Archanaea, Altea, or Aurelis.

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

Michalis was thought dead, so no. Probably  it would wind up being Marth or some other noble from Archanaea, Altea, or Aurelis.

Well, it depends if he decides to reveal himself alive. With Dark Emperor Hardin around, he thought it best to remain in subterfuge while hunting down Starlight, since he was aware it was Gharnef pulling the strings. Either way, the stigma of him siding with Medeus might put him out as an option anyway, now that I think about it.

I'm pretty sure Marth was brought up as an option in the actual canon; but Nyna herself shot the idea down, not wanting to bring hardship to him and Caeda. Which is going to repeat itself there. Since at this point the only suitable option between the fellow royals is waiting for Yubello to grow up, it's quite likely it might indeed be just a noble from any of those countries. Probably from Archanea proper. So... Jeorge?

In any case, Nyna won't be in a rush. Although, even without Boah around, she may still get pressure to marry in order to continue the royal family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...