Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Exactly

Desu (Japanese: です) is a Japanese word that is used by both fans of Japanese culture and those who mock the former. In most situations, [/size]desu is used in spam attacks and thread derailments on forums and image boards alike. [/size]

Silly J.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Final Fantasy 4 is pretty legit

Every character dies and reborn at least 3 times in FF4 haha

FF3 is much better IMO

Also, did you remember what you wanted to ask me?

probably not

Every character dies and reborn at least 3 times in FF4 haha

FF3 is much better IMO

Also, did you remember what you wanted to ask me?

probably not

Spoilers, dude >:

And nope!

Which version

GBA. I was considering DS, but due to the differences, I thought I'd play it afterwards. And no, I can't play the PSP version

Spoilers, dude >:

And nope!

GBA. I was considering DS, but due to the differences, I thought I'd play it afterwards. And no, I can't play the PSP version

The only difference is that DS has voice acting, you wouldn't be missing out much.

The only difference is that DS has voice acting, you wouldn't be missing out much.

... And the augment system. And the buff in difficulty. Hell, I've seen people claim the only thing it shares with the other versions is the plot, nothing more

... And the augment system. And the buff in difficulty. Hell, I've seen people claim the only thing it shares with the other versions is the plot, nothing more

Its been a long time since I've played FFIV sue me

Those are pretty much the Only differences yes

Its been a long time since I've played FFIV sue me

Those are pretty much the Only differences yes

Not really.

[spoiler=List of Differences]

The following is a list of changes to the Nintendo DS release. The game as a whole was given a graphical overhaul to 3D, and included changes to incorporate the DS touch screen, increase the difficulty and add a new ability system. The specific changes are as follows:
-The party switching system from the Advance version is gone, as well as the new equipment and dungeons.
-The new augment system allows characters to learn special abilities in addition to their own innate ones. These abilities can be exchanged with the character's current abilities at any time outside of battle. Characters can learn abilities from former party members (as well as bosses and NPCs) that can be arranged to be used in battle.
-Stat boosts for Level 71 and on are affected by which augments the character is equipped with. With enough patience and the right combination of augments, all characters in the final party can achieve 99 in all stats.
-A number of new spells (seen in previous games like Final Fantasy XII) accessed via Twin Magic or the Recall ability such as Bravery, Faith and Bubble.
-Equipment options have been changed. Rosa is now the only character who can equip bows, Cecil can equip new elemental knives found in Troia, and Edge cannot equip Claws.
-A retranslated script incorporating many concepts originally left out, such as Zemus's desire for the Lunarians to populate Earth, and information regarding Kain's father. There's also a handful of new events, including a flashback to when Cecil was born, and how Golbez fell under Zemus's control.
-Various new cinematic sequences with voice-overs. A full CG intro with rendered character models is also added.
-The ability to walk and fly airships in eight directions, as well as through use of the touch screen.
-The new summon, Whyt, who replaces Rydia in battle and acts automatically, based on abilities you set it prior to battle. It has infinite MP and will act for approximately 3 turns before dismissing itself.
-The Fat Chocobo gives access to five minigames used to increase Whyt's stats, as well as an option to battle your Whyt with a friend's, customize its appearance using the DS touch screen, and change its battle behavior. The Fat Chocobo also lets you listen to the music player, watch previously seen cutscenes and view the bestiary.
-The Fat Chocobo no longer holds items, as the inventory space limit has been removed.
-Many of the bosses and enemies are much more difficult. In general, enemy HP is increased, new attack patterns are added, enemies do more damage, and they attack in greater numbers. Additionally, many enemies which would not use their more devastating attacks unless they were alone, will now use them at any time, even if other monsters are present. Perhaps to compensate, status spells like Stop and Hold are more effective, and a large majority of enemies and bosses are vulnerable to Slow.
-An altered loot system, with items dropped and Stolen from enemies changed.
-The player is now incapable of changing the characters' names, as voice acting makes this impossible. Namingway, now unable to change the main cast's names, changes his name throughout the game as you interact with him in various scenes in towns and dungeons. Namingway's misadventures form a game-arcing subquest as the player assists him in finding new meaning to his life and he changes his name to fit his situation.
-There is a minimap on the bottom screen, given by Namingway. Exploring 100% of the dungeon floor the map is displaying results in free items. Exploring 100% of all maps in the game rewards the player with a rare augment ability.
-The ATB Gauge gains a second red bar indicating the time between selecting an action and the action being performed.
-Upon entering the menus in the World Map or in towns, a word bubble appears over the character on screen - whoever is at the "head" of the party, reflecting their thoughts and feelings.
-Various abilities have been changed. For example, Yang's Focus no longer attacks for double damage; instead it allows Yang to charge his attack power up to three times, which will increase the damage done by any physical attack he executes. Porom's Cry now lowers enemies' defense stat, and Fusoya's Bless restores MP instead of HP.
-Various spell changes. Several spells have altered power or MP costs. Rydia's summons in particular are more powerful than before.
Two optional superbosses, Geryon and Proto-Babil.
-A "New Game Plus" feature.
-The desert around Fabul from the Gameboy Advance was reverted back into light green grass.
-Some cinematic changes were incorporated as well: After Golbez's second defeat and his declaration that death will not overcome him, he simply turns around and grabs the crystal. In the SNES version, Golbez's hand became disembodied and grabbed the crystal after travelling through the room.