• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

slowly dying after seeing grades with the exam

And I work around books five days a week looking for them xD

Working in a bookstore (well I'm not sure if you do) sounds lovely! totally a dream job when I turn 16.

Edited by Koneko

slowly dying after seeing grades with the exam

Working in a bookstore (well I'm not sure if you do) sounds lovely! totally a dream job when I turn 16.

You didn't do as well as your hoped?Its not th end of the world you know;there's always next time

Freohr nooo your old avi is no more ;-;

I'm likin' the sig, doe.

I may end up returning to it at least! =o I wasn't fully ready to leave it, the twewy theme just came along, so...

I didn't confuse you either, Freohr!

But that's only because I'm like, perfect and stuff.

Wow

I'm still glad that I can't confuse like perfect and stuff people too

half of everyone was not there and it was just like

: I

also I won

e: everyone as in my teachers

yeah I saw earlier (?) I think that's when you showed it.

But congrats on winning broski.

You didn't do as well as your hoped?Its not th end of the world you know;there's always next time

I can save my biology grade with the extra credit, same goes for algebra 2. journalism..it's not off to a good start. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of tests backing me up for my ap world history test but..I gotta bring it up as much as I can before next week.

Evening. Looking bad?

good evening. from the looks of it, it's off to a really bad year in some classes. not wanting to bring down self confidence and all because of opportunities to excel but it's proving to be difficult.

good evening. from the looks of it, it's off to a really bad year in some classes. not wanting to bring down self confidence and all because of opportunities to excel but it's proving to be difficult.

Oh goodness, that does sound rough. But yeah, don't lose spirit! I wish you luck in your coming challenges.

Wait, serious time? Sure let me whip some out:

Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. A uniquely humorous take on the apocalypse, I could write a longer description, but words will honestly fail to do me justice probably.

This Alien Shore, by CS Friedman (or really any of her other works). This is an adventure in sci-fi, and I read it back in college so can't recall all that much of the specifics, but it left a lasting positive impression on me.

The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand. Deeply profound in ways you might not expect, reading this literally changed my life. It might actually come up as required reading in high school, depending on your course, but don't let that deter you, it's worth it.

Wizards First Rule, by Terry Goodkind. I really enjoyed this, as it was a pretty fresh fantasy excursion with bumps and twists all its own. The Mord Sith are p cool, ngl.

I'll whip together something more thorough if you're seriously interested in exploring literature.

I'm not sure if I can say I'm seriously interested in literature, but it is fun. Running out of stuff to read and then just dropping it entirely seems like such a waste, so I take any and all recommendations. I'll write those down, but I'm limited to my library. I don't have any disposable income to order or buy them ;(

you should watch the tv show of this (legend of the seeker?) because it starts out modestly decent and quickly descends into hilarious greatness

I've never been too big on TV, but if I can't find the book I'll probably do this.