Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Levin is the only good one for FE4 because it's the same name not spelled weirdly

Wait now i forgot which one was levin

\o/

ok just checked i derped hard

never remake fe4 if you're using these names pls thank you

--

God this upload speed os so shit, one hour fpr 350MB

Edited by FaIa

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Hold on there, I never said it was supposed to improve the story, I said to touch it up were it needed, with the underlined, you're putting words in my mouth and then saying what I just did in different words.

Clearing something up right now, this was in complete reference to the translation like my previous post was supposed to imply, I typed the wrong word there.

I said story in my other post, and it wasn't meant to mean the story itself, but the translation.

Edited by Soledai

I'm guessing you didn't see where it was redirected to pointless?

There was just a talk about one, Klein > Klain, and before anyone tries to pull the "lol, old name card", something being meaningless is not something being hated.

Hold on there, I never said it was supposed to improve the story, I said to touch it up were it needed, with the underlined, you're putting words in my mouth and then saying what I just did in different words.

I don't believe that at all though, I personally believe if a jp game got a patch then some localisation changes happened to a few things relevant to that game, I see no reason to change it, let the patch stay unique in that regard I say, even if it's different from the "norm", it's not obligated to follow localisations at all and if it does, fine.

I see, then what I heard was that it was compatible with Gringe's patch and thought he made it too.

Was it an edit? Either way, my apologies

The Klein > Klain thing Kim and I were having was more of a joke than anything. I'm probably one of the very few people on SF who calls the characters in FE6 by gringe's names. As long as I know who people are referring to when they speak, I don't care what they call them. I know it's not 100% relevant to your point, but I just wanted to get that out there

I got the wrong message from your post initially then. When I first read it, I somehow got under the impression you thought the newer patch intended on improving the story, and not just portray it better than the older translation. Again, my bad

Editing an outdated patch to put in localised names is pretty redundant; you may as well just make a whole new translation patch altogether. I mean, if a player got introduced to FE for the first time via Awakening, thought some of Binding Blade's cast on street/spotpass looked cool, and wanted to play the game they originated from, they'd probably feel the older patch wasn't done in a professional and much-caring manner, and be less interested. I'm not 100% when I say this, but gringe's patch was built under the intention with improving the older patch's writing, adding in the newer names to fit with NoA's chosen names, so new players wouldn't feel alienated with regards to their names. People can play the older translation if they wanted to. But a new player wouldn't really have a reason to. Your point makes total sense, but I'm just expressing a different viewpoint on the matter

It was made by gringe, but it was created separately due to request, I believe

Edited by DodgeDusk

jesus christ

this is why we don't talk about FE

It's just a conversation, dude ]:

so then how about that FE5 patch huh Dusk

I'm aware it's getting a new patch, but I have no idea what it's doing. As long as the menus get fixed, I couldn't care what else they did do it

Was it an edit? Either way, my apologies

The Klein > Klain thing Kim and I were having was more of a joke than anything. I'm probably one of the very few people on SF who calls the characters in FE6 by gringe's names. As long as I know who people are referring to when they speak, I don't care what they call them. I know it's not 100% relevant to your point, but I just wanted to get that out there

It was a slow edit, but yes, I believe there is one there

I 98% percent agree with this, but at this point we'd just be debating preferences, just as long as I know who you mean, so I agree

I got the wrong message from your post initially then. When I first read it, I somehow got under the impression you thought the newer patch intended on improving the story, and not just portray it better than the older translation. Again, my bad

That one is on me, I was thinking about the translated story when I said it and didn't specify that's what I referring to, so poor wording on my part.

Editing an outdated patch to put in localised names is pretty redundant; you may as well just make a whole new translation patch altogether. I mean, if a player got introduced to FE for the first time via Awakening, thought some of Binding Blade's cast on street/spotpass looked cool, and wanted to play the game they originated from, they'd probably feel the older patch wasn't done in a professional and much-caring manner, and be less interested. I'm not 100% when I say this, but gringe's patch was built under the intention with improving the older patch's writing, adding in the newer names to fit with NoA's chosen names, so new players wouldn't feel alienated with regards to their names. People can play the older translation if they wanted to. But a new player wouldn't really have a reason to. Your point makes total sense, but I'm just expressing a different viewpoint on the matter

It was made by gringe, but it was created separately due to request, I believe

That however, is what looks like it was done with the FE4 'retranslation' that and changing Julius's death quote from the StRaNGE bUt ColL LetTeRiNg like this so a normal one I believe. Though yes, you're point is not lost at all, in fact I encourage that... to an extent, I would say, that person would have to be prepared for the patches to be different than what they're used to.

Ahh, I thought so.

jesus christ

this is why we don't talk about FE

I don't mind conversations like these, hearing a different viewpoint with acceptable reasons is always interesting to see.

bonus points that no one is flaming the other.

It was a slow edit, but yes, I believe there is one there

That however, is what looks like it was done with the FE4 'retranslation' that and changing Julius's death quote from the StRaNGE bUt ColL LetTeRiNg like this so a normal one I believe. Though yes, you're point is not lost at all, in fact I encourage that... to an extent, I would say, that person would have to be prepared for the patches to be different than what they're used to.

Ahh, I thought so.

I see

Fair enough. And yeah, they would

I don't mind conversations like these, hearing a different viewpoint with acceptable reasons is always interesting to see.

bonus points that no one is flaming the other.

If we flamed each other due to translation patches I think we'd both have problems

I must away now for a while, stay classy thread.

I see

Fair enough. And yeah, they would

If we flamed each other due to translation patches I think we'd both have problems

I left out some words in there again >_> ah well, you got my meaning and that's enough for me.

I've seen some crazy stuff happen over stuff like this.(though, the thought was pretty funny)

I left out some words in there again >_> ah well, you got my meaning and that's enough for me.

I've seen some crazy stuff happen over stuff like this.(though, the thought was pretty funny)

Took me a bit to decipher what you said, but it wasn't too much work. I do it all the time, and I even add in the completely wrong words sometimes. I normally do it at least once during each update of a playlog. 'Tis why they're all edited in some way

Indeed