• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Drugs are a big problem with the world.

She does them

And I come from a city where it's stupidly common, mind.

The problem with drugs aren't the drugs themselves, but they being forbidden; they should be treated as a "health problem" not as a "crime problem". If drugs were legal, drug gangs wouldn't be a problem, drug traffic wouldn't be a problem, violent drug dealers getting money selling drugs wouldn't be a problem. Drugs themselves aren't a major problem, the war on drugs is. Just look at how the american states that legalized marijuana are doing. Colorado got a TON of money. Portugal and Uruguay are also good exemples on why legalizing drugs is good. Did you know that Portugal dropped its number of drug addicts by half by legalizing all drugs?

If drugs were legal, I bet Mexico wouldn't be having so much problems right now. Hell, even Brazil would be way safer.

I agree.

And I'm Dutch.

Although it's not all that big a deal here as some foreigners like to believe.

it's not "a big deal" because they're legal lol

no drug dealers, no drug traffic, no crime

If drugs were legal, I bet Mexico wouldn't be having so much problems right now. Hell, even Brazil would be way safer.

I can vouch for this. On the other hand, it's probably the sort of thing that would be deliberately kept that way since it benefits more the people in charge than us the common folk... but then again, what would I know...

The problem with drugs aren't the drugs themselves, but they being forbidden; they should be treated as a "health problem" not as a "crime problem". If drugs were legal, drug gangs wouldn't be a problem, drug traffic wouldn't be a problem, violent drug dealers getting money selling drugs wouldn't be a problem. Drugs themselves aren't a major problem, the war on drugs is. Just look at how the american states that legalized marijuana are doing. Colorado got a TON of money. Portugal and Uruguay are also good exemples on why legalizing drugs is good. Did you know that Portugal dropped its number of drug addicts by half by legalizing all drugs?

Even if they were legal, drugs would still be dealt by shady people.

It's also notable that impairment is a thing. Some of them also let emissions into the air.

And if it is a health concern, wouldn't you want for it to be not legal if it's a preventable health issue?

Smoking is among the top preventable deaths in the US. Wouldn't it be nice if cigarettes were made harder to get, while anti smoking pills made easier?

On the other hand, I'm just very much disturbed by why anyone would do that stuff to themselves knowing the consequences.

Even if they were legal, drugs would still be dealt by shady people.

It's also notable that impairment is a thing. Some of them also let emissions into the air.

And if it is a health concern, wouldn't you want for it to be not legal if it's a preventable health issue?

Smoking is among the top preventable deaths in the US. Wouldn't it be nice if cigarettes were made harder to get, while anti smoking pills made easier?

On the other hand, I'm just very much disturbed by why anyone would do that stuff to themselves knowing the consequences.

uhh, no. They could be dealt by legal drug stores, handled by normal people who just happen to sell legal drugs to make money. That's like saying people who sell alcohol are "shady".

the drug emissions in the air are trivial comparable to even cow farts.

No. I don't want soda to be illegal; I don't want candies to be illegal; i don't want bacon to be illegal; I don't want poison to be illegal.

Anti smoking pills: Yes. Cigarettes: No. The effects drug traffic have are waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than the effects any legal drug could have. Really. You live in a city affected by drug traffic. Imagine if people didn't kill others for drugs because drug dealers can't make money through that. Everyone would have it better. You wouldn't have to be afraid about leaving your house because some drug dealer will shoot you.

Again, education is almost always the solution, prohibition is almost never. There's a reason the prohibition of alcohol in the US didn't work.

Think of drugs as poison. Do you think poison should be forbidden just because people use it to kill themselves?

This is a good read

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Edited by Nobody

uhh, no. They could be dealt by legal drug stores, handled by normal people who just happen to sell legal drugs to make money. That's like saying people who sell alcohol are "shady".

No. I don't want soda to be illegal; I don't want candies to be illegal; i don't want bacon to be illegal; I don't want poison to be illegal.

Anti smoking pills: Yes. Cigarettes: No. The effects drug traffic have are waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than the effects any legal drug could have. Really. You live in a city affected by drug traffic. Imagine if people didn't kill others for drugs because drug dealers can't make money through that. Everyone would have it better. You wouldn't have to be afraid about living your house because some drug dealer will shoot you.

Again, education is almost always the solution, prohibition is almost never. There's a reason the prohibition of alcohol in the US didn't work.

Think of drugs as poison. Do you think poison should be forbidden just because people use it to kill themselves?

The problem is that even if you legalize drugs, they're still a health risk and should therefore be regulated and charged with taxes.

As long as they are kept in check by regulation and taxes, the already existing black market still has ground to thrive and illegal drug dealing will remain a problem.

That said I think regulated legalization is still the best option.

Prohibition drives all drug traffic to the black market, regulated legalization will take away a good part of the black market to the regulated white market.

(As far as regulation goes, the Netherlands are not exactly exemplary, may I add: the rules are unclear, confusing, always changing.)

Anti smoking pills: Yes. Cigarettes: No. The effects drug traffic have are waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than the effects any legal drug could have. Really. You live in a city affected by drug traffic. Imagine if people didn't kill others for drugs because drug dealers can't make money through that. Everyone would have it better. You wouldn't have to be afraid about living your house because some drug dealer will shoot you.

This is a good read

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Fair enough

I could barely stand my old apartment building which housed smokers. The emissions were terrible.

The difference is that those things (besides poison maybe, and the caffeine in the soda) aren't nearly as highly addictive, do not impair your judgement, and don't physically change the way your mind/body works.

I guess so... I just dislike that anyone would even do it.

You mean rat poison or something? Fair enough.