Headcanon Thread

Anacybele

Why even go with alternate universes? In my headcanon, Awakening's plot never happens.

cause than i cant make fun or denounce it. i hate much of awakening and its plot but really no point in pretending that it never happened, i still denounce it anyways.

Expanding on timetravel is unnecessary if you go with the logical solution that solves all paradoxes...

The one that the game uses, and outright states it uses...

"Everett Interpretation", or "Many Worlds Theory".

this still brings up problems, the game never states that the "Many Worlds Theory" is exactly the case either, it just sort of states that Lucina and the children characters traveled back in time and that's that. it does have alternate worlds yes but it doesn't really define what type of time travel there going for and that's the problem. yes you can use evidence to prove what the basis of time travel there using is but by not defining it from a story and narrative perspective they have created a big no no and blast a giant plot hole in there story, or in a metaphorical wording "it shot it self in the foot." although plot holes in certain instances can perhaps work if you leaving thing open ended or going more for a strong message or metaphor of a theme it can perhaps work but here it is used as a contrived plot device to have children character and could have easily been worked out of the story with out really hurting it in anyway. then again awakening has other problems with out the time travel but as it is the time travel really kills it.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I always stick Owain in a magic class (and I'd be crazy not to), I always occupy one of his skillslots with a real Mystletainn.

My associated headcanon:

Avatar gives him Mystletainn, but instead of engaging in his usual glib repartee, he's so stunned/touched by the gift that he starts tearing up and gives the Avatar a big hug. Even though it weighs him down a bit in battle, he straps on his old sheath underneath his Sage robes and keeps the sacred blade in it for every fight.

He may not tell the avatar so, but he draws more strength from how thoughtful the gift was than the actual power of the blade itself.

(after his display of genuine affection, the avatar decides not to tell him that there are 17 more sitting in the convoy)

this still brings up problems, the game never states that the "Many Worlds Theory" is exactly the case either, it just sort of states that Lucina and the children characters traveled back in time and that's that. it does have alternate worlds yes but it doesn't really define what type of time travel there going for and that's the problem. yes you can use evidence to prove what the basis of time travel there using is but by not defining it from a story and narrative perspective they have created a big no no and blast a giant plot hole in there story, or in a metaphorical wording "it shot it self in the foot." although plot holes in certain instances can perhaps work if you leaving thing open ended or going more for a strong message or metaphor of a theme it can perhaps work but here it is used as a contrived plot device to have children character and could have easily been worked out of the story with out really hurting it in anyway. then again awakening has other problems with out the time travel but as it is the time travel really kills it.

It does specifically do so though.

Cit: Yarne/Father A.

Cit: Morgan's Solo Ending. [Or Morgan(M)'s ending]

Even though I always stick Owain in a magic class (and I'd be crazy not to), I always occupy one of his skillslots with a real Mystletainn.

My associated headcanon:

Avatar gives him Mystletainn, but instead of engaging in his usual glib repartee, he's so stunned/touched by the gift that he starts tearing up and gives the Avatar a big hug. Even though it weighs him down a bit in battle, he straps on his old sheath underneath his Sage robes and keeps the sacred blade in it for every fight.

He may not tell the avatar so, but he draws more strength from how thoughtful the gift was than the actual power of the blade itself.

(after his display of genuine affection, the avatar decides not to tell him that there are 17 more sitting in the convoy)

This makes sense with Loki!Avatar in ways you can never imagine. Ahahahaha!

It does specifically do so though.

Cit: Yarne/Father A.

Cit: Morgan's Solo Ending. [Or Morgan(M)'s ending]

the wording in the avatars yarnes A support allures to "different versions of time" not exactly the many worlds theory, just different timelines, so yes there is hints to the idea of the many worlds theory, however i am looking for a clear definition here and that is not a clear definition and then theirs Lucina's and the other children characters fears of drastically changing the past until its far too different from original events is unfounded as it is a different world entirely. Lucina's motivation for traveling back is to change the future not create a better future for that world implying there is a singular future showing that the very definition of the time travel is not consistent, there is also yarnes entire character setup of being afraid of disappearing from existence if his parents split up is unfounded as well as not only would he not disappear if it was a different world, but it would be a completely different person born not him so his primary concern would in reality be surviving if it was a different worlds theory. i admit that the different worlds theory is probably the most reasonable explanation for time travel in awakening how ever the game takes no real time to explain this problem or even to really work it into the central plot, its just an add on to make the game appeal to more people with several different fan service gimmicks such as marriage, time travel in itself, character types to ship, and various other. in short the time travel is simply just not properly explained or eased into the story.

They're close enough to have the "Morgan Problem":

Morgan Problem:

Because Morgan is as a model and as a base character design, merely a build 2 MU, in fanart, Morgans who are alone or without their family are indistinguishable from MUs in most scenarios.

Although it's an unfair solution, I simply say that all indistinguishable Morgans are MU, regardless of what you have to say.

And for a small, pointless head canon:

lYR4a7b.jpg

See how Gerome is on the ground and Severa is on a Wyvern?

She's borrowing Minerva.

Edited by Airship Canon

They're close enough to have the "Morgan Problem":

Morgan Problem:

Because Morgan is as a model and as a base character design, merely a build 2 MU, in fanart, Morgans who are alone or without their family are indistinguishable from MUs in most scenarios.

Although it's an unfair solution, I simply say that all indistinguishable Morgans are MU, regardless of what you have to say.

lYR4a7b.jpg

She's borrowing Minerva.

That's the standard blue wyvern skin. Minervykins has her own unique color.

lYR4a7b.jpg

She's borrowing Minerva.

As much as I love this one, can you really see Gerome lending Minerva to Severa, of all people?

Minervykins has her own unique color.

Oh noooes it's like the reclass is of a generic palette or something.

Screw everyone. There are two "Morgans".

"Mark" and "Morgan".

And they're Male MU and Female MU's kids. Together.

Because screw everyone's waifus and husbandos.

They both have black hair as their default hair color.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Screw everyone. There are two "Morgans".

"Mark" and "Morgan".

And they're Male MU and Female MU's kids. Together.

Because screw everyone's waifus and husbandos.

They both have black hair as their default hair color.

I can buy into this headcanon.

Do male MU and female MU have their default white hair colors too? Because apparently two white haired people produce two black haired people XD

My headcanon is that [insert reader of this post's waifu] dies.

Discrimination.

There are females in this forum that have husbandos that deserve to die too, ya know.

In my headcanon, Henry's biggest dream is to be used as a ritual sacrifice

Not in Japanese he doesn't.

I like to ship the unmarriable characters, like Walhart x Aversa and Emmeryn x Gangrel.

My main headcanon is one that I think a lot of people have, which is that the reason there are so many Annas in Awakening is because one of them figured out how to abuse the Outrealm Gate to spawn an infinite number of Annas from the infinite number of parallel universes.

My headcanon is that the Avatar is either Validar's adopted child or Validar was lying and they're completely unrelated. Because I hated that "plot twist" and Validar more than words can describe.

My headcanon is Validar was a figment of Avatar's imagination/Gangrel in a costume.

Heh, I have a similar one to this. I like to pretend that MU in Awakening is the same as my tactician in FE7 who somehow fell through the Outrealm gate into Plegia, where he was adopted by Validar-slash-bred to be the perfect vessel for Grima, which would probably have something to do with being from another dimension to begin with. Details are sketchy.

In my headcanon, Henry's biggest dream is to be used as a ritual sacrifice, Gaius spent time in Guantanamo Bay, and Lucina and Morgan's last known descendant was Charles II of Spain.

I'm pretty sure the Henry thing is actually canon, given his ending when he's single.

Although...

Not in Japanese he doesn't.

Not familiar with this in the JP version… care to elaborate?

Edited by BANRYU

Eh, waifus and husbandos are overrated. Clearly everyone is involved in a constant polyamorus orgy, especially since it's a lot more enjoyable for everyone involved than selective eugenics breeding.

Edited by Emerald Ink

Eh, waifus and husbandos are overrated. Clearly everyone is involved in a constant polyamorus orgy, especially since it's a lot more enjoyable for everyone involved than selective eugenics breeding.

Woah. Just imagine all the Galeforce that would come from that.