What if there was an Ice-type version of Stealth Rock?

Fruity Insanity

bulky waters might become more popular, garchomp would have to be somewhat careful. other than that, stealth rock already chips most dragons enough

bulky waters might become more popular, garchomp would have to be somewhat careful. other than that, stealth rock already chips most dragons enough

Gliscor, too.

And Latios, Hydreigon, etc.

And Grass-types and Ground-types.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

If this was still Gen V, I would have wanted a Dragon Type Stealth Rock that was exclusive to Dragon Types. It would deal neutral damage to every type except Steel and Dragon. Fairies kind of screw up the equation though.

No SR gen 6 is interesting. Last gen, it turns out that Rain get to be even more broken in SR less meta now with Moltres running around. Dragonite and Volcarona become S Rank worthy, Kyu-B is considered a suspect worthy threat, and those "good pokemon ruined by SR" like Yanmega did not really make an appearance. Zard still sucked

Now that weather is nerfed, I imagine Kyu-B Fly Spam team would be downright the best team in the meta

Edited by JSND

That sounds nice actually. The ice could melt eventually, and using fire attacks on either end should get rid of it.

To be honest, I'd prefer it if every entry hazard but Toxic Spikes would last 5 rounds (adding a Spike layer would renew the duration)

I think it's a good idea, so long as it doesn't stack with stealth rock, that's way too much damage in one fell swoop. Ice types should be immune to it, but not get rid of it like how poison types remove toxic spikes. I really like the idea of melting away the hazard, I think that would help increase usage of fire types, but would it work like defog and remove the stalagtites from both sides, or just yours?

Edited by Spiky

I'm kinda curious about stealth rock versions of all types; they wouldn't be able to be stacked of course, and I think it'd be interesting to see different ways for them to be removed from the field by their type's weaknesses instead of just boring old rapid spin or defog. Timed hazards could also be a thing...

I think it's a good idea, so long as it doesn't stack with stealth rock, that's way too much damage in one fell swoop. Ice types should be immune to it, but not get rid of it like how poison/steel types remove toxic spikes. I really like the idea of melting away the hazard, I think that would help increase usage of fire types, but would it work like defog and remove the stalagtites from both sides, or just yours?

Just one thing - steel types don't remove Toxic Spikes, they're just immune to it. Poison types are immune and remove it.

Just one thing - steel types don't remove Toxic Spikes, they're just immune to it. Poison types are immune and remove it.

Whoops, apologies

While we're talking about hazard removal; would it be a good idea if switching in a pokemon of the same type as said hazard (ie ground with spikes, rock for stealth rock) would remove the hazard? Or would that make them too underpowered/make predicting too difficult?

The only time SR is not effective is like when your opponent has no pokemon that did not resist SR

12.5% is like.... half of the Life Orb boost for an extremely powerful attack, or 75% of a Life Orb boost for standard neutral hit vs bulkymon. Apply it on every switches and you got a rather OP move

But honestly the Defog buff make the move somewhat less efficient than it used to be

Edited by JSND

If it stacks with Stealth Rock I could see dragon fliers being very difficult to use, which is why they probably didn't create such a move.

Dragonite would lose 3/4 of it's HP if they stacked which seems pretty ridiculous to me.