Anacybele

Which version of SSB4 are you getting?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Wii U, 3DS, or Both?

• Wii U
    • 3DS
    • Both

This. So much this.

I want a PS3, Wii U, and Vita (because Kiseki).

If I ever get a Wii U, then yeah, I'll get the Wii U version.

But for now, 3DS (even though I think that a game like SSB would tax the buttons pretty hard).

In my case I already have a ps3 but want a ps4 (and I want a vita for persona 4).

Still, so many consoles to buy >_>. In the end, I probably won't get either in at least two years.

Holy crap, this kind of thing is annoying. I remember how seriously worn out the control sticks on our N64 controllers got because of how much my brothers and I played that thing. xP

I hope I won't end up doing the same to my 3DS or Wii U gamepad circlepads.

To be fair, Nintendo 64's analog sticks were of bad quality, way worse than the 3ds' buttons. I doubt they'd break as easily as the stick.

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Nintendo 64's analog sticks were of bad quality, way worse than the 3ds' buttons. I doubt they'd break as easily as the stick.

Ah, yeah, you're probably right about that. Nintendo would've certainly learned to make better quality stuff by now.

Plan to get both eventually because I'm pretty sure Competitive Smash 4 will be played on Wii U. Im going to get the 3DS version because I can and because I have a 3DS already and once I get a WiiU, Ill get it there asap too.

Both, i'll most likely play the Wii U version more as i'm usually at home (It's why I have 300 hours on MH3U Wii U and about 30 on 3DS), I'll definitely put a lot of time into both but not enough to match my time playing FE:A (the Time i've played that game is more than my time playing all the other games on my 3DS combined)

At first I was planning to just get the 3DS version until I had more than one reason to buy a Wii U, but as more stuff is shown I'm starting to want the Wii U version more. And I'm also worried about the 3DS buttons getting wiped out after a while. I don't have a Wii U and doubt I'll be able to get one this year so depending when the game comes out I might have to wait a while. :/

I will get the Wii U first. I know that version will be solid. 3DS will depends on the reviews. There's a few issues regarding controls for me, but it's more a minor thing. Probably in the end I'll get it.

At first I was planning to just get the 3DS version until I had more than one reason to buy a Wii U, but as more stuff is shown I'm starting to want the Wii U version more. And I'm also worried about the 3DS buttons getting wiped out after a while. I don't have a Wii U and doubt I'll be able to get one this year so depending when the game comes out I might have to wait a while. :/

not only that, I always feel handheld control pads are a bit fragile compared to the console's control sticks.

Getting both since my brother and I agreed that one of us would get the Wii U version and the other the 3DS version (since we share most of our 3DS carts and we share the Wii U).

Getting both since my brother and I agreed that one of us would get the Wii U version and the other the 3DS version (since we share most of our 3DS carts and we share the Wii U).

You're lucky, my brother doesn't play my games with me anymore. He's too into his stupid Xbox these days. He was the one that got me into Ike in Brawl too. We used to fight over him in the SSE. lol (it was later I looked up PoR and decided I just HAD to get it and play it)

Edited by Anacybele

Wii U version only for me. Even if I did own a 3DS, I'd be too paranoid with wearing down the buttons, D-Pad, and Analog circle to risk playing Smash Bros. on a handheld (especially given the nature of the game and how it wears down controllers faster than other games). At least with home consoles, you can simply replace the controller and not pay full price to replace the controller like you do with a handheld. Yeah, the Wii U Gamepad is quite expensive, but I plan on using the Gamepad for for Smash as little as possible and I plan to stick with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk method.

Wii U version. As much as I love my 3DS XL... I kinda prefer playing with my friends on a TV. Even if that means sharing with my sister. *shudders*

I'm not sure if I'll get the 3DS version though, I really want to use my Wii U for once. Also, I think I'd make way more mistakes using my 3DS than the Wii remote.

Ex: Okay Wolf, lets go! Use your deflector! Or suicide, that's cool too...

I know it's on page 2, but this thread already exists.

Y'know it's amazing how few people know how to use the "Search" function...

Pretty sure it would fall along the lines of 'necroposting.'

Nonetheless, simply letting someone know there was already a thread similar to the topic would be fine. No need to add that comment at the end.

Anyhow,

I believe I'll be getting it on the Wii U. Love my home consoles.

Although, as of late... My 3DS has been getting more love than my 360.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to get both versions eventually. I currently only have a 3DS, so I may get that version first.

^ This, basically.

Also can I just say what a brilliant marketing tactic it is to release the 3DS version first?

Edited by BANRYU

I'm going the get the Wii U version first, but I'm still undecided about the 3ds version.

I could get the 3ds version first, but local multiplayer is one of my biggest reasons for owning Smash and I would like to have everything feel new when I finally play the game.

I'm going the get the Wii U version first, but I'm still undecided about the 3ds version.

I could get the 3ds version first, but local multiplayer is one of my biggest reasons for owning Smash and I would like to have everything feel new when I finally play the game.

Have you heard the 3DS one is being released 2 seasons before.

I want both,but if I get the 3DS version,then by the time the WiiU version comes out I'll either, 1)Be too tired of the game to play it,or 2)Abandon the 3DS one,due to the Wii U version being superior to me. No.2's more likely though...

Edited by LoveTikiTiki

Let's also not forget about the fact that the 3DS version is... y'know, portable. That's a pretty big perk over the console version, I'd say, and I've always wanted a handheld SSB actually.