FE6 and FE7 remake that involves marriage

evilbeepskyrim

I agree in this case, but I reckon that they wouldn't want to change too much from awakening (due to those sales) and if reclassing, or classes with melee and magic were added, the second of which I like, then it would be necessary.

Such classes didn't exist in 6/7 or 8, so keeping them the same won't change too much. Having them be seperate is kind of pointless, especially in Tellius outside of Elincia and Mist. Actually, if Elincia and Mist focused solely on magic and didn't worry about their Str at all, they would be so much better... never mind, this is kind of off topic.

Such classes didn't exist in 6/7 or 8, so keeping them the same won't change too much. Having them be seperate is kind of pointless, especially in Tellius outside of Elincia and Mist. Actually, if Elincia and Mist focused solely on magic and didn't worry about their Str at all, they would be so much better... never mind, this is kind of off topic.

I know, but class changing wasn't in FE1, but it was in shadow dragon. My point was that they may add new classes, or class changes. Myrmidons weren't in FE1 either. I just think that they would change quite a bit of that side of the game.

I know, but class changing wasn't in FE1, but it was in shadow dragon. My point was that they may add new classes, or class changes. Myrmidons weren't in FE1 either. I just think that they would change quite a bit of that side of the game.

It was also nearly completely useless in SD... Then got stupidly broken in Awakening. It is probably best class changing is dropped, there is almost no point to it. It doesn't even make much sense from a logical standpoint.

I can see the new classes as a possibility, but from what I've seen, classes that focus on just Str or Mgc tend to be better than classes that don't. Mist has near nonexistant offense as a result, and the growth in one of those two stats is almost always higher than the other. The only exception I can think of are Dread Fighters in FE13, even then, they tend to have a little more Str than Mgc.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It was also nearly completely useless in SD... Then got stupidly broken in Awakening. It is probably best class changing is dropped, there is almost no point to it. It doesn't even make much sense from a logical standpoint.

I can see the new classes as a possibility, but from what I've seen, classes that focus on just Str or Mgc tend to be better than classes that don't. Mist has near nonexistant offense as a result, and the growth in one of those two stats is almost always higher than the other. The only exception I can think of are Dread Fighters in FE13, even then, they tend to have a little more Str than Mgc.

I agree about class changing, unless skills are involved (And there should be more limitations if so)

I was thinking if branching promotion paths were added, then some physical/magic users such as dark knight/war cleric could be added. Although, I'd prefer bishops to war clerics in general..

talk about playable customizable character am bad

NEW IDEA: You have a tactician that's playable, but he or she can't support, can't fight any, is forced every chapter, and you lose if he or she gets killed. Edited by Zak Stealer of Waifus

Class Change was extremely useful in SD , from stuff like reclassing Jeigan and Wendell into Dracoknight, not to mention Wolf and Sedgar would be near useless if Class Change did not exist

And theres Class Change into Archer is one of the most broken thing in the series, at least for dumb players like myself who is so tactically impotent that my answer for every dangerous situation is "reclass everyone to Archer and trivialize it".

If theres anything wrong about the system, its the fact that it gives too much freedom which means Base stats and BWP dictates everything AKA lack of "individuality". But individuality is bullshit, so suck it

Edited by JSND

I agree about class changing, unless skills are involved (And there should be more limitations if so)

I was thinking if branching promotion paths were added, then some physical/magic users such as dark knight/war cleric could be added. Although, I'd prefer bishops to war clerics in general..

Same here, but they could always go FE8 route:

HT7OluS.png

And add the FE8 classes.

NEW IDEA: You have a tactician that's playable, but he or she can't support, can't fight any, is forced every chapter, and you lose if he or she gets killed.

... I still think we'd be better off with a set character.

Class Change was extremely useful in SD , from stuff like reclassing Jeigan and Wendell into Dracoknight, not to mention Wolf and Sedgar would be near useless if Class Change did not exist

And theres Class Change into Archer is one of the most broken thing in the series, at least for dumb players like myself who is so tactically impotent that my answer for every dangerous situation is "reclass everyone to Archer and trivialize it".

If theres anything wrong about the system, its the fact that it gives too much freedom which means Base stats and BWP dictates everything AKA lack of "individuality". But individuality is bullshit, so suck it

That was one of my favorite things about FE before FE13. Even in FE13, I try to keep characters in a promotion of their original class in the end.

Also, if it was broken from the start, that is just another reason to drop it.

It was not even broken in FE11 and FE12. All it adds is option/variety for players who wanted them, and thats it. This actually goes in hand with the common notion that Fire Emblem is an interesting game because every playthrough is different, because the character develops in a different ways. Except, while every other game before FE11 and FE12(maybe aside from FE4 Gen 2) limits the player into a select pre-made characters, now they have more freedom in how they are developed.

Its arguably not even broken in FE13, not when most of the complaints are about people were going on how their character who is reclassed to every path is too broken, and then instead of doing the logical deduction that they are overlevelled, they decided that Second Seals are a much more convenient scapegoat.

it sounds like glaceon mage plays FE at the speed of an advancing glacier

?

It was not even broken in FE11 and FE12. All it adds is option/variety for players who wanted them, and thats it. This actually goes in hand with the common notion that Fire Emblem is an interesting game because every playthrough is different, because the character develops in a different ways. Except, while every other game before FE11 and FE12(maybe aside from FE4 Gen 2) limits the player into a select pre-made characters, now they have more freedom in how they are developed.

Its arguably not even broken in FE13, not when most of the complaints are about people were going on how their character who is reclassed to every path is too broken, and then instead of doing the logical deduction that they are overlevelled, they decided that Second Seals are a much more convenient scapegoat.

Being free to change classes results in everything that can going into the same (generally superior) class, like in your archer example. This wasn't the case in FE13, but a lot of its Gen 2 optimizing is maxing out the number of units who can be peg. knights/otherwise obtain Galeforce, make as many as possible Dark Flyers or maybe sorcerers and let them loose. Reclassing makes it less varied, and variety was one of my favorite things about past games.

Whatever. I don't want to argue, so I'll be off now.

Integrity have given me waring because I hadn't given reason why this is bad idea. So:

• Only few characters from FE6 are children of FE7's characters. IS would must add a lot of new characters.
  • We know how much IS is good in balancing. Another FE game, which didn't saw balance is coming.
  • Do this games even need reamke? FE7 is really good game. It isn't bad that it hasn't 3d graphic or other shit. However some reamake for FE6 would be nice.
  • More characters= more dull, or useless characters. Look at FE11, FE 12. I think that FE game don't need more than ~23 characters.
  • Tactican is bad concept. His personality must be dull and his stats must be op.

The Tactician in Awakening could have just as easily been the Lord class and had a set appearance and there wouldn't have been any difference functionally other than being able to marry child units. I've been replaying FE7 recently, and I like the way the tactician is handled there, where the tactician is literally you, the person holding the GameBoy and pressing the buttons, and the game occasionally breaks the fourth wall to address you about events happening in the game. That way the game doesn't have to accommodate a self-insert character that can do anything, but the player still feels engaged on a deeper level than if they were just watching the story play out. Granted, some may find that fourth-wall breaking intrusive, and I enjoy no tactician just as much, but if they do keep using the tactician in future FEs, I would prefer the FE7 style to the Awakening one.

• 1 month later...

The fuck is a Marcus?

Basically the Knight Commander of the Phearean Knights. He rocks purple hair and even in his old age, is STILL the Knight Commander. He basically has served 3 lords that's pretty incredible. Ok enough about Marcus, As much as I'd love to see FE6 and 7 to be remade I don't nesisarily think having everyone support with everyone is a good idea. Bartre/Karla is a thing as well as Pent/Louise although I like the idea of marriage and all, I don't think it should be in FE6/7. Also while having the Tactitian playable would be cool, part of the reason I liked him was because he was an enigma, he was like Link or Ness, you would project how you think that character would be. Again I really am all in favor of remakes but just add just a little extra and trim it up, make it look nice and neat for new fans y'know? Anyway those are my two cents.