'good sir' is actually really obnoxious, is that just me

Parrhesia

... No, it actually isn't. Explain how the elephant in the room is insecurity. The phrase indicates something 'everyone acknowledges but nobody wants to bring up' and I have no idea what that has to do with the topic at hand.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the insecurity that causes one to say 'good sir'. That is what irks us. When someone who is not insecure uses it, it doesn't bother us. Insecurity is what drives these people.

Edited by Makaze

I have always felt bothered by the term regardless of who uses it. It's just that most of the people who use it are neckbeards in hats with feather quills.

I see...

That was my speculation. It is obnoxious when used in a non-ironic way and the only people who do that are those who are too insecure to speak normally. If that doesn't help, got nothing else.

Edited by Makaze

'but my good madamoiselle it is a fedora, giving me the class that is what all the bitches and hoes love to see'

kill me.

If you did not hate me so much you might have appreciated some good work I did last week.

'but my good madamoiselle it is a fedora, giving me the class that is what all the bitches and hoes love to see'

kill me.

LOL!!!!

Do people really encounter this though? Like in real life? Cuz i thought this was like a big reddit joke or something.

LOL!!!!

Do people really encounter this though? Like in real life? Cuz i thought this was like a big reddit joke or something.

I've seen neckbeards with fedorae irl but am on good terms with None of them

But yeah the type is definitely out there

I shared a friendship group with a neckbeard but in that group everything was really twisted and everyone really hated at least one other guy and that neckbeard was that guy for me. This has lead to awkward situations like a group of four stumbling into one another and everyone's getting along great except two people who did not even acknowledge one another over the course of an hour and a half

I have many things to say about that prick who shall remain anonymous

a few of them are compliments because he's legit smarter/a better actor/a faster thinker than me, but the rest of his personality is an overwhelming tide of 'insufferable shitbrain'.

Aye, it is.

Ah, well.

LOL!!!!

Have you seen AnonymousSpeed?

You know being polite like that sounds dumb but I think I'd prefer that to people using internet terms/ memes IRL.

Really, I cringe every time I hear 'lol' IRL.

Edited by Bluedoom

You know being polite like that sounds dumb but I think I'd prefer that to people using internet terms/ memes IRL.

Really, I cringe every time I hear 'lol' IRL.

They're both awful and we shouldn't have to put up with either of them.