tea sort of makes me angry

Parrhesia

Sometimes it's hard not to feel superior when you're surrounded by people who act like slack-jawed morons.

I was scoffing at first, and then I realized that your post made me feel a full 10% more superior.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe people who drink tea do so because they like tea.

Hard to believe, I know.

It isn't hard to believe, actually, in fact I've been acknowledging consistently throughout the thread that many people simply enjoy tea, and should be allowed to do so

then why did you even make this topic

First, learn to read. Then, go back to the opening post. The act of ingesting tea is not offensive to me. The obsession with it some have is, and always has been, the subject of the thread.

First, learn to read. Then, go back to the opening post. The act of ingesting tea is not offensive to me. The obsession with it some have is, and always has been, the subject of the thread.

Uh, actually I have, and it can be summed up as "I have this asinine vendetta against tea because 10% of the people who drink it use it to feel superior and/or don't shut up about it".

See that's strange because it's not a 'vendetta' at all, just a negative reaction generally. Have you never learned the concept of drawing associations

Oh, and I've not actually stated the reasons why my reaction is generally negative. As I stated in the OP, it can be traced to actual experiences, but not ones I feel like telling you about. I wasn't going to anyway, but the whole 'I'm an arrogant, snobbish cunt and proud' thing you've got going on kind of solidified that in my mind, you know?

And the whole "I'm a snob" thing wasn't supposed to be taken seriously anyway.

Clearly we have had different life experiences. If you knew what I've had to deal with you'd understand.

That was quick.

Just to clear this up in my head: what you're saying is that pretension aggravates you, and in your experience the subject of tea drinking is a commonly used as a vector for (nationalist?) pretensions, right?

An intense dislike towards a person (or group) will spread to include a negative association with things that person/group is especially fond of.

Basically, people ruin things for others. In other breaking news, water is wet!

Just to clear this up in my head: what you're saying is that pretension aggravates you, and in your experience the subject of tea drinking is a commonly used as a vector for (nationalist?) pretensions, right?

Pretension aggravates me, often pretentious people believe tea is some kind of fountain of youth, and claim it is amazing and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. But mostly tea-as-fountain-of-youth is really annoying in its own right. I instinctively want to flinch whenever someone says it because of [experiences].

Black tea is not my cup of tea not my favourite.

Green tea, however is something entirely different. I could drink it all day. The kind you get in restaurants in Japan is especially good.

Also, I'm sorry for the terrible pun, I just had to xD

The more one uses them in close proximity, the more the words 'stupid', 'feral' and 'asswipe' seem easily perverted to synonyms for 'people I don't like'.

Edited by Makaze