what if serenes forest had an awards system?(now nominating for one award)

Junk

Awards  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely to be arrested for cyber bullying

• me
    • Guy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want you banned you elitist prick

showing off those tits like they're yours

get out of here

edit: that was to BLS (and I'm joking in case it wasn't obvious i'm sorry)

Edited by Raven

funny

we can't even have a visible post count because of "elitism"

an awards/badge system would look nice but i think the administrators are a bit lazy to implement it and/or may still be worried about elitism and such (which arguably did or did not exist back when post counts were visible)

however such a badge system would be intriguing, and i'd feel my own activity would increase were it to exist

right now i feel it's stale around here, and it needs something to make it fresh again

+1, have some rep

Edited by sifer

+1, have some rep

This isn't SPUF. No rep or stars here

(I was 300 post short of 5 stars there, though my rep was still middling at 330)

And I personally think it's better that way. People often use rep, count posts, etc. to completely disregard others opinions.

It also create a slight need to post, sometimes completely stupid things in order to get more posts and rep. From my experience, people got more rep from lulzy one line posts than from well thought out one. And it makes people more likely to post irrelevant crap just to get that post count higher.

I do agree about removing the post count or rep though. It encourages newbies to join, stifles elitism by an unknown amount, makes everyone seem equal and encourages discussions instead of witty one liners.

It also encourages useless spam:

Someone created an account named Prof. Oak and did 1 thread/post:

Thread name: Pyro, I've got a question for you

Post content: Are you a boy or a girl.

While I'll admit that I did chuckle, this guy never contributed anything else to the forum in terms of discussions related to the game and still wound up with 1900 rep points.

Edited by LuxSpes

It also create a slight need to post, sometimes completely stupid things in order to get more posts and rep. From my experience, people got more rep from lulzy one line posts than from well thought out one. And it makes people more likely to post irrelevant crap just to get that post count higher.

The one true flaw in rep systems.

Encourage people to post things others will like... And others only like one liners and sarcasm.

Edited by Makaze