an oft-forgotten fact amidst complaints of FE6's weapon hit

dondon151

short of marcus and seth in FE7 and FE8 earlygame, respectively, I don't think that i ever get 90+ hit rates in any fire emblem game.

You've played the DS games, haven't you? Then your post is false! Also, pretty sure Tellius (especially FE9 with Titania and FE10 in general) has a lot of 90-100% hitrates.

I fail to see how that's the case when swords clearly trump lances and axes. For [EFF]'s sake, most axes have less than 60 hit! What's more, most axers don't have the skill buffer to counteract the low hit rates their weapons have. Which means the Brave Axe, which'd otherwise have some use, is good for breaking walls and not much else.

There are situations where lances and axes are useful though. For instance, Marcus benefits from being able to use axes and lances against soldiers and such earlygame and he also gets decent Hammer hitrates against armors. Miledy is better with lance access than she would be locked to swords, because otherwise she couldn't counter Sacaen nomads easily.

It's different than FE7/8/9/10 where sword or bowlocked units would more or less universally be better off with a different weapon type.

You've played the DS games, haven't you? Then your post is false! Also, pretty sure Tellius (especially FE9 with Titania and FE10 in general) has a lot of 90-100% hitrates.

short of swords on axe users, the DS games feature even fewer 90+ hit rates because skl has a lower contribution to hit.

I think Miledy with a Javelin would have like sub 50 on nomads. Hardly reliable and probably not worth it.

it's not reliable, but it's definitely worth it...

There are situations where lances and axes are useful though. For instance, Marcus benefits from being able to use axes and lances against soldiers and such earlygame and he also gets decent Hammer hitrates against armors. Miledy is better with lance access than she would be locked to swords, because otherwise she couldn't counter Sacaen nomads easily.

It's different than FE7/8/9/10 where sword or bowlocked units would more or less universally be better off with a different weapon type.

The thing is, though, it's pretty telling that even with WTD, armorslayers are STILL better anti-armor measures than hammers are... And besides, it's the armors on gates and thrones that I'd be concerned with, not the normal-ass enemies that Lugh eats for breakfast - especially Leygance. What's more, in FE6, the situations where you'd actually be better off with axes as opposed to any other weapon type are about as scarce as hen's teeth. On top of that, the axe mainers tend to range from shaky (Lot, maybe Geese) to outright bad (Ward, Gonzales).

Edited by Levant Caprice

short of swords on axe users, the DS games feature even fewer 90+ hit rates because skl has a lower contribution to hit.

Speed has a lower contribution to evade as well in that game and enemies don't have luck though. Also there exists weapons with 100 hit rates such as the Iron, Silver Swords or Rapier. A good example is base level Marth, he has 106 hit with an iron sword, for Marth to even drop below 90 displayed hit without an enemy wielding a lance they'd need at least 17 speed.

Characters with high enough Lance(Jeigan,Hardin) or Axe(Minerva) rank are a similar case due to the bonus hit from weapon rank. While hit will be a bit lower in FE11 for more powerful weapons like Armour Slayers,Killer Weapons, etc. the difference in FE6 is that the weaker more common physical weapons and Silvers can have the similar or worse hit than some rarer ones.

Edited by arvilino

player units usually have more skl than enemy units have AS, so the DS hit formula reduces hit on average.

i think i have played FE11 enough times on 0% to know whether or not the hit rates are good. hint: they're not. you don't get too far using iron swords.

player units usually have more skl than enemy units have AS

0%

hm

Weapons also quite often have 10-15 hit on their GBA counterparts, and forging is an option. So if you want to see 90+ displayed accuracy, the DS games are the way to go.

The thing is, though, it's pretty telling that even with WTD, armorslayers are STILL better anti-armor measures than hammers are... And besides, it's the armors on gates and thrones that I'd be concerned with, not the normal-ass enemies that Lugh eats for breakfast - especially Leygance. What's more, in FE6, the situations where you'd actually be better off with axes as opposed to any other weapon type are about as scarce as hen's teeth. On top of that, the axe mainers tend to range from shaky (Lot, maybe Geese) to outright bad (Ward, Gonzales).

While I agree that 'maining' axes isn't great, I found it useful for Marcus, Percival, Echidna and such to use axes for weapon triangle advantage and/or damage.

And yeah Miledy's Javelin hit rates aren't awesome, but trying to kill bows with 1 range is even less awesome.

Edited by -Cynthia-

While I agree that 'maining' axes isn't great, I found it useful for Marcus, Percival, Echidna and such to use axes for weapon triangle advantage and/or damage.

And yeah Miledy's Javelin hit rates aren't awesome, but trying to kill bows with 1 range is even less awesome.

Still, I'd say that axe-locked units in FE6 would universally be better off with anything else. I mean, 65 hit on the MOST accurate axes (that aren't Armads)? Seriously?? Fuck that noise.

At the very least Gonzales is a master of Killing Things Dead when he does hit, and promotion helps him out a lot; a 10/1 Gonzales in chapter 15 has ~45 against the valks and mercs, ~60 against the snipers, ~70 against the archers and bandits and ~80 against the cavaliers and dragon knights. Not spectacular, but decent enough when you hit as hard as he does and have 30 innate crit on top on it.

Though axes are inaccurate, they make up for it with power: in the later games the balance is much more uneven because sword/bow hit is mostly irrelevant and 1-2 range is very reliable.

At the very least Gonzales is a master of Killing Things Dead when he does hit, and promotion helps him out a lot; a 10/1 Gonzales in chapter 15 has ~45 against the valks and mercs, ~60 against the snipers, ~70 against the archers and bandits and ~80 against the cavaliers and dragon knights. Not spectacular, but decent enough when you hit as hard as he does and have 30 innate crit on top on it.

Though axes are inaccurate, they make up for it with power: in the later games the balance is much more uneven because sword/bow hit is mostly irrelevant and 1-2 range is very reliable.

Except... He's axelocked in what's arguably the worst FE game to be axelocked in (and that's including Genealogy of the Holy War). Strike one. He competes with better units for Hero Crests. Strike two. He couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn. Strike three (in my book, though, it'd likely be strike one million). How hard you hit means jack shit when you're as inaccurate as Gonzales is - after all, low skill and axelock in FE6 is this thing we call "a match made in Hell". Also, it's not like supports help him much when most of them are various shades of mediocre to bad (Lilina's his only fast support, but she sucks, and Echidna is a 1+1. His affinity gives him no hit either).

Edited by Levant Caprice