Crimea declares independence from Begnion

Chiki

Please continue to call me an idiot for looking at the long-term effects, the ones anyone gives a shit about, rather than a technicality, a stepping stone, a necessary stage in between. Pillock.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a shitty comparison (and the way you phrased it still misleading), and you being pedantic doesn't change that.

[spoiler=Actually let's spend a bit more time on the title of this thread.]

Crimea was already independent from Begnion (and relatively recently). This is similar to Ukraine, from Russia.

Crimea was forging closer ties to the other geopolitical pole of Tellius, i.e. the Laguz states. Begnion was not happy about such a development.

This is more like Begnion invading Ludveck's portion of Crimea that happens to be filled with a significant number of Begnion sympathizers, convincing them to declare independence from Crimea, with the stated purpose of reabsorbing that into Begnion, and holding a vote after shutting down all access to non-Begnion-controlled news sources and with soldiers stationed at the polling stations.

ofc I'm framing this badly by even beginning to try to frame this in FE terms. It's still better than your pathetic attempt to continue a shitty joke.

EDIT: If it wasn't clear this is directed at Olwen, not the crafty ninja known as Parrhesia.

Edited by Euklyd

Please continue to call me an idiot for looking at the long-term effects, the ones anyone gives a shit about, rather than a technicality, a stepping stone, a necessary stage in between. Pillock.

Short term independence is enough just to make a joke. You explicity denied, in both the short and long term, that Crimea became independent.

They aren't declaring independence

Just admit you were embarrassed and we can call it a day. You can't be a police officer of morality if you can't even comprehend the situation in Crimea.

Lol at people here trying to supply counter arguments. This is a JOKE thread over something that is at least not obviously in bad taste (no one is hurt or dead). I'm not providing logically rigorous arguments. Grow up.

Edited by Chiki

Just admit you were embarrassed and we can call it a day. You can't be a police officer of morality if you can't even comprehend the situation in Crimea.

but i wasn't embarrassed, nor am I even claiming to be a 'police officer of morality', and judging by the fact that i understand what is going on (more than you, it seems!) I can in fact comprehend the situation, just because I regard the brief step of independence immediately before joining Russia as largely meaningless

This thread isn't immoral

it's just shit, unfunny and doesn't even work

Lol at people here trying to supply counter arguments. This is a JOKE thread over something that is at least not obviously in bad taste (no one is hurt or dead).

Yet.

Honestly, this is better than EVERY ARGUMENT I'VE HAD WITH PARRHESIA.

who brought all my ex-hostile acquaintances into a choir, and told them to siiiing

Yet.

Though there has been a bit of violence recently, like in the nature of a library being burned in East (non-Crimean) Ukraine, and people in the Tartar (muslim) ethnic group are supposedly being made uneasy by the whole thing. I can't quite call up hearing of any particular instance where somebody's been hurt yet, but it seems like things are delicate enough that saying so is seriously tempting fate.

but i wasn't embarrassed, nor am I even claiming to be a 'police officer of morality', and judging by the fact that i understand what is going on (more than you, it seems!) I can in fact comprehend the situation, just because I regard the brief step of independence immediately before joining Russia as largely meaningless

This thread isn't immoral

it's just shit, unfunny and doesn't even work

They aren't declaring independence.

It's too bad I have to repeat this again, but you were denying, both in the short and in the long term, that Crimea declared independence. Even if it's "meaningless" to you in the long term, it doesn't change the fact that they still did declare independence. "Oh well it's meaningless so it didn't happen" is a shitty argument to save face.

It's just your personal opinion that it is unfunny. A lot of people here, and outside the forum, do find it funny, as we can see. If you don't like the thread, then why don't you leave? Or are you just trying to get some cool points on the internet by acting morally outraged and knowledgeable?

We maybe should be happy that Crimea achieved independence. It seems like it's what they want--sure, the referendum isn't a very reliable measure of what they want since Putin is an authoritarian and all, but Crimea has a majority of Russian speakers. It might even be what they want, so why not be happy for them? No one got hurt, and it seems like the people of Crimea might even be happy. What's the harm in joking about it? None at all.

America just doesn't want Russia to be stronger because they want to have vast global influence, and they don't want to compete with Russia for that. This situation should not be as tense as the media portrays it. It's not a bad thing at all for a country to declare independence; and there's no evidence that Putin is forcing Crimea to join Russia.

Edited by Chiki

It's too bad I have to repeat this again, but you were denying, both in the short and in the long term, that Crimea declared independence. Even if it's "meaningless" to you in the long term, it doesn't change the fact that they still did declare independence. "Oh well it's meaningless so it didn't happen" is a shitty argument to save face.

It's just your personal opinion that it is unfunny. A lot of people here, and outside the forum, do find it funny, as we can see. If you don't like the thread, then why don't you leave? Or are you just trying to get some cool points on the internet by acting morally outraged and knowledgeable?

We maybe should be happy that Crimea achieved independence. It seems like it's what they want--sure, the referendum isn't a very reliable measure of what they want since Putin is an authoritarian and all, but Crimea has a majority of Russian speakers. It might even be what they want, so why not be happy for them? No one got hurt, and it seems like the people of Crimea might even be happy. What's the harm in joking about it? None at all.

America just doesn't want Russia to be stronger because they want to have vast global influence, and they don't want to compete with Russia for that. This situation should not be as tense as the media portrays it. It's not a bad thing at all for a country to declare independence; and there's no evidence that Putin is forcing Crimea to join Russia.

Imagine some area in the south of the US where mexicans are the majority decides to join mexico. Would you like that? Do you think that would be right? Just because russians are the majority in crimea, they don't have the right to join russia, especially after a referendum with obviously manipulated results.

Imagine some area in the south of the US where mexicans are the majority decides to join mexico. Would you like that? Do you think that would be right? Just because russians are the majority in crimea, they don't have the right to join russia, especially after a referendum with obviously manipulated results.

I think it depends on a lot of factors. How long the Mexicans or Russians have lived in the US or Crimea respectively; how much the US or Ukraine made them suffer; if the Russians immigrated to Crimea or if they lived there for a very long time.

But the most important part of this comparison is that Crimea was already an autonomous part of Ukraine. All Ukraine had the power to do was veto some decisions Crimea's parliament made. Crimea really just ran itself, so what gives Ukraine the right to not let Crimea out? It's really hard to defend the view that Crimea didn't have the right to leave Ukraine in light of this fact.

If someone does get hurt as a result of Crimean tensions, then ok, I'll admit this joke is no longer appropriate. But might as well enjoy a Fire Emblem reference while one can.

Edited by Chiki

oi piss off i was morally outraged pages before that bastard was

then let me amend my statement; 'crimea is not declaring independence in any way shape or form that has any significance beyond immediately joining russia'

let's never jump to fucking obvious conclusions, let's never imply anything, everything has got to be spelt out from start to finish just in case noted far from the forest poster 'Chiki' doesn't understand cause and effect

In relation to the topic title it is certainly not declaring independence from Begnion/Ukraine since Anime Crimea remained I believe a puppet state of Begnion's, but was independent. In this analogy Crimea declares independence as a necessary technicality before joining Russia. Having been invaded and occupied by Russia.

In relation to the topic title it is certainly not declaring independence from Begnion/Ukraine since Anime Crimea remained I believe a puppet state of Begnion's, but was independent. In this analogy Crimea declares independence as a necessary technicality before joining Russia. Having been invaded and occupied by Russia.

Ya in 3-9 it seems like the senators at least consider Crimea to be under the Begnion Empire, and even though Elincia is outraged by the violence w/in Crimea she never offers any arguments against that aspect of Valtome's expectations.

Best part is Turkey should actually own Crimea now. The referendum passing means the treaty signed by Catherine the Great and the Ottoman Empire cedes control back to Turkey.

lol.