The PS4 already sold more units than the Wii U

Nobody

Honestly it has quite a few games coming around that is making me want to purchase it.

Hyrule Warriors, Smash, Bayonetta 2, Sonic Boom. Smt x Fe

Only thing I really want on the Ps4 in comparison is like.. Kh3

And I want to get Sonic Lost World, Mario 3D World and Wonderful 101.

Edited by Jedisupersorry

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet that most people who will buy the new Smash will have already bought the Wii U.

Personally the Wii U is nevertheless the console that I am the most interested in. From my perspective the Wii U has at least the best exclusives. Of course it misses out on the stuff that everyone else gets. That is bad. Really bad. But at least it has a niche.

It's the Xbox1v2 that I feel is kinda redundant.

Pretty much everything it has will be ported to PC and/or PS4. But it will miss out on a lot of games from Japanese developers.

Plus, I would have loved seeing Microsoft's disrespect for their customers blow up in their faces. Too bad that didn't happen.

I am kinda surprised to hear that the PS4 has apparently only outsold the Wii U now. I thought it pulled that off before it even hit the shelves.

Edited by BrightBow

I would bet that most people who will buy the new Smash will have already bought the Wii U.

Personally the Wii U is nevertheless the console that I am the most interested in. From my perspective the Wii U has at least the best exclusives. Of course it misses out on the stuff that everyone else gets. That is bad. Really bad. But at least it has a niche.

It's the Xbox1v2 that I feel is kinda redundant.

Pretty much everything it has will be ported to PC and/or PS4. But it will miss out on a lot of games from Japanese developers.

Plus, I would have loved seeing Microsoft's disrespect for their customers blow up in their faces. Too bad that didn't happen.

I am kinda surprised to hear that the PS4 has apparently only outsold the Wii U now. I thought it pulled that off before it even hit the shelves.

I don't have a Wii U yet simply because Job Corps pay blows.

I have to get both versions anyways to play with all the people I want to play with >.>

SMT x FE, Pikmin 3, and Smash.

Only reasons for me to get a Wii U.

Because my loyalties do not lie anywhere, I got a PS3 because region free gaming. Those Japanese games I like were all on the PS3.

And if the PS4 does the same... well that's really the end of it.

Otherwise, I really have nothing to contribute here.

As dire as the system's situation is, personally it is the most appealing console to me right now. It just needs a few more games and I'll most likely purchase one. As others have mentioned, a PC can do most things the PS4/XBO can do, and there are rumors FFXV and KHIII may show up on PC due to a recent comment from Square-Enix about PC support, which would get rid of pretty much the only reason I would buy a PS4. Vita and Wii U are the most appealing platforms to me right now that I don't own, which I find kind of amusing since they're the two current systems that are doing the worst right now. As much as I talk about how I don't see Nintendo's situation improving, I can say that I do have some interest in the system. I'm just waiting for there to be a sizable enough library to push me over the edge, and I'm sure there are many others doing the same.

Edited by dreamcrash

Edit: Also holy shit Anacybelle craziest Nintendo fangirl 2014

You have a problem with someone who's been loyal to Nintendo since she was a little kid?

Anyway, I still think the Wii U can step up. And Nintendo can step back up. As people have said, more marketing is needed and Nintendo needs to pump out the big guns, like Smash Bros., Zelda, etc. It could also use a Galaxy-esque Mario title.

Edited by Anacybele

The only reason he's saying that is that you're naively optimistic about things you like.

Such as Nintendo.

Iwata even cut his own salary because of the Wii U's current "failure" in sales.

If you're going to pay attention to only a few posts in this thread, at least read Tangerine's reply to you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know about Iwata having cut his salary. I'm not stupid. And I can't believe you people are bashing me for simply trying to be positive about the damn situation. You're fucking terrible.

I know about Iwata having cut his salary. I'm not stupid. And I can't believe you people are bashing me for simply trying to be positive about the damn situation. You're fucking terrible.

I love how I get attacked here when I'm just trying to explain Isaac's point of view.

One title alone isn't going to save it. It needs more than just Hyrule Warriors, though it can still contribute.

I love how I get attacked here when I'm just trying to explain Isaac's point of view.

YOU'RE getting attacked? I'm the one being made fun of here for not giving up on Nintendo.

YOU'RE getting attacked? I'm the one being made fun of here for not giving up on Nintendo.

...and you decide to take it out on me when I'm simply and calmly explaining why you are "being made fun of"?

Seriously, read Ms. Citrus Fruit Admin (Tangerine's) reply. Calmly.

Because at this rate, it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, no one is going to take you seriously.

Edited by shadowofchaos

One title alone isn't going to save it. It needs more than just Hyrule Warriors, though it can still contribute.

Hyrule Warriors is this generation's Ocarina of Time Super Mario Bros Insert Good Selling Game Here

I think it's less "not giving up on Nintendo" and more "blindly backing Nintendo to the significant detriment of your posts"

Edited by Constable Reggie

The only WiiU games, which interest me, are Pikmin 3 and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. The rest I don´t care. I can play Smash Bros. Universe on my 3DS. There are so few JRPGS for the WiiU like for the Wii. I bought a PS3 yesterday to play Tales of Smyphonia Chronicles, Tales of Xillia and Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII. The PS4 is still too expensive for me at this moment.

That's incredible rude of you.

You ignore people's posts, call them rude and then is even ruder. Seriously, if you to enter in a discussion, at least behave like a grown women, not like a bitter 8 year old kid.

You're not being attacked for not giving up on nintendo. No one here is giving up on nintendo. People are criticizing your attitude of pretending everything is ok and ignoring everyone else's points. Most people here love nintendo and want them to succeed, but this topic is a discussion about wii u's current situation. If you don't want to talk about that, there's no need to post here.

Edited by Nobody

That's incredible rude of you.

You ignore people's posts, call them rude and then is even ruder. Seriously, if you to enter in a discussion, at least behave like a grown women, not like a bitter 8 year old

See, I'm being bashed again. For no good reason.

You're not being attacked for not giving up on nintendo. No one here is giving up on nintendo. People are criticizing your attitude of pretending everything is ok. Most people here love nintendo and want them to succeed, but this topic is a discussion about wii u's current situation. If you don't want to talk about that, there's no need to post here.

Did I ever SAY everything is okay? I know full well that the Wii U is failing in sales right now and that Nintendo dug themselves a hole. All I've been trying to say is that I believe they can get out of it. That's no reason to go calling me names and basically telling me to shut up.

Hyrule Warriors is this generation's Ocarina of Time Super Mario Bros Insert Good Selling Game Here

Well, if that happens to be the case, great.

Don't let it get to you. If there's one thing I've noticed after being here for a couple weeks, it's that when some people here disagree, they tend to not-so-respectfully disagree. I'm sorry if I offended you with my posts, I was trying to be as respectful as possible.

See, I'm being bashed again. For no good reason.

Not even Hitler had to go through this kind of harassment.

Well, if that happens to be the case, great.

I'm more than willing to bet that Hyrule Warriors will greatly polish up Zelda's tarnished name, and as a result, sell millions of Wii Us.

I'm more than willing to bet that Hyrule Warriors will greatly polish up Zelda's tarnished name, and as a result, sell millions of Wii Us.

While I am a fan of the Dynasty Warriors etc series, do you think it really will have that much pull? I mean Zelda, sure sure, but are people really going to be that interested in the gameplay, especially over in the west?

Edited by Tryhard

Probably not in the States, but considering how popular the series is in Japan, I'd wager it'd help move a bit more than a few consoles.

And if it turns out to actually be good, I know what console I'm getting this gen.

Edited by Constable Reggie

The past few pages aside, I honestly think that E3 this year is Nintendo's last chance at a possible, small-scale Wii U growth. I'm not talking about, turning the console into a success, or even garnering a net gain. I'm strictly talking damage control and minimizing their net loss.

They need to SHOW actual progress being made. That's been one of Nintendo's shortcoming with the Wii U and its software: they marketed it terribly.

EDIT: With a launch title library of mostly ports, it's no wonder why it wasn't deemed a necessary addition to the gaming household.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

Don't let it get to you. If there's one thing I've noticed after being here for a couple weeks, it's that when some people here disagree, they tend to not-so-respectfully disagree. I'm sorry if I offended you with my posts, I was trying to be as respectful as possible.

No, you were fine. I was referring to others when I said I was being bashed. My bad, sorry. >_<

Probably not in the States, but considering how popular the series is in Japan, I'd wager it'd help move a bit more than a few consoles.

And if it turns out to actually be good, I know what console I'm getting this gen.

I honestly don't see myself getting a Wii U... at least not anytime soon.

The draw there is Smash, obviously... and Pikmin 3...

But those reasons aren't simly enough. And SMT x FE? I think I'll hold myself back from buying it until after release date and reviews from people here come out as well.

Zelda Musou looks fun, but it isn't *THAT* high on my list, even though Dynasty Warriors gameplay is fun, the few times I got to try it when someone brought that kind of a game into the game room for people to try.

...that is if I'm not gone from the internet for 2 years due to certain reasons, but that's still up in the air.

No, you were fine. I was referring to others when I said I was being bashed. My bad, sorry. >_<

It's all good! I know where you're coming from with your perspective, I used to be a die-hard Nintendo fan and would only play on Nintendo platforms. The first time I played a PS2 I felt like I was betraying Nintendo. So I know what it's like to be loyal to a company and want to see them succeed!