Close Call Moments?

kingddd

We all had those moments where the outcome doesn't look good but the ending results were positive. Which one was yours?

For example my close call moments:

FE8, I accidentally put Lute right in front of a knight with a javelin. She had 2 hp because I was being stupid. The knight comes in with a 83% hit rate ready to kill her and she dodges it. I was was breathing a sigh of relief consider I was almost finishing that chapter.

FE9, accidentally let Boyd in front of a bunch of sword users wasn't thinking clearly at the time. He survived with 1 hp.

FE13, Enemy assassin has 100% hit ready to hit Cordelia, it activated Lethality and I was look oh no, no no, no, no, no, noooooooo. Lon'qu comes in and dual guards it.

What were your close call moments that you remember?

Edited by kingddd

I remember that one forest chapter in Eliwood's story in FE7, I was using Lucius a bunch because he friggin rocks, plus there are a lot of dark mages in this part of the game that he can squash (like the battle on the pirate ship). And he survived with 1 HP in the end.

Also, in PoR, Ike frequently shows that he knows how much I love him, but this one time during the chapter where the gang defends Gebal Castle I'll never forget. Ike had like three HP left and I stupidly left him in range of a heavy knight (who has lances, for reference). Ike went and dodged the blow and proceeded to critical the guy. We like Ike. :wub:

Oh yeah, and when I was doing Lost Bloodines 2 in Awakening, I had Frederick paired up with his wife Kelli (of course!). Her trashy defenses left her with like two HP, but Freddy proceeded to repeatedly save her, thus letting me win the map. Yay Dual Guard+ and love. :3

Edited by Anacybele

In my first playthrough of FE3 Book 1, I was trying to take out the huge reinforcement waves in Chapter 15 by zapping them with Linde and Marich. Linde, who usually wasn't capable of ORKOing the archers she was fighting, got a critical when I didn't expect her to, which left her open to an attack while she had 3 HP. Each of the 6 archers attack her, and she critted every last one of them... AND she got 2 levels with Str. and Speed to boot.

I've also seen Ayra kill the final combatant in the Chapter 4 arena by activating Astra 4 times. Don't know if that counts; seems like perfectly normal Ayra behavior, to be honest.

Joshua survived many, many turns speed tanking shamans with no weapon. I think this was on the chapter you fight Vigarde in Sacred Stones. Around 40 hit each, survived 5 turns before I saved him.

I've had too many of these to count, but my latest was in FE:A. I was almost finished with a map and Chrom's health was dangerously low. Somehow I'd overlooked an archer on the battlefield, so of course it had to target him, and with a high hit rate to boot. Right as it fired, Sumia, who was paired Chrom, jumped out to save him despite not even having a C rank support level with him.

Only thing that stands out in my mind recently for a close call was in Paralogue 22. I forgot one of the Mirages was Assassin Yen'fay with Lethality. He targeted one of my characters, and Lethality procced. Luckily, Dual Guard also kicked in. On Yen'fay's second attack, Lethality procced again, and Dual Guard went up a second time.