About lords...

PKL

Take a look at the teaser for SMTxFE, which shows all the lords, except for 3 that stand out: Lilina Elincia and Caeda. Does IS consider them lords? What about you, do you consider them lords? I personally considered Elincia and Caeda lords for the longest time but I never considered Lilina one...

In terms of the lore, they're all lords; they have royal blood in some form. In terms of gameplay, they certainly aren't, which is certainly strange.

(I'd actually consider Lilina more of a Lord than Caeda; Lilina is the princess of Ostia, which is a very significant place in FE6, while Caeda is princess of Talys, which serves as the first map of FE1/3/11/12 and is never refenced again. Maybe she can't die in FE11? I wouldn't know, I haven't played the DS FEs.)

In terms of the lore, they're all lords; they have royal blood in some form. In terms of gameplay, they certainly aren't, which is certainly strange.

(I'd actually consider Lilina more of a Lord than Caeda; Lilina is the princess of Ostia, which is a very significant place in FE6, while Caeda is princess of Talys, which serves as the first map of FE1/3/11/12 and is never refenced again. Maybe she can't die in FE11? I wouldn't know, I haven't played the DS FEs.)

She can die.

Elincia is the closest of the three to being a lord, and Lilina is second, she was actually in more FE13 DLC maps than an ACTUAL LORD (Hector, who ironically is also her dad) Appearing in 2 CoY, all SB, and 2 RaR (Hector was in 2 SB... and that's it.). Ceada is farthest from lordness, IMO. Not enough screentime.

Caeda can die in all her appearances. She's a key recruiter for Marth, especially in FE1/11, but she can die and Talys never comes up again in the plot.

But Sigurd, Seliph and Leif are missing from the trailer. So it definitely isn't about 'Lords'.

So are Alm and Celica.

Thing is those five have the least western exposure of the lords. Roy and Lilina had SSBM (for Roy only) and a cameo at the end of FE7 that allows westerners to recognize them a little better.

It's also worth noting that Jugdral was nearly completely ignored in Brawl beyond a Marth palette swap that looks vaguely similar to Leif and a palette swap of Ike that kind of looks like Sigurd, and all Gaiden got was a song. I'm guessing lack of exposure for these games was the general reason.

Literally all the general west has to go by for FE2-5 is Awakening. FE6 has a prequel over here, that was designed with riding off its story in mind, FE11 was a pretty straight up remake.

It's pretty clear this will be released in the West since the ESRB was in the trailer.

Elincia felt like a lord in FE9, considering it's GG if she dies.

Lilina and Caeda are very similar characters (main wife of the lord, recruit a bunch of characters). I feel like Caeda is more of a lord than Lilina due to having just as much playtime as the main lord, as well as a Rapier clone PRF.

The three count as important people to the main lords. Elincia actually works as a lord for a brief time. But as was said before, they all have royal blood in that trailer apart from Ike and Sothe

She can die.

Elincia is the closest of the three to being a lord, and Lilina is second, she was actually in more FE13 DLC maps than an ACTUAL LORD (Hector, who ironically is also her dad) Appearing in 2 CoY, all SB, and 2 RaR (Hector was in 2 SB... and that's it.). Ceada is farthest from lordness, IMO. Not enough screentime.

Caeda joins in Chapter 1 in FE11 and recruits like 5 characters. Her death changes the ending even. She's also present in since Prologue 4 in the Prologue of FE12 and then rejoins fairly early (Chapter 4 technically 5) in the maingame. So I'd say she has a lot of screentime :P

Edited by PKL

I can't imagine Ike getting along with many of them at first, considering his opinion of royals and nobles. lol

But Elincia, Lilina, and Caeda were probably included because one, there aren't as many true female lords in the series as male and two, they all develop close relationships with the male lords in their games. Ike, Roy, and Marth respectively. Interestingly enough, these are also the three FE Smash Bros. guys.

I personally feel they'll make Roy more passionate and fiery (my head canon and smashes) to make him not as Marth like while they aren't too samey they can be

Still hope we see Fe2's lords. Considering Alm fought a monster that would be right at home in Smt, as well as fe4's/5's considering the sect they had to deal with etc.

Plus it would be just cool to see them all