QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

The border to Canada

Amish country, Pennsylvania

The most location-specific fun I've ever had in the U.S. was in.. okay, I've only ever actually been to Chicago, DC, and New York and Boston. And Baltimore. I don't know why I mentioned Baltim-ohh yeah, the aquarium and Otakon

I have no idea how to answer this question, on reflection! I don't even know what the best place on the east coast is really

Edited by Rehab

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know the best place in my country...

I love the country side, with peaceful farms full of small forests. I'd say the country side of central Brazil, the cerrado with all its hills, open fields with crooked trees mixed with dense gallery forests, could be my favorite part of the country. I really miss camping in that scenario...

If I had to choose a city, I guess I'd go with Florianopolis. I've never been there, but it's a beautiful island full of beaches, good weather, and as far as brazilians cities go, it's not that violent nor has much poverty.

i've been to florianopolis! awesome place. great friendly people, beautiful diving spots, cool beaches. used to spend the summer there when i was a kid. i've heard the very north of brazil is really beautiful too (i.e. the caribbean) but i've never been there.

re: argentina... i don't know. there's a lot of shit in argentina. there's jungle, desert, mountains, countryside, all kindsa shit. i guess it depends on what you like. the beaches here aren't very good though. they're okay, i guess.

i've been to florianopolis! awesome place. great friendly people, beautiful diving spots, cool beaches. used to spend the summer there when i was a kid. i've heard the very north of brazil is really beautiful too (i.e. the caribbean) but i've never been there.

re: argentina... i don't know. there's a lot of shit in argentina. there's jungle, desert, mountains, countryside, all kindsa shit. i guess it depends on what you like. the beaches here aren't very good though. they're okay, i guess.

Yeah, the north of the country has many beautiful places, but I don't think brazilian coast reachs the caribbean. I think you might have heard about the northeast, that have beautiful beaches, arguably the best ones in the country.

Edited by Nobody

Eh, I don't know about the best, but where I live in California is pretty nice. Being so close to the ocean means the climate is pretty moderate on the whole, and there are some very lovely parks and beaches and other places. The cost of living is pretty high, though (not sure how we're supposed to weigh things like that) and the people can be pretty dumb and rather pretentiously vegetarian or whatever sometimes.

Edited by BANRYU

Portland has the best food of all the places I've been, Miami has the best feeling rain, Baltimore has the most fun secret spots to hang out, Seattle has a great market (Pike Place, awe yeah), DC has a buncha cool things to look at.

I dunno, really, lotsa cool places in this country.

Question 257. What is the worst place in your country?

Leichhardt in Inner-West Sydney is the best, but I can't stand central Sydney. Too much bloody congestion.

Edited by Parrhesia

Best place? *dunno sound* Probably the West coast cuz yes. (San Francisco is fucking awesome.)

I havent been away from the west coast so ehhh. Im sure theres some pretty spots in that flyover country.

Worst?

Detroit sounds terrible. Los Angeles is terrible. Ive heard some gnarly things about parts of Texas~~

I pick Flint, Michigan for being the most dangerous city (if not, one of the most) in the US and has nothing going for it (unlike Detroit).

Honorable mention goes to numerous places in the Bible Belt, and other numerous crime-ridden desolate places.

inb4Washington DC

Best place is San Francisco Bay Area, worst is....actually probably DC, due to an extremely high concentration of asshats.

I'm sure there's something that I might actually have personal experience with but I cba to think of it.

EDIT: All that's coming to mind is me being kinda uncomfortable in Texas, but I think that's more due to my relatives and the people they hang out with.

:shrug:

Edited by Euklyd

I'd argue that where I live is worst

nothing to do, everything costs way more, it's always fucking cold, everyone has a jacked-up truck like a douchebag, etc

Question 257. What is the worst place in your country?

Leichhardt in Inner-West Sydney is the best, but I can't stand central Sydney. Too much bloody congestion.

Bankstown is the best you mean

I'm just gonna assume anywhere in the Northen Territory is the worst

Edited by Alb

I'd say Tehran, but there are a lot of actually unfortunate places in the country, like some parts of Sistan and Baluchestan. Home of the terrorists, few conveniences (because no one cares), etc. etc.

Edited by Nightmare

The Name of the Wind would be great. But they would screw it up...

I feel like this is answering a much older question, and that this does not in fact refer to the worst place in your country.

Because The Name of the Wind is not the worst at anything.

I'd argue that where I live is worst

nothing to do, everything costs way more, it's always fucking cold, everyone has a jacked-up truck like a douchebag, etc

Flan, i had no idea you lived in my town, wtf.

:V What im liking about my area is that the general population is seeing a serious opinion shift. Being a douchebag redneck with a big truck isnt exactly....desirable these days. Plus the population realizes the town is too small to support the population. Seriously. My town is in transition to becoming a very nice, massive Yuppie Hole.

I feel like this is answering a much older question, and that this does not in fact refer to the worst place in your country.

Because The Name of the Wind is not the worst at anything.

You are correct.

I do not have any particular least favourite place here.