QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to be really devoted to the lifestyle in order to be vegan, like request vegan meals and vegan substitutes in restaurants and shit

One of my friends is vegetarian just because she doesn't want to eat animals that feel pain, so that's a thing too.

I definitely don't want to, but if for some reason I felt the need to be vegetarian then I certainly could accomplish that

Vegetarian I thiiink I could switch to if I found just a couple more staple foods, I already have noodles for dinner at least as often as I do meat, and way more often for lunch. Couldn't say economically, though.

Vegan: that's the dream, I guess

(dream on)

(dream until ya dream commmmme tru)

ATM I think I'd just flat-out make an exception for gatherings where I was offered things even if I switched to either of them, though. If the hosts already bought and prepared the food, it's not like I can undo the fact that somebody got paid for them, so refusing the food would just be a waste (and I already make people do that enough by being a picky eater). Not like I don't enjoy the food itself.

(And I too don't feel comfortable asking somebody else to change their preparation of a meal which is, to me, free, especially in a group where they have to account for a lot of mouths)

I am a lover of animals~

I guess I'm a horrible one if I have trouble not eating them ;u;

wow freohr such a meanie

i do feel a sort of remorse from eating meat, even if most people don't even think about it (I'm not really that much into animals)

but it tastes good

;_;

Edited by Tryhard

wow freohr such a meanie

i do feel a sort of remorse from eating meat, even if most people don't even think about it (I'm not really that much into animals)

but it tastes good

;_;

Meanestest

Yeah I knooooooooooow ;A;

Think I can live sustained entirely on raspberries only because raspberries are 100000000000x better than anything I've ever eaten

I could, if I really tried hard enough and set up a plan. I wouldn't, however, I like my meat and my protein.

I get vegetarians. And I appreciate what they're doing. If pressed, I could probably live without meat at home. But I wouldn't want the inconvenience of having to be planned around (or, you know, be ignored/forgotten entirely) when meal preparation is not in my hands.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. You chose not to ask about veganism because it would be harder to do?

I personally don't understand vegetarians. If you are doing it for the diet, well, can't really argue, but don't see why you would avoid meat; it has health benefits. If you are doing it for the principle, you are half-assing it.

Veganism or nothing for me.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. You chose not to ask about veganism because it would be harder to do?

I personally don't understand vegetarians. If you are doing it for the diet, well, can't really argue, but don't see why you would avoid meat; it has health benefits. If you are doing it for the principle, you are half-assing it.

I mean, not worth wasting your time on a hard mode when there's a mode EVEN HARDER than that.

Despite the fact that you're agreeing with me on the surface, this is an utterly ridiculous statement to make. So games life should just have two modes: My Little Pony and Super Meat Boy? do nothing or 100% commitment

Edited by Integrity

I mean, not worth wasting your time on a hard mode when there's a mode EVEN HARDER than that.

Despite the fact that you're agreeing with me on the surface, this is an utterly ridiculous statement to make. So games life should just have two modes: My Little Pony and Super Meat Boy? do nothing or 100% commitment

Nah. Life should only have one mode. 100% commitment. Anything less is not living. (I know that is an exaggeration but I believe living life to the fullest is the best way to do things.)

If I can afford to go vegetarian, I can afford to go vegan. I can't afford either. If you could convince me that vegetarianism is significantly cheaper, I will do it until veganism becomes viable.

It's a principle thing.

Edited by Makaze

tbh i'm mostly taking offense to this

If you are doing it for the principle, you are half-assing it.

because it's factually wrong. some people who are vegetarians have issues with for example that thing somebody said about killing and eating cute baby dead aminals but don't have an issue with say if they had a cow and it lived a happy life and they milked it for milk and drank that milk.

they may be half-assing your version of the principle but they sure aren't half-assing theirs

EDIT: plus as far as health goes some people (fsr my dad had this for about twenty years until my mom figured out how to prepare it exactly right) can have issues digesting red meats so vegeterianism is plenty attractive to them from a health standpoint if not ethical

EDIT2: me, as a christian, i feel pretty much entitled to eat anything i want tho

Edited by Integrity

because it's factually wrong. some people who are vegetarians have issues with for example that thing somebody said about killing and eating cute baby dead aminals but don't have an issue with say if they had a cow and it lived a happy life and they milked it for milk and drank that milk.

they may be half-assing your version of the principle but they sure aren't half-assing theirs

exactly this stop siphoning ideas from my head

It was systematically impregnated against its will so that it would be pregnant its entire life. It was kept in a space it could barely move in with practically no exercise. Its children were taken away from it at birth and intentionally malnourished until they were killed to create the tender meat we call veal. The females were doomed to the same fate as their mothers.

I'd rather the animals be killed straight out.

Edited by Makaze