QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

are you a robot? you know, like beep boop

Do robots play Poker?

how can I be a hero without being a zero sum first?

Ironically, classical definitions of the hero rely on the heroic journey more than anything. You could return a zero and a hero~.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention I'm pretty sure each step taken can create numerous consequences rather than just two, I wonder, do all of those consequences always balance out?[/color]

I think so. For everyone who gets what they want, someone else will be denied it. I suppose it's possible that people want different things and they don't have to contradict... But that's not very likely.

I still feel as if you're forgetting that quantity is not the only way humans can judge stuff... (which is probably why you get called a robot, though I'm not entirely sure what everybody's reasons are for saying that they could all have different reasons for all I know)

I think so. For everyone who gets what they want, someone else will be denied it. I suppose it's possible that people want different things and they don't have to contradict... But that's not very likely.

what people want is not always x or y object, objects can be created, citing scarcity as back-up is kind of dumb in this case considering there are not many things scarce enough for it to matter (especially in the context of people and what they want), and being overly technical is also pretty stupid considering people are not very simple at all

Of course. That is just my personal view of the world. I didn't mean to throw an 'every other perspective is wrong' into the mix.

you should've said that you see life as a zero-sum game. it looked like you were making a bunch of very bold statements.

edit: though i guess the question kind of implies it. sorry for jumping on your case.

Edited by fuccboi

I don't actually know how to play poker

you should've said that you see life as a zero-sum game. it looked like you were making a bunch of very bold statements.

I mean the question was to describe your life. I would assume he/she was describing his life and the way he/she views it. I think we can all just assume that its his/her opinion because tacking on the imo every time seems silly. Shouldn't it just be assumed?

Edited by Fluorspar

what people want is not always x or y object, objects can be created, citing scarcity as back-up is kind of dumb in this case considering there are not many things scarce enough for it to matter (especially in the context of people and what they want), and being overly technical is also pretty stupid considering people are not very simple at all

I tried to be vague and metaphorical but you didn't like that either.

and yes, they do

Well damn.

The question is about "your life". I thought it would be obvious.

Edited by Makaze

I don't actually know how to play poker

Poker is a game of betting. You don't have to play with money. I use just chips. Without betting it's just plain luck of the draw.

Edited by Makaze

i do what i want dad

how rebellious

you won't get anywhere in life with that attitude!

you'll only become miserable

like your dad ;__;

okay, i don't know if this will make any sense

there's a blank piece of paper with a straight line drawn on it. a perfect straight line. i try to draw the exact same straight line but it never turns out like the original. this upsets me because i want to copy the same thing. but what i don't realise is that it's just a line drawn on a blank piece of paper. the paper is the important part, not the line.

Edited by Aizenberg

how rebellious

you won't get anywhere in life with that attitude!

you'll only become miserable

like your dad ;__;

Wow esme dropping spoilers with no tags.

okay, i don't know if this will make any sense

there's a blank piece of paper with a straight line drawn on it. a perfect straight line. i try to draw the exact same straight line but it never turns out like the original. this upsets me because i want to copy the same thing. but what i don't realise is that it's just a line drawn on a blank piece of paper. the paper is the important part, not the line.

Is it toilet paper? It's toilet paper isn't it.

Edited by SeverIan

Is it toilet paper? It's toilet paper isn't it.

lol no. it's just a normal piece of paper. basically the paper represents life, and the line drawn on the paper is a way of life. i sound so pretentious

i think it's impossible to give a proper answer to this question and not sound pretentious. i won't hold it against you, particularly since the question you just requested is next, and will be the one to end this nightmare.

i think it's impossible to give a proper answer to this question and not sound pretentious. i won't hold it against you, particularly since the question you just requested is next, and will be the one to end this nightmare.

Man's Nightmarre will never die!