QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

The Way by Ariana Grande not a fan of Mac Miller on it though.

Hummingbird Heartbeat by Katy Perry was on heavy rotation for me last year.

PYT is the classic

Lol Waluigi, you will grow out of that mentality

Edited by Alb

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking hate icona pop but i love it is so fucking catchy and fun to sing ughhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY

it makes me feel like an upper-middle class white suburban denver girl or some shit

All of today's music is terrible.
Note: This is my opinion
I'll chose nothing.

your opinion is uninformed and shit

note: this isn't an opinion

Every day one of my teachers plays the radio and I've come to hate every single song that comes on it. I can't actually name any contemporary songs though.

I, uh, don't recall any mainstream songs that I truly enjoy.

Good lord... I really am a hipster!

Edited by Esme

This is a tough question in that I can't really decide on just one... Idk which I'd prefer most~

The Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! at the Disco (not linking the music video because it cuts out a couple lines) This one is probably closest to my musical tastes~ Panic! at the Disco is actually a band I used to regularly listen to. Not so much anymore... Among their songs though this is probably my favourite~ It's at least one of them!

My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy This... is incredibly far from my regular musical tastes~ I don't think any of the music I listen to sounds anything like this ^o^ There was a time when I listened to these guys a bit too... Not as much as the former. But I got linked to this song and thought "wow they sure changed" but I still gave it a listen. And....... then........................
"I'M ON FIIIYAAAAAAAH"
Man did that make me laugh when I first heard it~ Pretty sure I remember how Patrick Stump always was pretty good at singing crazily like that, both he and Brendon Urie (Panic! at the Disco's singer) did not fail to impress me sometimes

I think just hearing that line made me a little attached to that song and then that gave it a chance to grow on me ^o^

Radioactive - Imagine Dragons (not linking the music video to this either since they keep interrupting the soooooooooong) I don't remember the first time I heard this song... on the radio probably? I think I'd hear it repeatedly on the radio and even at the Kentucky Kingdom amusement park sometimes as well, sometimes when we went to an Indianapolis Indians baseball game they'd play that song, and quite a few other times as well. This isn't really like the type of music I listen to either, but idk there's something about the beat I guess that I enjoy. And of course all those radio encounters kind of helped it grow on me as well~

(And I actually do kinda like Lights as well, though)

Edited by Freohr Datia

In all seriousness I went through that same thing myself for around a year but I realized music isn't what you just hear on the radio amd started listening to whole albums. After that I came around and realized pop music actually makes me feel happy (pun intended) and you don't need to have a bunch of multilayered vocals and guitar solos to make a good song.

i mean i like a lot of popular music tbf but out of recent stuff in recent memory i'm deeply in like with katy perry's 'waking up in vegas'

All of today's music is terrible.

Note: This is my opinion

I'll chose nothing.

btw u are so edgy and cool for rejecting the mainstream sheeple music

EDIT:

No I've listened to modern music. I don't like it.

itt 'modern music' is a monolithic genre

Edited by Integrity

If you mean a current hit, i really couldnt tell you because i dont know the names of the artists half the time, let alone the song(s).

But if we are using the mainstream popular song as a blanket term for just about any really popular song that exists, the list is long...

So right now, ill just go with Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.

I like a lot of the stuff that's been posted so far rip me

(I genuinely do not know what to say for mine - there are a lot of candidates D:)