QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

Except for the villain having their personality and development narrated more than shown.

Which really hurts the film for me. Wouldn't watch it again.

This is the same beef my friend (who's very Disney obsessed) had with the movie. Which is really saying something because hes generally fine with subpar narrative in film. (this is a guy who doesnt have too many issues with Michael Bay. Yeah...) So its put me very wary of Maleficent. Its even funnier that he had a problem with how the main villain of the movie worked, because he was having difficulty wrapping his head around how Maleficent herself was being portrayed as sympathetic.

B: Im extremely skeptical of that movie. Ive heard nothing but mixed reactions.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except nothing was bad about maleficent

For once in my life I agree with Makaze. Maleficent was pretty shit m8

The writing was bollocks, with any meaningful internal development being narrated instead of shown organically. The plot itself relies way too heavily on predictable stunts. the acting was shitty with aurora being all stereotypically smiledumb and angelina jolies awful accent and the fucking fairies lol. The only notable performance was the kings. But he never even said FOOKIN PRAWNS! its bullshit, honestly.

Visually it was very pleasing though.

Edited by fuccboi

Curse of Darkness is a pretty bad game, but I love it a lot. Probably never gonna play it again, though.

There's also Phantasy Star and its sequel. First one is actually pretty neat in the grand scheme of 8-bit RPGs, but it and the second one both have very many problems that rise from them being archaic, including suicide-inducing dungeon design. They have some great strengths though, like the minimalist narrative in PSII and the retro anime art, among other things.

Probably a bunch of other games I can't think of right now.

Can't think of any books/movies, though. I didn't enjoy any of the bad ones I saw/read. :S

I am told FFTA is A Bad Game.

I happen to enjoy it a lot and play it relatively often.

I am too lazy to think of another answer.

I am told FFTA is A Bad Game.

I happen to enjoy it a lot and play it relatively often.

I am too lazy to think of another answer.

If FFTA is A Bad Game, I never want to be right.

Ashita no Joe for the SNES is a really minimist, shallow game that doesn't even accurately follow the anime all that well, and I played it way too many times despite that

(eat shit, msr King of Kings, I'm getting the good ending)

Hajime no Ippo for the GBA is likely markedly better, and I would argue not really a Bad Game, but I've still played it far beyond its probable value

Also, apparently some not-insignificant number of people hated Kirby 64/Crystal Shards? I loved that shit, especially the last boss

Either I haven't been exposed to very many bad movies/books, or I'm pretty easy to please regarding them, because I'm having a harder time thinking of ones that I knew/thought were bad but still liked.

Edited by Rehab

except nothing was bad about maleficent

let it be publicly known makaze wrecked me wrt this point and i have to rescind my opinion

I don't tend to read bad books. The worst I have read in quality is probably about middling or somewhat mediocre teenage fantasy, Eragon and the like. My least liked would probably be Queen of the Damned, the third and final book in the Vampire Chronicles' original trilogy by Anne Rice. For those of you who hate Myers' work, I have read the entire Twilight series, so that says something. Queen of the Damned took an amazing background and just flattened it, burned it into cinders, and pissed on the ashes.

Aw, I really enjoyed Queen of the Damned, though not as much as Interview with the Vampire.

let it be publicly known makaze wrecked me wrt this point and i have to rescind my opinion

O.o wow. That is something!

Aw, I really enjoyed Queen of the Damned, though not as much as Interview with the Vampire.

The Vampire Lestat was the best book in that series, no doubt.

Speaking of that series, there was a real stinker in the VCs called The Vampire Armand. I liked it.

O.o wow. That is something!

i made a pun at him you see and he distorted my pun about how great i was into another pun about how shit i was

you don't come back from that, man.

I have quite an affinity for horror and things that aren't quite "horror" but horror-themed. Though I tend to fall to the more tasteful and subtle side more often than not, cheesy old horror movies notwithstanding. I dislike excessive horror media, but I dislike excess in general.

That one group of Universal horror icons really makes me happy, as a side-note.

Im a dyed in the wool horror fanatic. I love it so much, i celebrate it. I roll in it.

However, i do have my limits. I do not like what i refer to as Plastic Horror which is stuff like Insidious. Really dumbed down horror that takes itself too seriously. It looks like it has cellophane wrappings and is often rated PG-13, and its always too serious for its own good. I hate that shit.

What i love is stuff like Hammer Horror, the first two Hellraiser films, Re-Animator, Pet Sematary, The Evil Dead, most of the Video Nasties, etc. For more serious horror, stuff like Poltergeist and The Conjuring win my nuts. Remember that movie The Strangers? Thats actually pretty terrifying because it could happen irl. Good shit maynard. Gimme all the Cosmic Horror and Lovecraft stuff pl0x. I love love love Guillermo Del Toro!
Oh man, classic horror is the business. I already mentioned Hammer. But the old Universal stuff and Boris Karloff...hnnngh!

That one group of Universal horror icons really makes me happy, as a side-note.

oh yessss.

I have a ridiculous soft spot for 80s horror. Vampire horror is great but i also have my limits on that stuff. Mostly because people who write vampire stuff dont let them be scary anymore. Vampires need to be freaky again....

Edited by Loki Laufeyson