QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to be an arse, but honestly I can't think of anything that's recent. Of all the music the other respondents posted videos of here, the only one I liked was sockmaster's.

I guess I'm gonna go with Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder." I feel really silly about it, but I happen to like the few Maroon 5 songs I've heard.

Also, I passionately hate "Tonight We Are Young" or whatever it's called. Probably because of the middle schooler who walked down my street singing it terribly one evening. Just wanted to weigh in there.

I'm not really sure what constitutes as mainstream/popular since i stay away from the radio but i listen to whatever I get linked and judge from that and if they happen to be mainstream/popular that's entirely fine I probably just don't know it

I'll take a guess anyway

Out of recent ones I /think/ Radioactive (Imagine Dragons) is fairly popular (and i guess it's been posted so there) and I'm fond of it, and I like a lot of Beyonce's stuff, and Lorde's cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World is super nice, went great with the ACU trailer

Been listening to Skyfall a lot too

Edited by Thor Odinson

Out of recent ones I /think/ Radioactive (Imagine Dragons) is fairly popular (and i guess it's been posted so there) and I'm fond of it

Heehee I've heard that song a lot so yeah I'd say it's pretty popular ^o^ I don't listen to the radio myself *doesn't have a car and just sits on laptop* but people I ride with will sometimes (whenever I ride with my dad in his truck or if I ride in LEONIDAS which is the giantest truck I've ridden in, not counting semi-trucks)

Edited by Freohr Datia

Though I like Lindsey Stirling/Pentatonix cover of it better (add violin instant better etc)

But I like the original too different tastes etc I guess

I don't really listen to a lot of pop though, like it's not a bad genre by any means it's just not my favorite music stylistically (I generally prefer a heavier sound) but if I like the melody or the vocals then hey

neckite probably wouldn't mind imagine dragons as much as he'd mind the type of music I really listen to~

although who knows some people surprise me

Edited by Freohr Datia

I think I know what he likes at least if nothing has changed since a couple years ago

It's pretty similar to what I listen to normally honestly

just I have different tastes in music outside of that I guess

What would you consider mainstream popular music?

Honest question

something that you hear on the radio or in like grocery stores or whatever

(sometime in the past idk 7 years)

Special hate goes to the song with lyrics about taking their clothes off and wanting to see the other person naked

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are probably hella songs that fit that description

I'm gonna go out on another limb and GUESS that it's Centerfold even though that one is fucking old

which I associate closely with my experience of hearing at my then-8-y/o brother's birthday party at LaserQuest

"oh yeah this song is definitely appropriate for 8 year olds"

basically if you can remember hearing it on the radio it should probably be good to go

unless you're tuning into like

Underground Hipster™: The Radio Station® (you've probably never heard of it)

Lorde's cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World is super nice, went great with the ACU trailer

WHERE IS THIS MASTERPIECE?!

Our stores are terrible. . .because I could legit answer something by Earth, Wind and Fire if I used that as a metric.

Now, as for the question. . .closest I can think of is Rihanna's Disturbia (bite me, I like the song).