QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Pokemon, Burger King had a promotion years ago for 23K gold-plated Pokemon cards ("23 karats? What happened to the other karat?" I wondered). Anyway, my brother and I had collected 5 out of the 6 in the set despite hating Burger King's food, and my dad took us to BK to get the sixth one. He asked us which one we needed and I said, "Jigglypuff." My dad was a stereotypical sort of tough guy - motorcycle, leather jacket, piercings, epic chin hair, etc. I'll never forget him pulling up to the window and asking, "I don't want any food, man, but do you have... uhh... Jigglypuff? We need a Jigglypuff," and looking like he wanted to die.

i love you

my life is not amusing enough for an anecdote

Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go.

I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east. It was moving very irregularly.

Suddenly there was intense light all around me - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

man, i want to play metal gear solid 2 now

I have been solicited to donate money monthly to at least 4 different groups by earnest young people with clipboards on the streets, including Greenpeace, a local water conservancy group, the Nature Conservancy, and the UN Refugee Agency

I have not been able to resist one of them, and I will probably have to lower (or, in cases, that won't allow that, to cancel) my online contributions to some of them after the fact (like the coward I am)

Recently in a supermarket parking lot, a very earnest-looking and articulate (but also large-enough-to-be-slightly-imposing,-if-I'm-honest-about-my-stupid-baseless-first-impressions) man in a Whole Foods polo asked me if I could spare any change for gasoline, as he was kinda stuck on his way to work. I forget, he might've also just asked to be driven to a bank of his own. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, as I didn't have any, but after thinking about it for a sec I asked him if he'd like to ride with me until I got some (forgetting how I actually put it). In retrospect, this probably made him actually the more nervous of us, because I think I neglected to tell him where we were actually going. Friendly guy though, made some small talk in the car, noted that he was indeed an employee at the Whole Foods down the pike. We drove about a block and a half to my bank, which was less a building and more an atm beside a trailer/prefab (since the actual building (and its drivethrough :[ ) had been demolished to make room for a new bank building and some others to be put up in the area), and being that it required us to turn into a bug mostly-empty parking lot which was behind some fences and construction sites and misshapen concrete and shit viewed when from the street, I can imagine he might have been kinda nervous riding in my car at that point, and he certainly sounded pretty relieved when we got there and he said something like "oh, yeah, the BoA here!" I forget if he offered any sort of guarantee or something, but I just ended up parking the car and getting $20 from the atm for him. He was quite grateful, told me to stop by the Whole Foods some time I think, and from there walked off on his way.

So, I dunno, I feel like I probably did a million not-smart things there in both the "street smarts" sense and the "basic human kindness" sense, but I managed to feel okay about it on balance afterwards.

(still need to stop by that Whole Foods, though..)

Edited by Rehab

I have been solicited to donate money monthly to at least 4 different groups by earnest young people with clipboards on the streets, including Greenpeace, a local water conservancy group, the Nature Conservancy, and the UN Refugee Agency

I have not been able to resist one of them, and I will probably have to lower (or, in cases, that won't allow that, to cancel) my online contributions to some of them after the fact (like the coward I am)

Can you pass for 20? 21 seems to be the minimum age for these things at least as far as Australia goes.

When I was in elementary, my 7/8 class protested against the teachers for letting us out at recess in -30 degrees and not letting us back in. As a symbol of their defiance, they erected a six-foot snow penis out on the yard and yelled for attention from the teachers. Rumour has it that the principal secretly conscripted some students to kick it down cause it was in plain sight for everyone who drove by the yard to see. It was funny as shit.

I work at a school, and everyone is supposed to take pictures on picture day. So far, I've been mistaken for a student twice, and asked whether or not I'm a student every other time. I'm too old to be in high school!

speaking of which a bunch of shitty 7 year olds thought I was 14

I was 19 at the time and it's not like I'm especially short as far as Asian females go (5'3" is about average I think?) so I'm theoretically on average the same size as their moms I'm a fucking large in Chinasizes ffs

Buncha insolent lil'shits

But anyway maybe I can pass off for a high school student and visit my old high school teachers!

So in Speech, every day we had to go up to the front and answer the qotd(!) and one particular day's question was "what is your favorite poem?" Now I didn't know many poems and I was complaining to my friend about it and she told me I should say Cruel Angels Thesis, from nge. Obviously, this was a great idea, so I went up and stated that it was my favorite poem. The teacher liked the title so much she decided to look it up and I was freaking out because it's not actually a poem and so I went and sat down and literally the song literally started playing over the smart board speakers. It was horrifying and hilarious.

So in Speech, every day we had to go up to the front and answer the qotd(!) and one particular day's question was "what is your favorite poem?" Now I didn't know many poems and I was complaining to my friend about it and she told me I should say Cruel Angels Thesis, from nge. Obviously, this was a great idea, so I went up and stated that it was my favorite poem. The teacher liked the title so much she decided to look it up and I was freaking out because it's not actually a poem and so I went and sat down and literally the song literally started playing over the smart board speakers. It was horrifying and hilarious.

Ahhahahahhahahahbahahahabhaba

Can you pass for 20? 21 seems to be the minimum age for these things at least as far as Australia goes.

I think so, but I also think a couple of them got me long enough ago that they weren't deterred by finding out I was younger when I put in my information, ha.

And for another thing I've had the odd voter activist type ask for my parents when I showed up at the door, but then the odds that a young anybody was the owner of our house in the suburbs probably weren't that high whether they thought I was an adult or a teenager, in retrospect.

But anyway maybe I can pass off for a high school student and visit my old high school teachers!

I used to do this all the time! People do still think I'm in high school ;) We'll see how long that lasts for.

I once had a dream I killed a door to door salaswoman with a plastic spork and then tried to dispose of the body in the creek in my backyard.

this was a good question and i'm glad it lasted approximately five and a half days

Question 391. What is your favourite public holiday? Besides Christmas. That's kind of obvious.

Edited by Parrhesia

How about 'STRAYA DAY! WHERE WE CELEBRATE THE PRIDE OF BEING PART OF THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. EAT A LAMB SHANK AND SUPPORT THE NATION ON 'STRAYA DAY!

Other than that, maybe Queen's Birthday in June. Because if we didnt have that in Victoria, we'd go on without a public holiday for over 5 months! Tragic

American Thanksgiving~! The food is amazing~! Runner-up is Easter

^

Misquoting ho!

sorry but you have not begun to truly misquote

try harder :V