Question regarding the different hardmodes

Hello there.

I am currently playing Shadow Dragon on H2 and will probably start FE 12 after this one. My question, were exactly are the three hard modes difficulty wise, compared to other games? I haven't finished all games on hard or above (simply because only played most games once or twice if there was more then one route), but I thought the difficulty of FE 7, 9, 10 on normal and 13 on hard was pretty good (not to hard at the beginning but also not to easy later on). So, on what should I play this then? H1? H2?

I have to add, I don't mind a challenge if it isn't as ridiculous as H5 or Lunatic on Awakening (which I am also playing, but it's just retarded sometimes). I have also played Radiant Dawn until the finale of part 2 on Hardmode, but I don't remember how hard that really was.

Were would be H2 then? Lunatic is probably just as ridiculous as H5 or Lunatic in Awakening.

Can't comment about H2/Maniac, but Lunatic is about on par with Shadow Dragon's H5 and probably Awakening's Lunatic too.

Funnily, I never got past like Chapter 2 or 3 of Shadow Dragon's H5, but managed to scrape through to the end of FE12 Lunatic.

FE13's Lunatic isn't too bad if you solo with Avatar (although I eventually got bored and ended up DLC grinding other characters, so can't say if that strategy holds up forever).

Well, I am at chapter 10 with more or less normal play (well, Chrom by now basically can start to kill waves with a good partner), but the beginning is just insane. And I really don't need something like that again on a first play through. Maybe I just take a look at the first few maps on H1 and H2 and decide for myself, but if I am not mistaken, this time the prologue is also included in H1 and above, unlike Shadow Dragon, right?

Fe12 lunatic is difficult much more so then fe13's considering in fe13 the avatar can still solo it. In fe12 you need a team and a good understanding of reclass and its benefits to growths etc.

And yes the prologue in fe12 is always played no matter the difficulty

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Do note that while this game's Lunatic is more difficult, most of it feels legit unlike the ones you mentioned. The difficulty is very well-done, some chapters aside (like ice Dragons having way too much crit). Be warned that the Prologue is very demanding in Lunatic and Maniac (H2) though, so I would advise caution and go with H1 Hard. By playing Hard first, you also unlock Mixed Male Class Sets, which gives some much needed help to male units.

EDIT: Also, Lunatic doesnt joke around. Once you start the difficulty, you gotta be prepared to never have breathing room. The only easy chapters are very short, like Chapter 3x, Chapters 10 and 10x and 13x.

Edited by PKL

Regarding reclassing, how exactly does that work? It changes the stats, does it also change the growth rates of characters? So could I basically turn a knight into a mage and have a somewhat decent magic user? I am currently not using reclassing in Shadow Dragon, but on H2 it is not really necessary, however I am sure in the higher difficulties it is a must and also will be for FE 12 H2/3.

Regarding reclassing, how exactly does that work? It changes the stats, does it also change the growth rates of characters? So could I basically turn a knight into a mage and have a somewhat decent magic user? I am currently not using reclassing in Shadow Dragon, but on H2 it is not really necessary, however I am sure in the higher difficulties it is a must and also will be for FE 12 H2/3.

Everyone has their own set of growths - these are known as personal growths. Every class has their own growths - these are known as class growths. To figure out if Draug would make a nice mage, take his personal growths, add them to the mage's class growths, and see if you like the spread. For FE12, it really helps to know growths, as well as weapon ranks (especially on the higher difficulties). Amazing growths won't do anything if you can't level someone because they're stuck with Iron weapons!

I just tried the first two prologue missions on H1 and H2 and yeah - for the first playthrough I definitly don't need a Prologue 1 were I can't even oneround the first enemy and heave to heal in order to beat the friggin Prologue 1 boss. So I will just play through the game on H1 for the first time.

But anyway, thanks for the answers.