You know, I've been thinking...

What were Cinderella, Beaty and the Beast, Snow White, and all those other fairy tales like before Disney came around?

It's just, whenever I think of those stories, Disney's adaptions come to mind. They're, like, permanently seared into my mind.

When I hear the story or listen to the music, I think of Disney.

IT'S ALL DISNEY.

Not that I dislike them.

Just sayin'.

A lot of them were more grim.

This.

Pocahontas was actually like raped and shit by the white guy.

The Lion King was a total rip off of some Japanese flick, I think.

The Aristocats was based off of an awful Hollywood joke about gross things some family does.

JK about that last one.

the original grim brothers fairy tales

cinderella- sisters cut of parts of thier feet to fit the slippers

beauty and the beast idk

snow white i think she wanted to drink her blood or something to regain youth (the wicked witch that is)

sleeping beauty raped in her sleep by passing king

rapunzel banged passig prince, witch blinds prince girl exiled to the dessert where she bears twins

also i'm not 100 percent sure snow while and sleeping beauty but i know rapunzel and cinderella are right

also pocahontas, so wrong so wrong she didn't even marry the right guy, anyone who took a class in american history knows it wrong

The little mermaid isn't able to kiss the prince and turns into seafoam in the ending.

My mother got me to watch a animated movie based on the original, and it was one of my early childhood traumas.

Edited by Nobody

The Little Mermaid died because she could not kill the prince to break her curse.

Sleeping Beauty was impregnated by the prince while she slept and had birthed multiple children before the curse was broken.

Don't know about Snow White.

Edited by Makaze

is total bullshit. It only comes about because the names "Kimba" and "Simba" are similar and they're both lions, but there's a reason for the name "Simba": It means "lion" in Swahili. Every character name in The Lion King has a related Swahili meaning.

While I don't know the exact plot of Kimba, from what I've read and been told from people who do know it, they're different, albeit with a few similarities that aren't of much consequence.

But yeah, classic Disney movies are typically based on pretty dark material.

The Ice Queen was about a little girl whose best friend was abducted by the titular Ice Queen, and then she had to travel to northern Finland in order to get him back. It is basically a really awesome story about the power of love and friendship.

Edit:

Don't know about Snow White.

The original Snow White was a lot like the movies, with the exception that the evil queen tries to kill Snow White three times. One time by acting as a seamstress where she tries to suffocate her by lacing her corset to tight, one time time she pretends to be a jeweller and places a poisoned comb in her hair, and then the last time with the apple. Also, the prince doesn't awake her with a kiss, he just want to carry her to his palace, and then the glass coffin bumps against something, which makes the apple fall out.

Oh, and when the evil queen turns up at the wedding, they give her red hot iron shoes on, and then she has to dance until she dies.

Edited by Azura

is total bullshit. It only comes about because the names "Kimba" and "Simba" are similar and they're both lions, but there's a reason for the name "Simba": It means "lion" in Swahili. Every character name in The Lion King has a related Swahili meaning.

While I don't know the exact plot of Kimba, from what I've read and been told from people who do know it, they're different, albeit with a few similarities that aren't of much consequence.

But yeah, classic Disney movies are typically based on pretty dark material.

There were some clear parallels between the two visually and thematically, but it was a loose base by anyone's interpretation.