Pokemon Anime thread

Djing

The only thing I liked about Sinnoh was the dynamic between Ash, Paul, and Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape. Oh, and Brandon's reappearance and battle with Paul. Other than that, it was a bit uninteresting to me.

I enjoyed sinnoh primarily because Hikari/Dawn made an interesting lead, rather than an extra side protagonist. I haven't watched any of XY yet, but even back in the day, Misty, May and even Brock all the way through were more just tagalong heroes. Cilan/Iris have kind of the same thing; they don't really have a reason to join ash except out of boredom and curiosity (ok Misty wanted her bike back but we all know how that went)

Dawn had her own goals and storyarc built within the series, and while it wasn't the best or well executed, it existed, which was a huge plus for me.

**Edit

She was introduced well, tho

Edited by Elieson

I haven't actually watched a LOT of the Pokemon anime since Kanto (although I did see part of Unova because N) so... I'm a bit behind? But I've been watching X/Y and...

It's actually not that bad.

I was pretty shocked that I marathoned the first couple of English episodes on Youtube in a row, that was certainly a first.

While yes, I do have little problems with it (namely with Serena - I know she's ten and all, but gods, they made her so bratty. I just can't.), all in all it seems like it'll be something I'll actually watch.

Also Sycamore's voice is the best. No contest.

I haven't watched the anime since Johto ended.

I did keep up with the movies though, but yeah I got a little tired of Ash. Felt like he was good in the arcs I did see but I feel they needed to do a Pokémon special approach different protagonist per generation

• 1 month later...

I hate it, basically.

I watched it in the old days of course, and I loved it, but in retrospect it was only kinda good at best and early on. I kept watching up until about the beginning of the Hoenn episodes, and then I basically just lost interest and stopped.

Nowadays I just feel that the longer it goes on, the more of a farce it became. I certainly can't list any examples since I make a point not to retain any of it, but I just know that whenever I watch it over my younger brother's shoulders so to speak I never not find it cringeworthy as all hell.

I might have found it more tolerable if they just let Ash go and moved on to different characters after a while (like the Pokemon Adventures manga did, which I liked-- THAT should have been the model for the anime, IMO), but chances are good that the bland plots and mediocre logic would have driven me away before too long too (IE, I also hated the promotional anime that were made for BW2). I still haven't watched the new Pokemon Origins specials in full, though from what I've seen, they're a significant step up from the usual drivel.

The animation has gotten very good, I'm not gonna deny that, but I think I would have preferred it if they funneled some of that animation budget into hiring some writers that were actually half-decent or had anything interesting to show. (Still it's probably more of a Disney thing where any creative or interesting ideas are shot down and fired, if I had to guess... And of course they have no reason to get better writers since people will watch the show anyway...)

So... I'm totally gonna be that guy and go there

DIGIMON > POKEMON GGGGGGGGGGGGG ALLTHEG'S I'M OUT

While XY looks good I don't think can top DP in the "plot". The main characters are good I like Clemont and Serena, and Bonnie doesn't come off as annoying. But I get more of a Unova feeling from this season and I don't like the fact that there is so rival figure currently. The battles looks pretty cool so I'll probably only tune into the gym battles.

...I just made a new thread about this. Why revive an old one? :/

The old thread was still fair to post in per SF's rules, as it was still in the first page of the board, and less than two months old.

On topic: I think it was around late Advance when I stopped watching the anime, and it's been so long I don't remember much of it, but I do remember getting bored around Jotho (WAY too much filler), but then picking up greatly when Advance started, as May and Max were a nice breath of fresh air.

I've seen some loose episodes of the D/P and B/W years, but not much to comment on.

There's still a new thread now and it has plenty of replies. This one should be locked. Also, someone could have told me there was already an anime thread before mine got responses. Another thing, this topic wasn't on the first page when I checked.

There's still a new thread now and it has plenty of replies. This one should be locked. Also, someone could have told me there was already an anime thread before mine got responses. Another thing, this topic wasn't on the first page when I checked.

Better yet, merge the threads.

And yes, this topic was on the first page. Compare the dates of the last post before BANRYU's bump in this thread and the date the bottom thread in the first page of this board.

I must not have noticed it somehow, but it doesn't matter. Like you said, this thread was two months old before it got revived. It's better to start fresh.

Don't take it personally, Ana. Just post the stuff from your new thread in here. Jave is right, it doesn't make any sense to throw out a new thread when a perfectly good one already exists. It doesn't mean we can't still address things you wanted to talk about in that thread.

Didn't you read a word I said? This thread is outdated by two months. That isn't "perfectly good." It has nothing to do with personal issues. I made the new thread because I didn't see any recent ones. I admit to having not noticed this one, but it was still old and outdated.

I'm not posting in here anymore, so if you reply, I likely won't see it. Bye now.

Two months is hardly much to call a General thread "outdated".

And even then it's a moot point because this thread was fair game by SF's own rules.

Edited by Jave

It's the most formulaic show in history. They changed the awesome Godzilla style cries the mons got in the games to the annoying Pokemon Speak we get today. Most of the ridicule the franchise got early on was because of this show. I get a hernia everytime I hear someone say DODGE IT!

This is the main character.

tumblr_mp7socj6bn1r0yf4ko1_500.jpg

And yet I still watch it. Must be Stockholm Syndrome.

oh no, ana's not going to post in here, what in the hell shall we do.

to contribute something, i'm still disappointed in tobias for not having any backstory whatsoever.

oh no, ana's not going to post in here, what in the hell shall we do.

to contribute something, i'm still disappointed in tobias for not having any backstory whatsoever.

Yeah, at least with the other one shot league rivals they had some backstory. I guess they decided that Conway, Barry, and Paul was enough and just needed a reason for Ash to lose.

Edited by Cero