ff x/x-2

xblade

Spoony reviews

Though seriously, I enjoyed the ps2 ffs, although, dolly dressup wasn't a really solid premise for a final fantasy game.

I liked the old school battle system from x-2, and I loved blitz ball In X (x-2) absolutely ruined it.

I liked the old school battle system from x-2, and I loved blitz ball In X (x-2) absolutely ruined it.

All you really do is pretend to be an announcer from Central America and yell out "GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL" in X-2.

Looks so pretty remastered, but I don't really have the pocket change atm to buy it, especially when I have working copies for both on the PS2 (same problem I have for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles). Are there any special features that weren't present in the originals?

FFX International.

As in the extras such as the Dark Aeons and Ribbon ability... as well as the expert sphere grid is in this version of the game.

Also has the updated regular sphere grid too with new abilities such as Quick Pockets and Full Break.

Ah, I never had had the International version and those extras sound cool, so I suppose I'll put it on my list of things to buy if I ever have extra funds (I really do need to add to my PS3 library, even if it's with stuff I've technically already played).

Hmm, but I suppose that laugh scene is still as charmingly awkward as it was in the original...XD

Gosh, I really do miss this game thinking about it. Perhaps I'll get it much sooner if possible.

I've never played X, but I love its soundtrack. The remix of the final boss theme in the remastered version makes me shake my head in disappointment.

Anyway, I don't own a ps3, so there's not much else I can say really.

FUCK THE REMASTERED SOUNDTRACK.

They utterly butchered Uematsu's incredible work without his consultation. "Fight with Seymour" sounds like utter shit compared to the original.

I know I'll probably never play FFX HD due to a lack of a PS3 or Vita, but that soundtrack grinds my gears. Only thing I'd care about with it are the International version bonuses.

Dark Aeons, Penance, the sphere grids...hell, even Omega Weapon gets a buff (999,999 HP, slightly higher stats and elemental absorption make the damn thing a tad more threatening than the North American/Original Japan version).

Looks so pretty remastered, but I don't really have the pocket change atm to buy it, especially when I have working copies for both on the PS2 (same problem I have for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles). Are there any special features that weren't present in the originals?

i know :3

there is a little movie between the events of after x and before x-2 that i don't think was there before called "ff x eternal calm" but apart from that it's just the regular game with a very nice visual improvment

Just picked up my copy today, but don't have time to play it until April! I never played the original, so this is going to be two games in one! I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm excited nonetheless!

Just picked up my copy today, but don't have time to play it until April! I never played the original, so this is going to be two games in one! I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm excited nonetheless!

You're in for a real treat! FFX was my first introduction into the series and remains my favorite to this day. X-2 not so much, but the battle system is interesting, and I feel that it's necessary to complete it at least once for story purposes if you enjoyed X.

I hope you have fun playing! =D

same case here.

..And I died at the begining of the game. Yeah !

(Also Tidius really looks like an asshole jerk at the beginning...)

I've been playing it since it came out (spring break bro). Played like 20 games of blitzball and I'm at the part where you just killed Seymour Natus and Tidus/Yuna make out.

It's beautiful. I also really like the Expert Grid over the regular one. I have like 4 characters with Haste because it was a minor diversion to pick it up.

Edited by Lord Raven

I've been playing it since it came out (spring break bro). Played like 20 games of blitzball and I'm at the part where you just killed Seymour Natus and Tidus/Yuna make out.

It's beautiful. I also really like the Expert Grid over the regular one. I have like 4 characters with Haste because it was a minor diversion to pick it up.

that seymour... four times he tries the same ol shenanigans

They utterly butchered Uematsu's incredible work without his consultation. "Fight with Seymour" sounds like utter shit compared to the original.

I know I'll probably never play FFX HD due to a lack of a PS3 or Vita, but that soundtrack grinds my gears. Only thing I'd care about with it are the International version bonuses.

Dark Aeons, Penance, the sphere grids...hell, even Omega Weapon gets a buff (999,999 HP, slightly higher stats and elemental absorption make the damn thing a tad more threatening than the North American/Original Japan version).

Butchered ? Worse than Uematsu already did ?

In all sriousness, I heard pretty mixed thing about this remix. I would have prefered to have the option for both (and for Japanese and English voices too)

I just met Yuna, so I'm not really far.

Well, I play on Vita (yeah... probably not the best version), but at least, it's really gorgeous.

EDIT : Also, from what I saw, it seems FF X-2 is the one who had the most new things.

Edited by shytende

Have you actually played the game? The only reason you say that they butchered his work is probably because you're hearing it outside of the game. It sounds weird outside of the game, but in the game it actually sounds remastered and fits with the game - which actually makes it much more comforting to hear outside of it.

At first I'd agree with you, but playing the game itself is the best way to get to know its soundtrack and how much it fits the game. The remastered OST is one of those soundtracks. Listening in-game will make a significant difference, I guarantee you.

Edited by Lord Raven

Though honnestly, they didn't made a lot of effort to convince us Yuna isn't Garnet...

It takes some time to get used to the game's system, and it's pretty clear it's supposed to be played on a bog screen, but it's pretty fun so far.