Could Roy's yellow palette from Melee be based on Tia of all people?

BrightBow

Now I do of course know that Yellow, Orange and blue complement each other, so seeing them together shouldn't be too much of a surprise. And of course the fact that Tear Ring Saga's character design is just as similar to Fire Emblem as the actual game doesn't help. But then again, I've always wondered if that color palette came from somewhere in particular since it doesn't fit together with the usual team colors and doesn't keep the color of the cape in line with the armor like the others do. So I can't help but wonder if it might actually be the case.

Tia:

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tia.jpg

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tia_(Credits_Still).png

Roy (yellow):

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/File:RoyTrophyAllStar.png

Roy's cape is shown as red in his character select screen but it is clearly orange during the actual gameplay. I can't find an image of Roy's model with palette in action, so I figured the trophy works just as well.

Also, Tear Ring Saga's release date: 05/24/01

Smash Brother's Japanse release date: 11/21/01

Yeah, Tia is much more competent than Roy ever was, it'd be a total misrepresentation of his abilities and talents.

##shotsfired

I'm pretty sure the gold colour is nothing more than a reference to the coloration of "Other" phase characters in FE4. This is a neat coincidence, though.

Marth's white costume could be based on Runan as well.

I thought that it was accepted that Marth's White alt. was based on Leif.

It could be a coincidence... or maybe the developers having some fun.

Which reminds me; FE9 and Berwick Saga share some odd coincidences too - both have a mysterious masked Dark Knight (the Black Knight/Chaos) who wields a Divine Blade (Alondite/Vajra) that has a counterpart (Ragnell/Vritra).

I thought that it was accepted that Marth's White alt. was based on Leif.

Unless it's actually confirmed by the developpers, who knows.

Also may I remind that Runan was supposed to have blue hair and that a lawsuit was active at the time. If those are indeed references, I'm not sure those are positive.

Well, Runan was based on Leif (try telling me he's not), so ultimately it'd be based on Leif either way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...