Morgan(M) confession...

Well, on Lunatic, you can't lose Frederick either. You NEED him to do it. Even I know that. And you can't lose Avatar as well, I think that results in a game over just as losing Chrom would.

I never said that Frederick pairing with Avatar for some battles wasn't more convenient than a pair up with Chrom anyway. Only that it's still convenient in its own ways. But both ideas have some convenience.

EDIT: And, I think this thread's been derailed... -_-

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had much trouble protecting Chrom, even on the harder maps. I only ever lost him in DLC chapters. Also, just because Chrom/Avatar might be a good battle team doesn't mean they have to be married. You can put Chrom with Sumia or someone else later. It's not hard, Avatar has the lowest priority on Chrom's list of possible wives.

Priority doesn't mean boo when the support level reaches around S, or when one of his wives has a higher support level than the others. Like say, if Sully had a B support with Chrom and Sumia had a C support with Chrom in the case of the latter. Not to mention, supports don't HAVE to reach beyond C. Even if the other support partner is a guy.

Edited by Just call me Al

Uh... I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think that was my point. My point was that even if you stick Chrom with Avatar for a few turns, he can easily build a higher support level with his other choices later.

But this isn't even the thread topic, so I'm done. The Morgan confession image is very well made, I must admit. He's cute as always. :)

Not everyone makes this stuff with Freddy in mind, silly. ~3~ Besides, you could always photoshop it to Fred's brown or something.

Late, but my friend nearly threw a fit over this comment when she saw it, and she wanted me to say that you shouldn't edit non-official art without the creator's permission.

Late, but my friend nearly threw a fit over this comment when she saw it, and she wanted me to say that you shouldn't edit non-official art without the creator's permission.

Over-reactive much? It's not like anyone's going to pass it off as their own work. I wouldn't be putting it on my DA or anything of the sort. I might post it in this thread alone, but that's it, and even then, I'd be saying that the original piece isn't mine.

Over-reactive much? It's not like anyone's going to pass it off as their own work. I wouldn't be putting it on my DA or anything of the sort. I might post it in this thread alone, but that's it, and even then, I'd be saying that the original piece isn't mine.

It's art etiquette.

You just don't do it.

In all fairness, I don't see why art etiquette only applies to fan creations and not to official creations as well (which you see people photoshopping all of the time).

Ana, would you like it if someone "borrowed" a picture of Antoinette and recolored her hair so that it matched whatever woman that the user paired with Frederick? Even if they gave you credit, would you like it that they did it without telling you about it at first?

If you don't mind personally, please keep in mind that many people do NOT appreciate it and would prefer to at least be asked before the person actually did it. As Jave said, it's etiquette and NOT overreacting.

Edited by Sangyul

In all fairness, I don't see why art etiquette only applies to fan creations and not to official creations as well (which you see people photoshopping all of the time).

Parody *is* fair use.

It's also a given and no mistaking that it's from official sources and no one is going to claim that it's theirs and not Yusuke Kozaki's.

Parody *is* fair use.

It's also a given and no mistaking that it's from official sources and no one is going to claim that it's theirs and not Yusuke Kozaki's.

Frankly it doesn't matter the source.

One point of origin really isn't any different from any other.

Parody *is* fair use.

The point of origin doesn't change that fact. So fan creations are just as open as the official.

This derail is pretty stupid.

So fan creations are just as open as the official.

This derail is pretty stupid.

I don't see what recoloring it to Fred's Morgan counts as "parody".

Well, you *DID* post fanmade artwork?

What are we supposed to do? Just gush over it just because you posted a topic showing it off?

Editing it and ethics seem still enough on topic about the artwork.

Ana, would you like it if someone "borrowed" a picture of Antoinette and recolored her hair so that it matched whatever woman that the user paired with Frederick? Even if they gave you credit, would you like it that they did it without telling you about it at first?

I wouldn't mind it, no. So long as they credited me. Even if Lissa or Maribelle of all people were the mother.

I don't see what recoloring it to Fred's Morgan counts as "parody".

Well, you *DID* post fanmade artwork?

What are we supposed to do? Just gush over it just because you posted a topic showing it off?

Editing it and ethics seem still enough on topic about the artwork.

Recoloring/shopping a fanmade piece of art is the same as Recoloring/shopping an official piece of art. You're doing the same actions either way. There is no difference in the end result based on source.

Art Etiquette doesn't have anything real to do with the subject at hand.

8U I feel like that guy in that one GIF who brings pizza for everyone only to discover in shock that the room is in flames. Yikes.

That image is adorable, even with the idea of marrying either Morgan is very creepy.

Ohmigosh you're totally right. .__. I'm so sorry, I didn't even think about that. /)~~~(\

Nonono, your friend is absolutely right and please thank her for calling me out on that for me. I'm with her, stuff like that without permission is not cool, I agree. Personally, if I'm being completely honest, I don't think something like this is TOO harmful if you're crediting someone, but as an artist myself (bit of a stretch to call myself that though lol) I can imagine how annoying (at the very least) it'd be for something like that to happen.

Personally, I actually do stuff like that a lot but I NEVER post it publicly or anything of the sort if I know it's someone's personal art. .__.

EDIT: That green Ridley picture I posted was someone's art... .__. I just don't know whose... SHIT

Edited by BANRYU

Well, on Lunatic, you can't lose Frederick either. You NEED him to do it. Even I know that. And you can't lose Avatar as well, I think that results in a game over just as losing Chrom would.

I never said that Frederick pairing with Avatar for some battles wasn't more convenient than a pair up with Chrom anyway. Only that it's still convenient in its own ways. But both ideas have some convenience.

EDIT: And, I think this thread's been derailed... -_-

Switching from one derailment to another here...

Frederick isn't required, he just helps a good deal (especially in Lunatic+ Cht.2) as a pairup in the first few chapters (and a sponge for the Myrmidons in the Prologue). You wouldn't let him die, just bench him after Cht.6 or so when Avatar gets enough defense not to need him to fling herself into a pile of enemies and survive anymore (bringing him back occasionally when having a +Mov pairup for hunting thieves is important).

Somewhat back on topic: this pic makes me wish (again) that the story was actually told from Chrom/Lucina's point of view, that they were the ones with the full support sets and Avatar was just a random member of the army.

Somewhat back on topic: this pic makes me wish (again) that the story was actually told from Chrom/Lucina's point of view, that they were the ones with the full support sets and Avatar was just a random member of the army.

Does that mean this current confession picture is of creepy aunt Lucina hitting on her nephew?

Does that mean this current confession picture is of creepy aunt Lucina hitting on her nephew?

It's not like we don't already have the possibility of creepy uncle Inigo/Brady hitting on their niece

Frederick isn't required, he just helps a good deal (especially in Lunatic+ Cht.2) as a pairup in the first few chapters (and a sponge for the Myrmidons in the Prologue). You wouldn't let him die, just bench him after Cht.6 or so when Avatar gets enough defense not to need him to fling herself into a pile of enemies and survive anymore (bringing him back occasionally when having a +Mov pairup for hunting thieves is important).

Funny, everyone else has said that Lunatic is impossible without Frederick because he's the only character in the beginning that has a chance of surviving any attacks.

But whatever, the subject is OVER. xP

Point of view doesn't really matter to me as long as I can enjoy the game. :P

Funny, everyone else has said that Lunatic is impossible without Frederick because he's the only character in the beginning that has a chance of surviving any attacks.

But whatever, the subject is OVER. xP

Ana, please, just take my advice from a previous thread and don't talk about anything related to lunatic mode game play until you've actually given it a try.

It's not like we don't already have the possibility of creepy uncle Inigo/Brady hitting on their niece

This is true, but the posted confession picture wasn't of female Morgan :P: Also, if the game was told through one of Chrom or Lucina's POVs then the only way to get a blue-haired female Morgan confession would be creepy grandfather Chrom hitting on his granddaughter :P

Ana, please, just take my advice from a previous thread and don't talk about anything related to lunatic mode game play until you've actually given it a try.

I don't see what's wrong with pointing out something I heard from OTHERS here, rather than something I guessed or something.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't see what's wrong with pointing out something I heard from OTHERS here, rather than something I guessed or something.

If you want to know more, maybe make your own topic instead of derailing this one. You're the one that brought Frederick up. This isn't a pairing topic either.

Edited by L95

If you want to know more, maybe make your own topic instead of derailing this one. You're the one that brought Frederick up. This isn't a pairing topic either.

Actually, that was Banryu. All I said at first was that I wished the Morgan in the pic had brown hair.

You were talking about the art then though, stuff derailed after

Chrom has a huge lead over the other males, it's quite funny actually. But pairing him with female Robin is so convenient...

So's pairing her with Frederick lol. You get him at the same time (not counting the premonition). :P

And then it shifted to gameplay, and then to Lunatic.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi