Does anyone like Gordon Ramsay?

Chiki

I think he is cool, though Dark Souls 2 is consuming my life right now for me to do anything else

also, I think all that yelling is just to boost the rating. In his other shows he doesn't nearly yell as much.

Edited by sifer

Ooh, someone spot the irony in this hypothetical that totally never happened.

"Rordon Gamsay": People here fucking suck at cooking. You're fucking horrible at life.

"Tiki": :XD:

[...]

"Tiki": People here suck at FE and respond immaturely when I point this out.

Everyone: :rolleyes:

[...]

"CheatingOnIke": I'm not the best at Pokemon, but I have other things I'd rather be doing.

"Tiki": Well, whatever, I'm awesome at Pokemon.

"Micaiah": Hey, Tiki, you're pretty unremarkable at Pokemon. I even have evidence of your skill estimate on the day the suspect test concluded.

"Tiki": :angry:Well, since I recently beat a SPL winner who hasn't played seriously in years, according to my degree in logimacality "Micaiah" is spewing sophistry and not worth fully responding to for this reason. I must unfriend "Micaiah" for this unforgiveable ad homineminem.

"Rordon Gamsay": People here fucking suck at cooking. You're fucking horrible at life.

[...]

[...]

"CheatingOnIke": I'm not the best at Pokemon, but I have other things I'd rather be doing.

"Micaiah": Hey, Tiki, you're pretty unremarkable at Pokemon. I even have evidence of your skill estimate on the day the suspect test concluded.

"Tiki": :angry:Well, since I recently beat a SPL winner who hasn't played seriously in years, according to my degree in logimacality "Micaiah" is spewing sophistry and not worth fully responding to for this reason. I must unfriend "Micaiah" for this unforgiveable ad homineminem.

LOL, it's hilarious how seriously you take Pokemon skill. You really need to stop this creepy obsession of yours. Following me around in threads and Pokemon Online and even having people tell you to stop being obsessive is honestly being a little creepy. I can't even believe you took a picture.

I will entertain you though. Anyways, I did have a rating high enough a while before the suspect test ended, during the winter holiday, some time in January.

I was able to qualify for the suspect test pretty much instantly after I started playing again.
Of course I qualified

See? Qualified in the past tense. I never stated when I started playing again, nor when I qualified for the test. Decay exists. Some time in January, I did have over 1700. Does that clear things up? I think you are smart enough to understand this. I think you have a personal problem with me which doesn't let you understand this obvious fact, that's all. I really would like to know why you have an issue with me.

Edited by Chiki

LOL, it's hilarious how seriously you take Pokemon skill.

More irony.

The only point I tried to make in my previous post was that you falsely accuse people of immaturity when you exhibit more immaturity than all of them combined; your continued boasts as well as your unfriending (lol) of me, the one active user who has consistently defended you here on SF, over a children's game is merely a convenient example of this. I did not intend for you to renew our game of cat and mouse from the previous thread, but I will oblige.

See? Qualified in the past tense. I never stated when I started playing again, nor when I qualified for the test.

Semantics, the last refuge.

Decay exists. Some time in January, I did have over 1700.

Props on correctly making the bold play of assuming that I hadn't snapped your record from when you still had 1000 Elo and a 6-9 W-L, but I still have adequate information to call your bluff of decay alone explaining your low rating. While it is true that Elo decays over time, your mean Glicko-1 does not decay over time (the RD does, though). The mean Glicko-1 I have recorded for you is 1695, just 1.5 standard deviations above the overall PS mean of 1500. And this mean Glicko-1 of 1695, given the large number of games you played on the OU ladder from the point of the last reset, is inconsistent with this image you adopt of a badass who consistently tops ladders and beats Smogon-tournament winners; to put this in perspective, I had (and still have) a mean Glicko-1 of 1812, 2.4 standard deviations above the mean, on the OU ladder the day the suspect test ended, after having only played nineteen OU matches on that account, yet this was still a fair bit lower than what many tournament players, without even trying, had. A mean Glicko-1 of 1695 after 65-ish games is far more consistent with the profile of a so-so / above-average player than with the profile of a juggernaut, who would have to get haxed to oblivion to lose that frequently with any team that isn't completely ineffective.

While you may also claim that a very large losing streak with an unserious team following procurement of 1700 Elo explains your low rating, this is inconsistent with the fact that there exist two publicly viewable replays of you playing against and losing to mediocre players with your serious team on the day the suspect test ended (the upload dates of these replays read Feb 9, 2014--surprise, surprise, the exact day the suspect test ended!--towards the bottom-left of the screen), which seems inconsistent with your story of a fantastic rating achieved in January that was only worn down by rating decay and a lack of motivation to bring it back up. It is completely consistent with my claim from the previous thread that you were laddering furiously during the (figurative) eleventh hour.

All of this neglects the fact that you were completely on the defensive in that prior thread (from your evasiveness to the "This doubt is silly", lmao), in contrast to your generally confrontational style displayed not just here in FFtF and Serious Discussion (where it is somewhat understandable given your SF reputation), but even on Smogon (where you wrote some hostile posts in spite of the absence of anyone picking on you). If, during our previous exchange, you had this explanation up your sleeve, why hold off on revealing it? Most anyone familiar with your posting style, and your tendency to simply vanish from a thread when argued into a corner, would guess that you had nothing to counter my claims at the time, and needed a clearer head to come up with your rating-decay story in order to feel comfortable going on the offensive again.

And don't kid yourself, I am not not obsessed with you anymore than folks like Constable Reggie, Esau of Isaac, Interceptor, Espinosa, or others are obsessed with any other outrageous person on the Internet. They, like me, simply enjoy screwing with said outrageous persons every so often.

Given the damning timestamps of the two replays, combined with your interest in the team fielded in those replays (as evidenced by the fact that you made a RMT for it), I see no need to continue this exchange.

More irony.

The only point I tried to make in my previous post was that you falsely accuse people of immaturity when you exhibit more immaturity than all of them combined; your continued boasts as well as your unfriending (lol) of me, the one active user who has consistently defended you here on SF, over a children's game is merely a convenient example of this. I did not intend for you to renew our game of cat and mouse from the previous thread, but I will oblige.

Props on correctly making the bold play of assuming that I hadn't snapped your record from when you still had 1000 Elo and a 6-9 W-L, but I still have adequate information to call your bluff of decay alone explaining your low rating. While it is true that Elo decays over time, your mean Glicko-1 does not decay over time (the RD does, though). The mean Glicko-1 I have recorded for you is 1695, just 1.5 standard deviations above the overall PS mean of 1500. And this mean Glicko-1 of 1695, given the large number of games you played on the OU ladder from the point of the last reset, is inconsistent with this image you adopt of a badass who consistently tops ladders and beats Smogon-tournament winners; to put this in perspective, I had (and still have) a mean Glicko-1 of 1812, 2.4 standard deviations above the mean, on the OU ladder the day the suspect test ended, after having only played nineteen OU matches on that account, yet this was still a fair bit lower than what many tournament players, without even trying, had. A mean Glicko-1 of 1695 after 65-ish games is far more consistent with the profile of a so-so / above-average player than with the profile of a juggernaut, who would have to get haxed to oblivion to lose that frequently with any team that isn't completely ineffective.

While you may also claim that a very large losing streak with an unserious team following procurement of 1700 Elo explains your low rating, this is inconsistent with the fact that there exist two publicly viewable replays of you playing against and losing to mediocre players with your serious team on the day the suspect test ended (the upload dates of these replays read Feb 9, 2014--surprise, surprise, the exact day the suspect test ended!--towards the bottom-left of the screen), which seems inconsistent with your story of a fantastic rating achieved in January that was only worn down by rating decay and a lack of motivation to bring it back up. It is completely consistent with my claim from the previous thread that you were laddering furiously during the (figurative) eleventh hour.

All of this neglects the fact that you were completely on the defensive in that prior thread (from your evasiveness to the "This doubt is silly", lmao), in contrast to your generally confrontational style displayed not just here in FFtF and Serious Discussion (where it is somewhat understandable given your SF reputation), but even on Smogon (where you wrote some hostile posts in spite of the absence of anyone picking on you). If, during our previous exchange, you had this explanation up your sleeve, why hold off on revealing it? Most anyone familiar with your posting style, and your tendency to simply vanish from a thread when argued into a corner, would guess that you had nothing to counter my claims at the time, and needed a clearer head to come up with your rating-decay story in order to feel comfortable going on the offensive again.

And don't kid yourself, I am not not obsessed with you anymore than folks like Constable Reggie, Esau of Isaac, Interceptor, Espinosa, or others are obsessed with any other outrageous person on the Internet. They, like me, simply enjoy screwing with said outrageous persons every so often.

Given the damning timestamps of the two replays, combined with your interest in the team fielded in those replays (as evidenced by the fact that you made a RMT for it), I see no need to continue this exchange.

LOL what a loser. None of this disproves the fact I qualified for the ladder back in the start of January, which I did.

To be fair though, you seem to have misjudged me. Some of the facts you claim are just false. I actually have never topped a ladder except once back in the start of BW on Pokemon Online. I don't really like to ladder much, because it's so luck based. The only time I beat top Smogon players was back in gen 4 where I laddered occasionally (Earthworm is the prime example) which was a very long time ago. I'm not like that anymore, and haven't been for some time.

Edited by Chiki

[...]

[...]

More irony.

Edited by Parrhesia

LOL what a loser. None of this disproves the fact I qualified for the ladder back in the start of January, which I did.

It took you two whole days to come up a rebuttal as flimsy as "LOL loser, true until proven false"? Given that you've made more than one vanity thread on SF, and given that you have in fact been posting elsewhere on SF during these past few days (even making some posts suggesting I've gotten to you), one suspects your absence from this thread was not due to RL stuff, but simply due to a lack of a leg on which to stand. Or to put it another way, if everything you write here were true, given how very persistent you have been at defending yourself in past threads, you would simply have presented an explanation as brief and simple as this much, much sooner.

WRT "LOL loser innocent till proven guilty", I did not claim to have rigorously disproven your general point; since you made the (conveniently for you) now-unfalsifiable claim that you qualified back in January, this is unlike a mathematical proof or a court case, and instead more like a game of mafia, one in which we persuade some hypothetical reader of the correctness of our arguments (and while I am aware that none of our actual readers gives a shit about our discussion, it doesn't change the nature of our game). And while I'm not so knowledgeable in mafia, I'm confident that "LOL loser, true until proven false" doesn't generally fly.

I'll leave the thread now. I am saddened that both the touchy-feely-therapy.com approach and the tough-love approach to making you less hostile have failed.

It took you two whole days to come up a rebuttal as flimsy as "LOL loser, true until proven false"? Given that you've made more than one vanity thread on SF, and given that you have in fact been posting elsewhere on SF during these past few days (even making some posts suggesting I've gotten to you), one suspects your absence from this thread was not due to RL stuff, but simply due to a lack of a leg on which to stand. Or to put it another way, if everything you write here were true, given how very persistent you have been at defending yourself in past threads, you would simply have presented an explanation as brief and simple as this much, much sooner.

WRT "LOL loser innocent till proven guilty", I did not claim to have rigorously disproven your general point; since you made the (conveniently for you) now-unfalsifiable claim that you qualified back in January, this is unlike a mathematical proof or a court case, and instead more like a game of mafia, one in which we persuade some hypothetical reader of the correctness of our arguments (and while I am aware that none of our actual readers gives a shit about our discussion, it doesn't change the nature of our game). And while I'm not so knowledgeable in mafia, I'm confident that "LOL loser, true until proven false" doesn't generally fly.

I'll leave the thread now. I am saddened that both the touchy-feely-therapy.com approach and the tough-love approach to making you less hostile have failed.

oh my god nobody gives a fuck except you