Have your opinion of awakeing changed?

ClassyWolf

Your problem is not with people changing opinions quickly. Your problem is with people changing opinions constantly. Which isn't what's happening here. At all. So stop.

After you feel that there might be some ill will between you and another person, get repeatedly assured by them that there is nothing of the like, only for them to blow up on you several months later.

Get told that you're moving just a few weeks in advance, just when you've established yourself and made some good friends in your current place.

Get told that you're terrible just a few days after they claimed they wanted to be friends with you and thought you were cool.

Work at a street salesman and then keep getting your service or product declined at the very last moment after you've spent several minutes explaining.

Prepare some amazing event that you and your friends agreed on to do, then they suddenly decline without warning or explanation.

Not to mention all those people relapsing after they proudly proclaimed they won't do this negative thing ever again.

Then come back and say that again.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you feel that there might be some ill will between you and another person, get repeatedly assured by them that there is nothing of the like, only for them to blow up on you several months later.

Get told that you're moving just a few weeks in advance, just when you've established yourself and made some good friends in your current place.

Get told that you're terrible just a few days after they claimed they wanted to be friends with you and thought you were cool.

Work at a street salesman and then keep getting your service or product declined at the very last moment after you've spent several minutes explaining.

Prepare some amazing event that you and your friends agreed on to do, then they suddenly decline without warning or explanation.

Not to mention all those people relapsing after they proudly proclaimed they won't do this negative thing ever again.

Then come back and say that again.

Boohoo, what a sob story. Woe is your life. You think you're the only one who has had problems in life? Get real.

I'm still not seeing people constantly changing their opinions on Awakening. One of your posts was "I really have trouble trusting people who keep changing their opinions on a whim like that." Nobody is changing their opinions on the game on a whim and certainly not constantly. So stop because your complaints don't make any sense.

Boohoo, what a sob story. Woe is your life. You think you're the only one who has had problems in life? Get real.

You say that as if having problems in life was a good thing.

Good for you. :)

Edited by Ike-Mike

You say that as if having problems in life was a good thing.

Sure whatever. For some one who demanded paragraphs and essays justifying opinions changes, you sure have failed to provide any evidence that people have changed their opinions on this game on a 'whim' or 'without any reason'.

So who's more trustworthy? Certainly not you.

I'm not entirely sure you even should say that. You and Mike probably talk to completely different people, so saying "nobody" does can be inaccurate.

'Nobody' is an exaggeration. Those kind of people probably do exist though I haven't seen any personally.

Is the hype backlash towards Awakening not evidence enough?

Are the people in this thread who said "I liked the game at first, but now not anymore!" not evidence enough?

So who's more trustworthy? Certainly not those who change their opinion on something because it had the gall to be popular.

I liked the game because it was my first entry in the series. After playing the others, I noticed more of Awakening's flaws, and found it less enjoyable to play than the rest. Hype backlash had nothing to do with it. It's still a decent game, I just have a lot more fun with the rest of the series.

Most people I saw who now dislike Awakening changed their opinions for valid reasons(poor story, balance issues, etc.). I might not agree with their opinion of the game, but it doesn't seem to be a result of hype backlash or an attempt to hate on what's popular in most cases.

Are the people in this thread who said "I liked the game at first, but now not anymore!" not evidence enough?

So who's more trustworthy? Certainly not those who change their opinion on something because it had the gall to be popular.

Hype-backlash is not that simple. It's certainly not about hating something because it's popular. That's something else entirely. Try harder.

Also, pretty much everyone who posted in this thread has given their reasons for their like/dislike here or in any of the other 100 threads that go even slightly into the topic on Awakening's qaulity.

Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons.

Seeing how gamers work (the entire hate towards the Wii phenomenon, CoD, NSMB, the fact that they still haven't caught on that "casual" is just a buzzword, etc.) I'm firmly convinced about that.

You're the one making the assumption that people who criticize the game are acting out of "hype backlash" simply to spite its popularity. If people like that do exist, oh well. If people who haven't played it claim to be a fan of it because it's popular, oh well. As for the specific bunch of people in this thread, everyone is capable of expressing their opinions as to how much they like/dislike FE13 and why. If you find their opinions of a video game "untrustworthy," oh well.

Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons.

That's a pretty bold claim to make without any evidence to back it up. Not that I'm surprised that there's no evidence considering the person making the claim.

No FE game has had an exceptional story, truth be told. All are typically rather predictable with a few exceptions (FE4's Chapter 5 ending comes to mind. I mean, would one have really expected to lose EVERYTHING up to that point?).

But there was at least a higher standard compared to what was done here. Resorting to time travel is a recipe for disaster. Look at Sonic 06's sorry excuse of a story for instance, terrible gameplay aside.

You'll never convince me to dislike Awakening though. The sheer number of support options and whatnot, along with the optional scenarios in the form of DLC (That wasn't already in the game to boot), was great.

That's a pretty bold claim to make without any evidence to back it up.

the entire hate towards the Wii phenomenon, CoD, NSMB, the fact that they still haven't caught on that "casual" is just a buzzword, etc.

I'm done here.

I'm done here.

That's not proof or evidence relating to FE in anyway. Try harder, why don't you? Surely you can manage a little effort? Or is that too much to ask for? Show me some proof that people who changed their opinions did so on a whim or, as you said, "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons."

Oh wait, you can't. Not that I'm surprised anymore.

That's not proof or evidence relating to FE in anyway. Try harder, why don't you? Surely you can manage a little effort? Or is that too much to ask for? Show me some proof that people who changed their opinions did so on a whim or, as you said, "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons."

Oh wait, you can't. Not that I'm surprised anymore.

Where is your proof then?

But there was at least a higher standard compared to what was done here. Resorting to time travel is a recipe for disaster. Look at Sonic 06's sorry excuse of a story for instance, terrible gameplay aside.

Time traveling isn't inherently bad. It can allow all kinds of cool stories. Like "Groundhog Day" for example.

Edited by BrightBow

Where is your proof then?

The burden of proof is on him since he made the claim.

Besides, my proof is this very thread very pretty much everyone gave valid reasons for their like/dislike and that no one acted like the way he says they do.

The burden of proof is on him since he made the claim.

Besides, my proof is this very thread very pretty much everyone gave valid reasons for their like/dislike and that no one acted like the way he says they do.

You are trying to prove what exactly? That people that hate Awakening simply because it got popular don't exist?

'Nobody' is an exaggeration. Those kind of people probably do exist though I haven't seen any personally.

Those kind of people probably do exist

You literally admitted that these people do exist. So what are you trying to prove? What is your argument?

You are trying to prove what exactly? That people that hate Awakening simply because it got popular don't exist?

You literally admitted that these people do exist. So what are you trying to prove? What is your argument?

It's funny that you cut out the "though I haven't see any personally" bit. He made the claim "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons." so he has to prove it.

Yes and that seems to happen in most awakening threads these days.

This isn't an Awakening hate thread.

It's funny that you cut out the "though I haven't see any personally" bit. He made the claim "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons." so he has to prove it.

This isn't an Awakening hate thread.

You are avoiding my question. You acknowledge the fact that these people exist. So why must he prove that he has seen them? Why are you arguing with him? What are you trying to prove?

You are avoiding my question. You acknowledge the fact that these people exist. So why must he prove that he has seen them? Why are you arguing with him? What are you trying to prove?

And you're purposefully being ignorant. He makes a bullshit claim and calls everyone who dislikes the game a liar. I'm calling him out on his bullshit. All he can do is make unrelated comments about unrelated things in a weak attempt at exiting with dignity.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker