HM 112 turns

This playthrough should be pretty much perfect apart from one turn cut in Chapter 2, which would take thousands of tries. I highly doubt any other turns can be shaved.

Video playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ8w77MvvLwqWS_liXlsmvu6pqNtRdTuS

Team:

Ike: A Soren, B Oscar
Marcia: A Tanith, B Kieran
Oscar: A Kieran, B Ike
Kieran: A Oscar, B Marcia

Tanith: A Marcia, B Reyson
Soren: A Ike
Boyd: B Mist
Mist: B Boyd, B Mordecai

Turns:

P: 4 turns  1: 2 turns   2: 4 turns  3: 3 turns
4: 2 turns  5: 6 turns   6: 4 turns  7: 4 turns
8: 8 turns  9: 6 turns   10: 3 turns 11: 3 turns
12: 2 turns 13: 7 turns  14: 2 turns 15: 2 turns
16: 4 turns 17: 15 turns 18: 6 turns 19: 1 turn
20: 2 turns 21: 4 turns  22: 1 turn  23: 3 turns
24: 2 turns 25: 2 turns  26: 2 turns 27: 4 turns
28: 2 turns 29: 2 turns  Total: 112 turns

Top 10:

10. Largo - 3 wins

9. Mordecai - 4 wins

8. Gatrie - 10 wins

7. Kieran - 47 wins

6. Ike - 52 wins

5. Boyd - 54 wins

4. Titania - 58 wins

3. Oscar - 61 wins

2. Marcia - 89 wins

1. Soren - 103 wins

Unit Analysis:

Ike: Not as good as previous runs, mainly because he got replaced by Soren. His 20 magic was still essential in Chapter 23, but once that Sonic Sword got close to breaking he became more of a liability until he got Resolve. I also wish I rigged more resistance levels, since he kept falling asleep due to enemy Sleep staves.

Marcia: Still the best unit in an LTC run, despite Soren getting more kills than her. Boots Marcia is just essential in almost every LTC run due to her gigantic move and breaking able to carry your units around. Her combat is pretty bad though, and I think Boots Jill would have done a lot better in terms of killing enemy units with forged Hand Axes. Then again, recruiting Jill costs a few turns and her speed doesn't let her double some bosses either.

Soren: I'm amazed at how good he was. He was my main Rescue user along with Mist, and my most powerful unit until Resolve + Wrath Ike showed up. He allowed me to 2 turn 24, 25 and 28, among other things. With high crit, Vantage, Adept and Provoke, he was nearly invincible throughout the game, and a very reliable combat unit despite his low durability. His Rescue staff came in handy in a few chapters like 24, 26 and 28. He also allowed me to kill bosses like Bertram and Hafedd without needing to rely on a Marcia crit, and get rid of those laguz in Ike's way on 28.

Titania: My second-best unit overall in terms of turnshaving. Amazing for the first few chapters, but kinda became a liability after that. I think the main reason I had so much more bexp in this run compared to previous runs was because I needed to give less to other units, due to not using Titania as much. Kinda overrated compared to the goddess that is Marcia.

Tanith: Really great flier. She's the only flier I can sacrifice for Chapter 28 (the other being Jill, who I didn't recruit) and she was really handy in Chapters 20 for arriving, 21 for handing Ike to Marcia, 23 for getting Blizzard and 25 for killing a bunch of enemies. She took both of my Energy Drops so she could reliably kill enemies with a forged Javelin in Chapter 25. Her death was essential for the 2 turn in 28.

Oscar: Still a handy, reliable unit, essential for a 4-turn of Chapter 27. The main reason he was trained was because he makes a good pair with Kieran in getting the Resolve scroll.

Kieran: Not anywhere near as good as Oscar due to poorer availability. It amazes me how people can put Kieran above Oscar in a tier list. He's a good unit, but there's barely any differences between him and Oscar apart from availability.

Boyd: He barely did anything. Kinda useless. I trained him for Chapter 25 but he killed like 2 frigging enemies! I don't remember what else he did. He was kind of inconsequential.

Mist: My other Rescue user. She came in handy in chapters like 24 and 27, but it's too bad that her combat really sucks. It would have helped a lot in 24 if it was better, since then I wouldn't have had to give Shade to her and I could've given it to Rhys instead.

Rhys: My only regret is that I didn't level him up and increase his speed a little bit more. I would've had a much easier time trying to get the warrior to attack Tanith that way. Handy for Hammerne uses in 24 and 25 and Rescue in 28. An important unit for any LTC run.

Reyson: One of the best units, maybe right below Marcia or Titania. I'm not sure if he's better than Titania. Essential for any normal LTC run. I wish I gave him some more bexp to increase his avoid a lot more for 28.

Mordecai: The best shover/smite user, especially thanks to his amazing weight. He can even shove/smite promoted Oscar and Kieran. One of the best units in the game.

Muarim: Not nearly as good as Mordecai, but he was still useful once I gave him the Smite scroll.

Lethe: Another good shover, thanks to her high move and weight. Demi Band Muarim is still the better choice for Smite thanks to his higher weight though.

Resource Distribution:

Seraph Robe: Reyson

Speedwings 1 and 2: Reyson

Ashera Icon: Reyson

Shade: Mist

Energy Drop 1 and 2: Tanith

Dracoshield: Marcia

Arms Scrolls 1 and 2: Soren (wind and fire)

Spirit Dust: Soren

Vantage: Soren

Wrath: Ike

Provoke: Soren

Resolve: Ike

BEXP Distribution:

This is all off of the top of my head, so there's likely to be some mistakes. Also, I tend to level up people once if they have like 80-99 exp at the start of a chapter. I won't include those but I'll include the most important distributions.

Chapter 8: Soren (up to 17)

Chapter 9: Soren (up to 20)

Chapter 10: Marcia (up to whatever it says in the video)

Chapter 11: Marcia

Chapter 12: Marcia (up to 17 strength and 20 speed, her benchmarks to kill the boss)

Chapter 16: Ike, Oscar and Kieran (all up to level 20)

Chapter 22: Mist (up to level 17 for capped magic)

Chapter 23: Mist (up to level 3 promoted after using a Master Seal, for 26 magic)

Chapter 24: Rhys (promoted him after getting him to level 10) Reyson (to get his avoid up)

Chapter 25: Tanith (to get her strength up) and Boyd (so he can kill a cat and a sniper)

Chapter 27: Geoffrey (turned out to be useless, give it to Rhys instead)

Chapter 28: Rhys

Overall, I distributed bexp nearly perfectly, apart from the fact that I should have saved some more to give to Rhys.

Important Benchmarks and Items:

1. Ike, Boyd and Soren need to be leveled up well by 7

2. Oscar needs 8 str and 9 spd by 7

3. Soren needs to be promoted some time in 9
4. Oscar needs to be promoted by 17-2 (and Kieran either needs to promote or I need to get the statue frag)
5. Soren needs C in thunder by 22
6. Ike needs 26 strength by 21 and 20 magic by 23
7. Soren needs 30 magic and B staves by 24, as well as very high combat stats by 25
8. Mist needs to cap magic and have B staves by 24
9. Rhys needs to have B staves and high speed by 28
10. Tanith can't have more than 35 hp, 15 def and 16 res by 28
Chapter 1: Steel Sword, Seraph Robe
Chapter 3: Elixir
Chapter 5: Hammer, Ashera Icon, Torch
Chapter 7: Ward, Chest Keys
Chapter 8: Red Gem
Chapter 10: Master Seal, Chest Keys, Door Keys
Chapter 11: Laguzslayer, Dracoshield, Master Seal
Chapter 12: Seraph Robe
Chapter 13: Energy Drop, Speedwings, Laguz Axe
Chapter 14: Vantage, Spirit Dust
Chapter 15: Boots, Physic
Chapter 16: Full Guard
Chapter 18: Wrath, Shade
Chapter 20: Smite, Rescue, Provoke
Chapter 21: Energy Drop
Chapter 22: Bolting
Chapter 23: Hammerne, Blizzard
Chapter 24: Savior
Chapter 27: Resolve

Edited by Chiki

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were on Fixed mode yes. If on Random, I would like to see 111 turns.

Where'd the other turn cut come from? Chapter 2 is practically impossible for humans.

Not sure. Its been a long time but I remember thinking 3 turns could be cut from your playthrough. And no, Chp 2 isn't one of them.

Honestly, I would rather see 100% recruitment Fixed mode LTC than the same thing as your other playthrough with just 1 or 2 turns less.

Not sure. Its been a long time but I remember thinking 3 turns could be cut from your playthrough. And no, Chp 2 isn't one of them.

Honestly, I would rather see 100% recruitment Fixed mode LTC than the same thing as your other playthrough with just 1 or 2 turns less.

I believe there's 2. One from 25 with Soren, and maybe one from 24.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to start recording, but:

dbh5qr.png

I don't have an audio source for some reason.

I figured out some strats to 2 turn 24 and 25 with just Rescue Soren and Vantage Soren respectively, I still need Mist though. Elincia's starting position in 26 is very unfortunate, and she's not even in 28.

Important benchmarks:

1. Ike, Soren and Boyd need to be leveled up well by 7
2. Oscar needs 8 str and 9 spd by 7
3. Soren needs to be promoted some time in 9
4. Oscar needs to be promoted by 17-2 (and Kieran either needs to promote or I need to get the statue frag)
5. Ike needs 20 magic by 22
6. Soren needs 30 magic and B staves by 24
7. Mist needs to cap magic and have B staves by 26
8. Oscar needs to be strong by 27
9. Kieran needs to be strong by 27
10. Rhys needs to have B staves by 28
11. Tanith can't have more than 35 hp and 15 def by 28
12. Ike needs 25 strength by endgame
Important items:
Chapter 1: Steel Sword, Seraph Robe
Chapter 3: Elixir
Chapter 5: Hammer, Ashera Icon, Torch
Chapter 7: Ward, Armorslayer, Miracle (if possible), keep Chest Keys
Chapter 8: Red Gem
Chapter 10: Master Seal, Chest Keys, Door Keys
Chapter 11: Laguzslayer, Dracoshield, Master Seal
Chapter 12: Seraph Robe
Chapter 13: Energy Drop, Speedwings, Occult, Laguz Axe
Chapter 14: Vantage, Spirit Dust, Laguz Lance
Chapter 15: Boots, Statue Frag, Physic
Chapter 16: Full Guard
Chapter 17-4: Adept (if possible)
Chapter 18: Wrath, Shade, Silence (if possible)
Chapter 20: Smite, Rescue, Provoke (if possible)
Chapter 21: Brave Sword (if possible)
Chapter 22: Bolting
Chapter 23: Hammerne, Blizzard
Chapter 24: Savior
Chapter 27: Resolve
Edited by Chiki

I used another chapter attempt for the rest of the playthrough; my Ike got a bad level up here. The strategy was identical. The sound should be better in the future.

Edited by Chiki

This is where it starts to get interesting, since few, if any, have done a 4 turn of Chapter 7 before. Sound got messed up again.

Edited by Chiki

Why is the Ch5 Ashra Icon so necessary? Is the +2 Hit/Avo that crucial?

I intended to give it to Reyson. The chapter 24 and chapter 28 strats are gonna be nasty and will require Reyson to take a lot of hits.

It sells for 4000G for more early forges yo. I'm quite interested in seeing if you pull off the Rescue Soren like I did in that one draft. You have less room for staff spamming due to the nature of this run tho ;/

It sells for 4000G for more early forges yo. I'm quite interested in seeing if you pull off the Rescue Soren like I did in that one draft. You have less room for staff spamming due to the nature of this run tho ;/

Do you know if Mist goes up to C staves from E staves when she promotes? Since the base staff rank of a valkyrie is C staves. If so, that would help a lot since I could just save a Physic staff for Mist and easily get Soren up to B staves by 23.

Do you know if Mist goes up to C staves from E staves when she promotes? Since the base staff rank of a valkyrie is C staves. If so, that would help a lot since I could just save a Physic staff for Mist and easily get Soren up to B staves by 23.

Yeah, she does automatically get to C staves. Watching the vids now. Wow, all those oscar and boyd misses at 80%s in Ch2 >_>

Edited by PKL

I'll double check just to be safe. In that case, I could just save a Physic staff for Mist and use it all up by chapter 26.

I should still train her during chapters to save bexp though.

Edited by Chiki