HM 112 turns

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forged Light tomes are worth almost 30k?! Jesus.

Rhys needs a 1 weight tome so he doesn't get doubled and killed by a warrior. It manipulates the AI so that the warrior goes for Tanith instead, and that makes the 2 turn possible.

I was wondering why you didn't 3 turn Chapter 27 while I was watching the vid. And then I was like, wait, he 3 turned so the 4 turn is a typo. Then I remembered 27-2 counts ;/

I don't wanna sound arrogant or elitist, but this strategy is just damn amazing. I'll copy paste what I wrote on Youtube:

A lot of planning went into this chapter, and a lot of luck is needed. 3 Rescue users were needed. For the warrior to go after Tanith and crucially kill her, Rhys has to have slightly higher avoid than her. I wish I leveled up Rhys a bit more, since it's really important that he has high speed. The only way to do this in my playthrough is to have Tanith with lower avoid than Rhys, which depends on her biorhythm. I had to keep restarting till Tanith had like 1 or 2 avoid points lower than Rhys. Also, the only way Tanith will die is if the warrior and sage both have certain amounts of strength and magic respectively, which means I had to restart even more times for that.
As far as I can see, the only way to 2 turn this chapter on hard mode is probably to have some flier die. This is because a siege tome user is needed to KO the tiger and dragon blocking the way to the boss. For this reason, I kept Tanith relatively weak throughout the playthrough. I didn't allow her to gain any increases in defense, but even then I still needed to rig the warrior and sage's stats so they could kill her.
Other than that, Reyson needs to survive a bunch of attacks and Soren needed to get a crit on that dragon. I'm not sure if the dragon's durability would change with resets to make it more reliable. It's a good thing I had just enough siege tome uses.
I'm wondering what I should do now that the run is over. Should I post thoughts on each character like PKL did? Resource/BEXP distribution? My team?
WOW, Soren's number 1 with 14 more kills than Marcia!! That's amazing. Soren really made most of the difference this run.
Edited by Chiki

Top 10:

10. Largo - 3 wins

9. Mordecai - 4 wins

8. Gatrie - 10 wins

7. Kieran - 47 wins

6. Ike - 52 wins

5. Boyd - 54 wins

4. Titania - 58 wins

3. Oscar - 61 wins

2. Marcia - 89 wins

1. Soren - 103 wins

Unit Analysis:

Ike: Not as good as previous runs, mainly because he got replaced by Soren. His 20 magic was still essential in Chapter 23, but once that Sonic Sword got close to breaking he became more of a liability until he got Resolve. I also wish I rigged more resistance levels, since he kept falling asleep due to enemy Sleep staves.

Marcia: Still the best unit in an LTC run, despite Soren getting more kills than her. Boots Marcia is just essential in almost every LTC run due to her gigantic move and breaking able to carry your units around. Her combat is pretty bad though, and I think Boots Jill would have done a lot better in terms of killing enemy units with forged Hand Axes. Then again, recruiting Jill costs a few turns and her speed doesn't let her double some bosses either.

Soren: I'm amazed at how good he was. He was my main Rescue user along with Mist, and my most powerful unit until Resolve + Wrath Ike showed up. He allowed me to 2 turn 24, 25 and 28, among other things. With high crit, Vantage, Adept and Provoke, he was nearly invincible throughout the game, and a very reliable combat unit despite his low durability. His Rescue staff came in handy in a few chapters like 24, 26 and 28. He also allowed me to kill bosses like Bertram and Hafedd without needing to rely on a Marcia crit, and get rid of those laguz in Ike's way on 28.

Titania: My second-best unit overall in terms of turnshaving. Amazing for the first few chapters, but kinda became a liability after that. I think the main reason I had so much more bexp in this run compared to previous runs was because I needed to give less to other units, due to not using Titania as much. Kinda overrated compared to the goddess that is Marcia.

Tanith: Really great flier. She's the only flier I can sacrifice for Chapter 28 (the other being Jill, who I didn't recruit) and she was really handy in Chapters 20 for arriving, 21 for handing Ike to Marcia, 23 for getting Blizzard and 25 for killing a bunch of enemies. She took both of my Energy Drops so she could reliably kill enemies with a forged Javelin in Chapter 25. Her death was essential for the 2 turn in 28.

Oscar: Still a handy, reliable unit, essential for a 4-turn of Chapter 27. The main reason he was trained was because he makes a good pair with Kieran in getting the Resolve scroll.

Kieran: Not anywhere near as good as Oscar due to poorer availability. It amazes me how people can put Kieran above Oscar in a tier list. He's a good unit, but there's barely any differences between him and Oscar apart from availability.

Boyd: He barely did anything. Kinda useless. I trained him for Chapter 25 but he killed like 2 frigging enemies! I don't remember what else he did. He was kind of inconsequential.

Mist: My other Rescue user. She came in handy in chapters like 24 and 27, but it's too bad that her combat really sucks. It would have helped a lot in 24 if it was better, since then I wouldn't have had to give Shade to her and I could've given it to Rhys instead.

Rhys: My only regret is that I didn't level him up and increase his speed a little bit more. I would've had a much easier time trying to get the warrior to attack Tanith that way. Handy for Hammerne uses in 24 and 25 and Rescue in 28. An important unit for any LTC run.

Reyson: One of the best units, maybe right below Marcia or Titania. I'm not sure if he's better than Titania. Essential for any normal LTC run. I wish I gave him some more bexp to increase his avoid a lot more for 28.

Mordecai: The best shover/smite user, especially thanks to his amazing weight. He can even shove/smite promoted Oscar and Kieran. One of the best units in the game.

Muarim: Not nearly as good as Mordecai, but he was still useful once I gave him the Smite scroll.

Lethe: Another good shover, thanks to her high move and weight. Demi Band Muarim is still the better choice for Smite thanks to his higher weight though.

Edited by Chiki

Three things:

1. I like the explanation behind Chapter 28.

2. Unit analysis was definitely interesting! Never would have thought of doing things like putting Provoke on Soren, of all units.

3. Congratulations on finishing!

The only improvement I can think of is on Chapter 2, where Ike would have to go and get really low% double crits on basically every enemy and dodge everything. Another improvement might be possible on Chapter 7 with a bunch of low% crits again, but I'm not sure of that.

Other than that, I'm pretty confident this is the best that can be done.

All my LTCs are done on console so I can't really do that kind of crazy RNG abuse.

Edited by Chiki

• 2 weeks later...

Threw this onto a Fire Emblem group's FB site, because people were talking about how Rolf and Shinon and Snipers and stuff. If you'd like, I'll pull down my link, but I don't think that this should be hidden from the public.

[spoiler=I'm advertising this thread on FB, I hope you don't mind]GCJcmvc.png

Rolf is by far the most useless unit in any LTC run. Bastian, Lucia, Ulki, Janaff and Ena have some uses (the former two can be used in Chapter 25 while Bastian can be used with siege tomes, Ulki and Janaff have high move and weight shoves, Ena can ORKO Ashnard with bexp). It's beyond me how anyone can think Rolf is useful.

Also, I hope I'll get more views now...

Edited by Chiki