kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa is Toadette + Cat Cruiser a thing?

2:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNsXXeq9Bxs&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg

And I was wondering, do some of the racers have a "special" kart to themselves? By that, I mean how Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, and Yoshi (I might be forgetting some) are depicted using a certain kart in their official art.

Whoa is Toadette + Cat Cruiser a thing?

And I was wondering, do some of the racers have a "special" kart to themselves? By that, I mean how Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, and Yoshi (I might be forgetting some) are depicted using a certain kart in their official art.

There is a cat cruiser car part to unlock and everyone can use not just her.

No characters have special kart parts. Everyone gets the same one. The only changes are the emblems and maybe some of the car part's colors like the mercedez.

There is a cat cruiser car part to unlock and everyone can use not just her.

No characters have special kart parts. Everyone gets the same one. The only changes are the emblems and maybe some of the car part's colors like the mercedez.

I know that.

I meant do certain characters have "canon" kart? Y'know, Luigi's official art depicts him using the Mach 8. (There's a couple, but also in the white loading screen, Luigi is there using the Mach 8).

Luigi_(Mario_Kart_8).png

I know that.

I meant do certain characters have "canon" kart? Y'know, Luigi's official art depicts him using the Mach 8. (There's a couple, but also in the white loading screen, Luigi is there using the Mach 8).

No there aren't. Even promotional artworks don't prove anything.

Yoshi_(Mario_Kart_8).png

mario-kart-8-customization.jpg

This is going to sound really noobish, but how do you change the car part colours?

You can't. He means that the car part colours change depending on the character. Ex, Circuit Special is white and blue on Rosa, but black and purple on Bowser.

So I recently cleared all of 150cc and Mirror Mode with 3 stars to unlock everything that isn't coin-related.

When and where and how are these tournaments you people hold? I want to see if I'm actually good or not.

Hm, op might help me. What is shuffling?

Also:

iR25Bnw.png

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

When and where and how are these tournaments you people hold? I want to see if I'm actually good or not.

Saturdays and Sundays, starting from 1:30 PST to whenever you feel like stopping.

The tournament's code is 4985 - 3463 - 2360.

There's a Tournament section of the Online Play, so go ahead and punch the code in there.

Edited by Gaia

Why do so many people use Rosalina? Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I never thought she was THAT great. xP

And that's three SF people already that use her.

Edited by Anacybele

In Tournaments, you can have 2 or more groups if there are more than 12 players in a tournament. Think of a group as a lobby.

Shuffling basically scrambles the players back and forth in those 2 or more groups in the tournament.

Lets say Shuffling is activated:

if A group has players C D E and B group has F G H

The next race may now be

A group has players F D E and B group has C G H

Think of it as team scramble.

Shuffling is deactivated for the tournament because we usually have less than 12 players and there isn't any point of scrambling players around. This kind of setting is useful for something like official Nintendo Tournament or those infamous Lets Play lobbies where people hope they get to appear in their videos if they join their tournament.

Edited by kingddd

Why do so many people use Rosalina? Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I never thought she was THAT great. xP

http://www.avclub.com/article/all-30-mario-kart-8-characters-reviewed-207500

Rosalina is the best.

(I actually feel a little bad, I mean, I used Toadette in Double Dash and MKWii, but I unlocked Rosalina first this time and just ended up sticking with her)

Funny thing is, I don't think I've ever seen a bad Rosalina player. I've played some random matches online and the Rosalina racers are almost always in the top 3 (and I won most of the races myself). At Irvine Spectrum over the weekend, the only tournament I saw other than my own had two Rosalinas in the final, and one of them won 1st place. And then I won my own as Rosalina.

Rosalina master race? (this is a joke, Ana, don't take it too seriously)

And apparently, Rosalina really is extremely popular online.

In Tournaments, you can have 2 or more groups if there are more than 12 players in a tournament. Think of a group as a lobby.

Shuffling basically scrambles the players back and forth in those 2 or more groups in the tournament.

Think of it as team scramble.

Shuffling is deactivated for the tournament because we usually have less than 12 players and there isn't any point of scrambling players around. This kind of setting is useful for something like official Nintendo Tournament or those infamous Lets Play lobbies where people hope they get to appear in their videos if they join their tournament.

Oh, that's all. I was worried it might be some racing technique I wasn't aware of. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

So I recently cleared all of 150cc and Mirror Mode with 3 stars to unlock everything that isn't coin-related.

Also:

iR25Bnw.png

Yay! Which mii will be you? It'd be nice to know so I could have another person to triple-red shell.

(I actually feel a little bad, I mean, I used Toadette in Double Dash and MKWii, but I unlocked Rosalina first this time and just ended up sticking with her)

Good!

VKvOrJQ.png

Looks like we'll still have only ONE Toadette per tournament! I don't expect to see any copies out there! (Read in snobby girl voice)

So does this mean we'll have 4 Rosalina's?! Be original people! How 'bout some Toad so I have someone to trash not that i don't already!

Edited by Carter

Also:

iR25Bnw.png

lol just an fyi you are already better than me :) i haven't even beat mirror mode yet so you will be fine.

And you should join us in skype chat for obligatory mario kart trash talking

And you should join us in skype chat for obligatory mario kart trash talking

Please don't warn us.

But seriously, if any of you want to join the skype chat, just PM somebody who's in it (Ana, Lenh, MetalSnowman3, Marusu, Quintessence, SakuraFish, BuddyBoy, AAG, DDD, and I IIRC). A lot of tournament regulars don't visit the chat, like Rando and Carter. IMO y'all should be trash talking, it's what makes Mario Kart, Mario Kart.

Please don't warn us.

But seriously, if any of you want to join the skype chat, just PM somebody who's in it (Ana, Lenh, MetalSnowman3, Marusu, Quintessence, SakuraFish, BuddyBoy, AAG, DDD, and I IIRC). A lot of tournament regulars don't visit the chat, like Rando and Carter. IMO y'all should be trash talking, it's what makes Mario Kart, Mario Kart.

Yes Rando and Carter should also join the skype chat.

So there will be 2 rosalina's now to beat up her younger self :(

What do you mean?

When you join a tourney room, your Mii shows up along with everyone else's Miis.

http://www.avclub.com/article/all-30-mario-kart-8-characters-reviewed-207500

Rosalina is the best.

Funny thing is, I don't think I've ever seen a bad Rosalina player. I've played some random matches online and the Rosalina racers are almost always in the top 3 (and I won most of the races myself). At Irvine Spectrum over the weekend, the only tournament I saw other than my own had two Rosalinas in the final, and one of them won 1st place. And then I won my own as Rosalina.

Rosalina master race? (this is a joke, Ana, don't take it too seriously)

And apparently, Rosalina really is extremely popular online.

I dunno, Luigi's death stare is pretty damn awesome. I was like "whoa..." the first time I saw it. :P

But all those Rosalinas must get boring after awhile. I agree with Carter and prefer a little more variety myself...

Good!

VKvOrJQ.png

Looks like we'll still have only ONE Toadette per tournament! I don't expect to see any copies out there! (Read in snobby girl voice)

So does this mean we'll have 4 Rosalina's?! Be original people! How 'bout some Toad so I have someone to trash not that i don't already!

In a way, you kind of dodged a bullet. It's funny, really. When I first got Mario Kart 8, I was all, "Where's Toadette? How do I unlock Toadette?" because I fully planned on continuing to use her. I discovered, of course, that unlocks are random. Rosalina came first, and since she's basically the next character I would play as, I chose her until I got Toadette, but at that point, I'd already found a set up with Rosalina I was comfortable with and wasn't easily able to get one with Toadette, so I stuck with Rosy.

If I had only unlocked Toadette first, I'm pretty sure I would be using her.

When you join a tourney room, your Mii shows up along with everyone else's Miis.

When everyone is selecting a course in online play, you see the mii's of all the other racers.

What's the name of your mii linked to your Wii U?

Oh, that. It's just my Fox Mii. A few people use the account it's on (so the ID isn't purely mine), but when I go online, I make sure to switch it to the main if it isn't already. Which basically means it's always there because no one else will be using the Wii U until Hyrule Warriors is out.

I dunno, Luigi's death stare is pretty damn awesome. I was like "whoa..." the first time I saw it. :P

But all those Rosalinas must get boring after awhile. I agree with Carter and prefer a little more variety myself...

The memes are pretty great, I must admit.

It's actually the Prancer and Cushion Tires. :Kappa:

<3

Oh yeah, I remember this article. I liked how a victory for Shy Guy is "a victory against the hegemony of handed culture," that Toadette "upset the previously assumed androgyny of Toad culture," and "Yoshi in Mario Kart 8 always looks a little stoned to me."