Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I hope a bump is allowed due to being a big news update for this game.

Videos of the new Mario Kart 8 DLC have been posted.

I'm really liking Big Blue and the totally revamped Ribbon Road. The latter was the Super Circuit track I most wanted to see remade (especially with the colourful aesthetics and atmosphere it had in Super Circuit) and Big Blue because I'm an F-Zero fan and the jazz Big Blue remix is beautiful.

That's so awesome! I'm liking Isabelle and Villager too, glad Villager has the two gender variations (btw, can you get that female ponytail in New Leaf?).

BABY PARK! I wonder if it'll keep it's 7-lap requirement. I'd just wish they added something new to it, though. It looks beautiful in all, and I like how it's all in hovering mode, but I feel like they could've added a glide part somewhere, or at least a ramp extending like Music Park does (the park that leads into the giant flopping music notes). One could be normal, one could be a ramp.

And the Big Blue music is pretty cool too.

Baby Park, Big Blue, Ribbon Road, the Woods track and Cheese Land have me so excited.

Disappointed to see that Neo Bowser City is pretty much the same but oh well.

I feel like with Big Blue, Mute City and 200cc, F-Zero is officially dead.

Edited by stick

These new tracks look awesome to me too. ^^

We ought to revive the tourney when the new DLC comes out!

I would be interested in doing a tourney when it comes out I just need the money to get it.

Why had it to be Baby Park they brought back... <.< now we have 2 incredible boring tracks in the game...

the other Retros however are looking awesome, it's amazing what they made out of those flat GBA courses. Neo Bowser City looks kinda the same as in MK7 though, which isn't that bad imo, since it was already great back then.

I hope we can revive the tourney once more when the DLC is out; I would love to race against my old rivals again and show them the dread of Bowser.

When we get back to the tourney, I'll really be torn between Toadette and Isabelle! And then Villager running in as a third option! I'm even torn between the gender options!

Out of the DLC tracks, I think I'm most excited for Baby Park, Wild Woods, Animal Crossing... heck I'm in love with pretty much all of them, except for Neo Bowser City and Cheese Land! Ribbon Road wasn't exciting to me at first, but after seeing GameXplain's comparison between the MK8 and GBA version, I'm super hyped for it.

I'm surprised with the selection of Neo Bower City. I didn't really like it in the 3DS version, but MK8 might change my mind. I hated Wario's Gold Mine in the Wii, but I absolutely adore it on the Wii U.

It seems like people who dislike/hate baby park like/love neo bowser city, and people who like/love baby park dislike/hate neo bowser city. Personally, I'm don't mind either track. Anyone else really excited for 200cc?

After watching some videos on 200cc, I too am worried about how crazy it could go.

Unlike the other speeds, this one is REALLY over the top. 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, I feel like were just tiny speed boosts ahead of each other, but 200cc, wow... it's enough to make you SKIP an entire ramp or dirt section (like the boat in Toad Harbor or gravel in the gliding section in Dolphin Shoals).

Yeah, that shit looks as insane as F-Zero gameplay, I swear. o.o I'm afraid to try it myself.

nah F-Zero gets way worse when you exploit its wonky physics engine.

But anyway for the tourney do you guys want to do it the next saturday April 25th? Same time as usual? 1pm PST?

Yeah, that shit looks as insane as F-Zero gameplay, I swear. o.o I'm afraid to try it myself.

Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYGhy37ghqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMWhUb2H7s

(Compare how fast the track flies underneath the player)

I still want item customization though. Could you imagine 200cc with only gold mushrooms? It would almost be moderately comparable!

Edited by Zera

Err, I wouldn't want to play 200cc either. No thank you!

Two more days until DLC release! I'm so excited! And this time, it's got better characters and tracks! Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser, wow! And that Animal Crossing stage, it's looks beautiful! It's so weird because one of the tracks I'm most excited for is Baby Park; one of the most unoriginal, simple, and boring (in layout) track ever. Too bad it's too pretty, or I wouldn't love it so much! I already loved the original, and I'm glad to see the 7-lap count returning again!

The tournament date is this Saturday 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST? I hope I can make it, but I might end up going biking with friends that Saturday... hopefully the racing will be going on for hours, right? I do not want to miss any more than I might already!

Err, I wouldn't want to play 200cc either. No thank you!

Two more days until DLC release! I'm so excited! And this time, it's got better characters and tracks! Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser, wow! And that Animal Crossing stage, it's looks beautiful! It's so weird because one of the tracks I'm most excited for is Baby Park; one of the most unoriginal, simple, and boring (in layout) track ever. Too bad it's too pretty, or I wouldn't love it so much! I already loved the original, and I'm glad to see the 7-lap count returning again!

The tournament date is this Saturday 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST? I hope I can make it, but I might end up going biking with friends that Saturday... hopefully the racing will be going on for hours, right? I do not want to miss any more than I might already!

I like the shortcut changes they did add to baby park and the music gets faster in each lap instead of the final lap making the races even more intense. Although I'm gonna hate battling CPUs on that map. It never gave me good memories during the time of double dash's higher difficulty CPUs and blue shells.

What engine class is normally used for the tournament?

150 cc with DLC track. It's been posted on the front page.