Mario Kart 8

kingddd

it was a joke. You know, because Rosalina is from Mario Galaxy?

Yes, I know where she's from. But how was I supposed to know you were joking? xP

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well okay then. xP

Unlocked Iggy. But it turns out I'm rustier than I thought since my MKWii days. I barely managed to get a first place trophy in 150cc. I was able to star rank most of them back in the Wii game. xP

I also have trouble maintaining control at high speeds sometimes though. And sometimes I get barreled with a bunch of items at once. Man that's annoying. >_<

I did my first set of online races yesterday, and I'm suprised that I did rather well (2nd-5th). I'm really suprised at how common Rosalina was (there's literally 3-5 of them in the races I did). There were also multiple Marios and Luigis, but that doesn't suprise me too much, since it's Mario and Luigi we're talking about. I was also pleasantly suprised to see Bowser being more common than I thought (no doubles of him, but there was one in most of the races I did). I thought for sure most people wouldn't bother with the heaviest characters, since item havoc and bad acceleration are a really bad combination. Though the Bowser and Morton that I saw online with full top speed parts sure proved me otherwise...

By the way guys, no need at all to touch 50cc and 100cc anymore, as Star Ranks now stack with the lower difficulties. That is, if you 3-Star Mushroom Cup on 150cc, it'll count as a 3-Star rank for 50cc and 100cc.

Mirror Mode is completely separate, though.

Really? Good to know, though even if I knew that beforehand, I'd have still went through the earlier cc's just so I wouldn't be all angry from 150cc's difficulty. I prefer to ease myself into games with the easier modes/opponents first, even if it's a series I'm a gaming veteran in.

I'm guessing the trophies from 150cc also carry over from 50cc and 100cc? Because if they don't, you'd still technically need to do them for 100% completion.

Also wat? So I've wasted my time o.O

RAEG

Hardly. Practice and character unlocks aside, you got plenty of coin collecting and part unlocking done. Also, you need 10,000 coins to unlock the last coin based part (15,000 if you don't want to beat all 32 Time Trail ghosts).

I'm feeling curious, so what kart setups do you guys use the most? I use the Flame Rider and Slim wheels, along with whatever glider I feel like using (Rosalina).

I like the sport bike with blue wheels and the glider!

I wish the game hadn't cut the wild wing kart from MKWii though, I loved that thing. :(

I generally use the Sports/Jet/Yoshi Bike because I love the inward drift, with Slim wheels and ZOMG THE CLOUDS THEY'RE AWFULLY CUTE o3o

I always like default setup because I like balance.

Or this, but mainlynon Karts. Otherwise, Karts with high Acceleration and Handling. I prefer slim and swift karts rather than heavy and with high speed e_e

I usually use characters between and including the 2nd lightest group and the 3rd heaviest group, and I usually stick with either balanced parts or high top speed/weight parts. I've actually been straying away from lighter parts/characters now since I realize they aren't very good to use in 150cc CPU races or online races. More speed/weight focused parts in 150cc really help get me a huge lead from the CPUs and I don't have to deal with their item onslaughts as often since top speed setups get me that far ahead of them (even to the point where I keep my lead despite getting hit by a blue shell). As for not liking using lightweight characters online, I actually got pushed off the road quite often and into walls/trees/off track as Toadette just an hour ago, and I was using the Gold Kart and Tires.

Also, I've finally triple star ranked all 32 cups!! It sure took a while to do, especially since freak shell hits messed me up quite badly. I didn't get any special message, but I'm just glad I did it and have a practically complete file.

All I just need to do now is get those 10,000 coins for the Gold Glider, then I'll be showing off my full Gold Kart set online like crazy. On a side note, coins gotten in online count towards the total required for parts, right? Because if it doesn't, I'm going to have to lay off the online (even if I am having a blast with it) and do loads of local multiplayer with my siblings.

All I just need to do now is get those 10,000 coins for the Gold Glider, then I'll be showing off my full Gold Kart set online like crazy. On a side note, coins gotten in online count towards the total required for parts, right? Because if it doesn't, I'm going to have to lay off the online (even if I am having a blast with it) and do loads of local multiplayer with my siblings.

They count. I unlocked a lot of parts playing today's and yesterday's tournaments.

It also might just be better to play with your siblings though, as you can earn up to 4x as much.

Edited by Gaia

yes I got all my car parts through online. You'll get the message in the online menu if you exit out of a lobby and pass a coin mark. I already passed my 2800 coin mark last weekend but I still don't know how much I earned this passed weekend. It really sucks cause Mario Kart 7 has a coin counter but not in 8 which makes no sense.

If that DLC leak is true, that's pretty awesome. We're finally getting E. Gadd and Kamek, two of the most requested Mario Kart characters. Also, I strangely don't mind Plessie being in (despite being way too big in his normal size form), since he was that awesome in Super Mario 3D World.

yes I got all my car parts through online. You'll get the message in the online menu if you exit out of a lobby and pass a coin mark. I already passed my 2800 coin mark last weekend but I still don't know how much I earned this passed weekend. It really sucks cause Mario Kart 7 has a coin counter but not in 8 which makes no sense.

They count. I unlocked a lot of parts playing today's and yesterday's tournaments.

It also might just be better to play with your siblings though, as you can earn up to 4x as much.

Online coins count? Thanks! I guess I'm underestimating how long getting 10,000 coins takes then, especially considering I was mostly doing 4 player during the first two days of having the game and unlocking multiple parts after one cup.

Doing 4 player racing with my siblings will have to wait until next weekend, since it's June and they've got year end projects and exams they need to be fully focusing on during the week days.

Ooh, I hope that's real, Professor E. Gadd is awesome. I'll definitely use him if it's legit!

But again, no Bowser Jr.? :/

Edited by Anacybele

leaked DLC. Take it with a grain of salt for now.

This leaked DLC looks cool, so I'd be happy if it's real. Of course no Bowser Jr. is still weird, especially since Birdo would be back. Although I can certainly see Dry Bones and Bowser, Honey Queen, and Funky gone sadly.

Honey Queen? When was she ever in Mario Kart? I unlocked everyone in the Wii game, she wasn't there. Or was she in Mario Kart 7, which I didn't play much of because I decided I prefer this series on a home console?

Honey Queen? When was she ever in Mario Kart? I unlocked everyone in the Wii game, she wasn't there. Or was she in Mario Kart 7, which I didn't play much of because I decided I prefer this series on a home console?

To be honest a lot of characters were cut on the 3DS version because they had to create new character models just like the Wii U version which is why you don't see a lot of returning characters in 8.

adyc.png

Just unlocked the Gold Kart. Only 4 more cups until I three star everything, too (2 in 150CC, 2 in Mirror).

Also, I was talking to one of my friends about how some karts have the exact same stats. He said they had different hitboxes, which I'm pretty sure is just bull. He also doesn't have the game either though, so I'm not exactly gonna trust him. So what do you guys say? I'm pretty damn sure they all have the same hitboxes.