Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I was talking to one of my friends about how some karts have the exact same stats. He said they had different hitboxes, which I'm pretty sure is just bull. He also doesn't have the game either though, so I'm not exactly gonna trust him. So what do you guys say? I'm pretty damn sure they all have the same hitboxes.

Well, I'm quite confident that karts and bikes have generally different hitboxes between the two of them in Mario Kart 8, I'm sure of that much. As for different hitboxes between the kart type vehicles, I'd say the hitbox differences are negligible enough

Though in Mario Kart Wii, I'm very sure that even between different vehicles of the same type (as in, kart or bike) and size class there's a huge difference between some of them. I should know since I used Honeycoupe and Jetsetter in Time Trials a lot (I absolutely refuse to use bikes since I'm a Mario "Kart" purist, though I do make one exception for the GBA Shy Guy Beach in Wii since I couldn't unlock the expert ghost with any of the karts no matter how hard I tried) and I definitely had a harder time with the Jetsetter since it was so much larger than the Honeycoupe (which is probably the smallest of the large karts). Not only did the Jetsetter's large size make it harder to avoid obstacles, but going offroad was much more common due to the vehicles large size.

Anyways, back to Mario Kart 8, between vehicle classes (kart/bike/ATV) and kart sizes from characters, there's definitely a significant difference. Though between vehicle classes themselves of the same character size class, I'd say the hitbox difference is negligible enough.

Luigi got on Fox News because of his stare!

Weirdness: Luigi's Mario Kart 8 "Death Stare" is deemed noteworthy by Fox News

Way to go, Luigi! :D

I saw that a week ago, but I still find it quite awesome and funny, especially when she does the replay.

I find it weird that she referred to Waluigi as "the other racer." I know that Waluigi isn't one of those gaming characters that are known by ~80% of the world's population, but I should think that news reporters would at least be told by others or they'd look up themselves the names of "other racers."

Old hat just means it's out of style, or that it's been seen or done many times that it's no longer interesting.

Oh, I see now.

But Amiibo for MK8, I can't wait! :D

Amiibo is probably DLC.

Like buy the figures of the DLC characters and that's how you download them.

I personally would like it if there is an option for a cheaper download version for DLC characters without having to buy the figure.

Edited by kingddd

Figure and downloading it would probably cost the same.

Actually I could see the figure being less expensive to encourage people to get Amiibo figures.

I finally got Mario Kart 8! Yeah, a little late compared to everyone else... but it's a great game!

Order of unlocking:

Pink Gold Peach

Morton

Iggy

Lakitu

Toadette

Ludwig

Rosalina

Mii

I still have to unlock Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, and the rest of the Koopalings.

I finally got Mario Kart 8! Yeah, a little late compared to everyone else... but it's a great game!

Order of unlocking:

Pink Gold Peach

Morton

Iggy

Lakitu

Toadette

Ludwig

Rosalina

Mii

I still have to unlock Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, and the rest of the Koopalings.

Yaay gr8 Carter, you can always get online and join the sf tournament although it's been inactive

Any word on the WiiU bricking glitch if there is a fix for it yet?

While I don't have a WiiU yet... and with my luck flaw... I'd rather not take a chance.

Also...

[spoiler=YES POSE LIKE A JOJO]

DK+-+JoJo.jpeg

Ehhh... no face though.

tumblr_n177spLJEC1s4rmo4o1_400.gif

tumblr_n177spLJEC1s4rmo4o2_400.png

tumblr_n177spLJEC1s4rmo4o3_r1_1280.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

While I don't have a WiiU yet... and with my luck flaw... I'd rather not take a chance.

People discovered it's more of a defective Wii U that caused it. Not a Mario Kart 8 problem. The latest firmware should of already addressed this issue already. Honestly out of the few cases of the 1.2 million users most of us had no issues.

Edited by kingddd

Unlocked order that I got: Morton, Wendy, Roy, Lemmy, Iggy, Lakitu, Baby Rosalina, Larry, Mii, and Metal Mario. And also, I did uploaded eight videos from Mario Kart 8 to YouTube from Mushroom Cup and Flower Cup 100cc.

I think so? I didn't find any problems from my Wii U when I was playing Mario Kart 8.

Edited by King Marth 64

Nice. =D

Has there been any news on its stats? I haven't been able to find any news on what the Mercedes Benz boosts/lowers, though I have a feeling it'll be considered neutral like the Standard Kart/Prancer in order to have it be accessible and easy to use, in order to advertise the Mercedes brand in the best way possible.

People discovered it's more of a defective Wii U that caused it. Not a Mario Kart 8 problem. The latest firmware should of already addressed this issue already. Honestly out of the few cases of the 1.2 million users most of us had no issues.

Good to hear. I suspected it was the freezing/bricking problem was based more on the type of Wii U than simple luck, seeing how the people that did have problems with it either had it freeze/brick on them really early or had it freeze on them constantly. Seeing how it's either an early/constant freezing problem or there's simply no freezing at all (the latter being the case for abour 95% of people), I highly doubt that the freezing/bricking is luck based.

I need to get back in this game soon lol. I'd been too busy finishing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (which I did, yay!). But I've got more unlockables to get in MK8 yet!

And I've had no freezing or nothing, so my Wii U is safe, yay.

I need to get back in this game soon lol. I'd been too busy finishing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (which I did, yay!). But I've got more unlockables to get in MK8 yet!

Yeah, I should too. Been playing way too much Monster Hunter.

I still don't fully understand how tournaments work (haven't done one), but just throwing this out there: would you guys be down for a tournament against some people from FES/other Fire Emblem forums? Just some friendly games with a little spice/competitive kick or something. Depending on the flexibility of these tournaments we might be able to have something fun happen. *shrug*

I still don't fully understand how tournaments work (haven't done one), but just throwing this out there: would you guys be down for a tournament against some people from FES/other Fire Emblem forums? Just some friendly games with a little spice/competitive kick or something. Depending on the flexibility of these tournaments we might be able to have something fun happen. *shrug*

Tournaments are like community groups in Mario kart 7. Essentially you create a Mario Kart community and then you advertise this Group/Tournament is for these kinds of people. This allows people to join this specific group without ever having to worry about adding people to your friends list and joining the game together. It's like creating a lobby essentially. When you create a group in Mario Kart 7 you can set the style of races like should it be 150cc only with items etc.

However Mario Kart 8 improves this feature by instead of naming it community group, they called it a tournament group. Instead of just creating a community group, you can now schedule a timeframe of the community group. Like say set on weekends only or have it set to this specific time. This means that if you play in this specific group, you can earn group tournament points. If you don't play within that scheduled timeframe your tournament points won't count. So if the tournament is set to weekends only timeframe, I can still join the group with other players too on the weekdays but it won't count tournament points.

As you can see in the video below you can set the race types like tilt controls only, battle mode only, items off etc....

Now the main kicker of course is actually informing the people of when should the tournament start or when to join the group which is what the community should organize.

I've already set up a tournament group for the Serenes Forest Group. However the permissions and the settings to this group can only be changed from me but I can't be sure so I'll have to double check. So if you want me to change this groups settings, I can do that but of course the main kicker to play the tournament or players joining the group is to know who is playing and when and we have to get together to make this possibility or else it will be just a bunch of people joining in the group and leaving without saying anything.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47103&p=3018800

Ugh, I fucking give up.

You guys must use cheats or something to win 150cc cups and star rank them. Because it's looking impossible for me. I'm always getting knocked around and hit with items, especially right at the goal when I'm about to win a race. And I never get any good items. I almost always get the Piranha plant when I'm in a bad spot.

I did get one first place trophy, but because of dumb luck I think.

Ugh, I fucking give up.

You guys must use cheats or something to win 150cc cups and star rank them. Because it's looking impossible for me. I'm always getting knocked around and hit with items, especially right at the goal when I'm about to win a race. And I never get any good items. I almost always get the Piranha plant when I'm in a bad spot.

I did get one first place trophy, but because of dumb luck I think.

I always found it pretty annoying to beat, but I eventually got it.

But I played with my brother to ensure that someone has my back. It guarantees that no one will hit me with a red shell (of course, unless it somehow passes him). You must've gotten a lot of extra parts though.

I usually use Daisy or Ludwig, mainly because middle-weights usually have a lot of balance. Not too slow (like the babies), and they have pretty good acceleration.

I've learned my lesson NOT to use Toadette / Toad when racing 150cc Cups. They're SO SLOW. Still, I love them since they're so cute! I play as Toadette when my brother, sister, and I play against each other with CPUs.

I play as Daisy and Luigi, so the middleweight thing is no issue.

I do have a lot of parts, yeah. :P

But I can't unlock anymore characters unless I get a trophy (because I unlocked someone with a third place trophy and I didn't unlock anyone if I ended up in fourth place or worse). :(

Oh, and I play alone. I never have anyone to play with unless I play online. My brother doesn't play my games with me anymore. So yeah... ;_;

Edited by Anacybele

Doesn't playing any CC unlock characters though?

I'm not sure, I just assume. Because my brother and I unlocked our first 8 characters by doing 150cc.

Later, my brother had so much homework, so my sister and I got the last 6 by doing 50cc.