Games you like but most people hate

xblade

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm series. Don't let the brand name fool you, the game is a lot of fun and much better than the original source material. The cutscenes and animation are great even though it has a lot of QTE in story mode, the visuals and presentations are so much better than the manga and show. The games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the original source material.

Edited by kingddd

Most people seem to dislike Super Paper Mario. That's the only one I can think of on my list. xP I loved it to death because the story was amazing, I loved the idea of switching between 2D and 3D, it gave Luigi a really interesting role, it gave more playable characters, and it also felt so nostalgic because of the throwbacks to the original Super Mario Bros. :D

the PS2 version of Crash Nitro Kart? idk where it stands in terms of being hated but still

when it comes to criticising and deriding the post-Naughty Dog Crash games i'm pretty much always gonna be first in line, but holy hell CNK is actually a legitimately good racer and does a fantastic job of recapturing the frenetic cartoony feel which made the Naughty Dog era so special. frankly, i enjoy it far more than any Mario Kart title

(as a full-on guilty pleasure, though? basically any Star Wars-branded game. the entire franchise is a guilty pleasure for me at this point)

Edited by bookofholsety

Star Fox Adventure + Star Fox Assault. God how much I played these games with my friends

This!

I love the Zelda feel that Adventures had and the environment of Sauria (Dinosaur Planet) was downright gorgeous for a gamecube game. I like the Saurian language too. And Assault had an ok storyline with cool unlockables, but I loved playing multiplayer the most with my siblings; my brother always crushed me on land battles, but I always destroyed him on sky battles, so it was pretty even. Kinda sad that the only other Starfox game we got after was the terrible Command, which I refuse to believe is canon to the series, so Assault is the last game in my book. Hope they revive it someday....

Mario Sunshine and Sonic Heroes were other favorites of mine; I never quite understood why they were disliked though.

Yeah, I love Sonic Heroes. over 99 hours I played that game to death when I was younger lol.

I don't know why people hated it so much. I guess people didn't really like having to do 4 Playthroughs to get the final story?

I don't like that either, but it didn't ruin the game for me

I never quite understood why they were disliked though.

I hate Sunshine because it throws you into an overworld and then expects you to find everything with no help. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing and the game didn't give you a single hint as to where to go or what to do next. I couldn't enjoy it because of that. I'm not saying a game should hold your hand, but I think it SHOULD provide at least a few hints.

I don't think most people hate those games, but I like Skyward Sword and Shadow Dragon more than most people who have played them.

Edited by Nobody

I hate Sunshine because it throws you into an overworld and then expects you to find everything with no help. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing and the game didn't give you a single hint as to where to go or what to do next. I couldn't enjoy it because of that. I'm not saying a game should hold your hand, but I think it SHOULD provide at least a few hints.

I never had much difficulty with finding out what to do, since the beginning of the level pans over the "hotspot" of what you should be looking at right before you start, and there's usually a subtle, if not completely blatant hint in the title of the episode. And if I still managed to be unclear of what to do at that point, the NPCs usually have lines that should point you in the right direction if you bother talking with them. What I DID have difficulty with was usually the execution of some levels, particularly the "secret of" levels since they require decent platforming skills (sans the platforming crutch which is FLUDD) that I was lacking when I was younger and first played the game. It has gotten a lot easier as I grew older and got better at platforming.

I don't think most people hate those games, but I like Skyward Sword and Shadow Dragon more than most people who have played them.

I really loved Skyward Sword; gameplay might be a bit wonky at times, but for the most part I liked it, and even if I didn't the stunning art and design would've been enough. About the only thing I despised was the Silent Realms. I hate, hate, HATE being chased and having to run from some unknown menace (one of my biggest trigger fears) and the accompanying graphics and music when being chased only made it worse (It got so bad at one point I had to have my brother play some of them for me). I also dislike time limits, which combined made for a very unpleasant experience and might deter me from playing again in the near future. But everything else was swell!

Shadow Dragon, while being among my least favorite of the games, wasn't really bad IMHO. It just wasn't nearly as interesting as the others, in gameplay or dialogue, and therefore didn't hold my interest for very long. And I don't like even the implication of sacrificing units to gain others.

Star Fox Adventure + Star Fox Assault. God how much I played these games with my friends

I personally loved Adventures to death(even though I understand the complaints fans of the original game had toward it)

Most people seem to dislike Super Paper Mario. That's the only one I can think of on my list. xP I loved it to death because the story was amazing, I loved the idea of switching between 2D and 3D, it gave Luigi a really interesting role, it gave more playable characters, and it also felt so nostalgic because of the throwbacks to the original Super Mario Bros. :D

The major problem I had with Super Paper Mario was that it took the series away from it's turn-based roots, something that I really liked in the previous games. It still a good game, but I don't like it as much as TTYD.

I never had much difficulty with finding out what to do, since the beginning of the level pans over the "hotspot" of what you should be looking at right before you start, and there's usually a subtle, if not completely blatant hint in the title of the episode. And if I still managed to be unclear of what to do at that point, the NPCs usually have lines that should point you in the right direction if you bother talking with them. What I DID have difficulty with was usually the execution of some levels, particularly the "secret of" levels since they require decent platforming skills (sans the platforming crutch which is FLUDD) that I was lacking when I was younger and first played the game. It has gotten a lot easier as I grew older and got better at platforming.

I think the only 'problem' I had with sunshine was that after a while, I didn't know how to get to Pianta Village and Sirena Beach. But I felt some real sense of achievement when I did find them.(other wise the 'secret of' levels could be a real pain). I didn't go back to the game since then, so maybe I would have an easier time.

I really loved Skyward Sword; gameplay might be a bit wonky at times, but for the most part I liked it, and even if I didn't the stunning art and design would've been enough. About the only thing I despised was the Silent Realms. I hate, hate, HATE being chased and having to run from some unknown menace (one of my biggest trigger fears) and the accompanying graphics and music when being chased only made it worse (It got so bad at one point I had to have my brother play some of them for me). I also dislike time limits, which combined made for a very unpleasant experience and might deter me from playing again in the near future. But everything else was swell!

Skyward Sword is peculiar for me since it's the only Zelda game I replayed immediately after beating it, even though I don't think I like it better than the other Zelda games I've beaten. I liked the silent realms since I considered them better versions of TP's tears of light collectathon (and your reaction reminds me of what my friend did when she played OoT. Every time a Wall master would appear, she would pause the game and give me the controller XD)

The only game I can think of right now that I liked but that others disliked is Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube (and I don't even know if it was really hated that much).

^ I really loved playing Crystal Chronicles, since I played with my siblings; there are four of us, so we got to play as the four races together (I was usually the Lilty vanguard). I'll admit its not as fun playing alone, but its still a fun game to play in general. Sad that we haven't got another game quite like it; while FFX was my first main game, Crystal Chronicles was the first game I played with the Final Fantasy subtitle, and it holds a special place in my heart.

^ I really loved playing Crystal Chronicles, since I played with my siblings; there are four of us, so we got to play as the four races together (I was usually the Lilty vanguard). I'll admit its not as fun playing alone, but its still a fun game to play in general. Sad that we haven't got another game quite like it; while FFX was my first main game, Crystal Chronicles was the first game I played with the Final Fantasy subtitle, and it holds a special place in my heart.

I really need to get back to Crystal Chronicles since I never officially beat it and I still want to get the ultimate weapons/armors xp. I played it mostly solo, though my brother and aforementioned friend played with me sometimes (we only had 2 GBA, so we took turns) and I must admit that it was pretty fun to play as a group.

Our favorite games to play mulltiplayer were Banjo-tooie shoot-out and gauntlet for N64 though

I was personally pretty disappointed with Crystal Bearers on the Wii. It was the same universe but didn't play at all like its predecessor.

Around the age of seven, Super Mario Sunshine was an amazing game to run around and explore. I still go back and replay it. Yeah, some of the events and what to do was unclear, but through time and exploration, I learned and the game was a blast.

SHADOW DRAGON and the Agarest series. I don't give a crap if the latter is marketed towards dudes, the gameplay is interesting, dammit!

I like Mario Sunshine. Is it really hated that much?

I have a few games that I enjoy, but recall at one point that they were generally disliked(notably pretty much all of the post-MMX1 Megaman games).

Also, I liked Wind Waker before it was cool to like Wind Waker.

I really liked Final fantasy IV: the after years, but I heard plenty of complaints about the tittle. The story was a little mediocre, but I thought it was interesting to see the interactions between the ages characters. It also features the biggest cast of playable characters in the entire series and it has a rather fun boss rush at the end.

I don't think most people "hate" Super Mario Sunshine, at least according to Metacritic.

Super Mario Sunshine Meta Score: 92

Super Mario Sunshine User Score: 85

@Anacybele Doesn't every mission always start with a camera pan towards your goal? I never got lost in Sunshine. Except for those blue coins.

Final Fantasy 13

Starfox Assault

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Command

Every Sonic game from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle onwards

Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak

Hamtaro Rainbow Rescue

Mario Super Sluggers

It isn't a crime to like things, so I don't feel guilty at all.