SSB4 Rumour Compilation Thread

Randoman

I thought I'd make a separate topic for this, so people won't have to dig through the huge SSB4 thread for links to the rumours.

Anyways, here are the rumours in question:

Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being playable in SSB4

Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, and Chorus Men being playable in SSB4

Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and R.O.B. Cut from SSB4 (needs a link)

48 Playable Characters in SSB4 and 4 Cuts

Feel free to provide better links to the rumours or discuss the rumours in general.

Also, I'm going to quote myself from the SSB4 rumours regarding the connection/lack of conflict between the rumours:

Speaking of rumours, I noticed quite an overlap with the "Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and R.O.B. cut from SSB4" rumour and the "48 characters with 4 cuts for SSB4" rumour. With Charizard being confirmed without the Pokemon Trainer, that implies Ivysaur and Squirtle will be cut. If you add Snake and R.O.B. from the first rumour, you get 4 cut characters (when you count individual playable Pokemon as separate characters) in all: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and R.O.B. So basically, that would make both rumours true.

I guess it'd be too early to tell for sure if those 4 will actually get cut, but it's another thing to watch out for, regarding watching rumours come true and seeing if they hold any weight based on how they compare with future reveals.

What's also strange is how much the various rumours aren't contradicting each other, and in fact connect with each other quite well. If the "48 characters and 4 cuts" rumour is true, then we're getting 35 veterans (since Brawl had 39 taking ZSS, Sheik, and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon into account as separate characters), which leaves us with 13 characters as newcomers.

Also, if we throw in that "Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, and Chorus Men" rumour (already accounting for Little Mac, the first 3 newcomers, and Greninja being revealed) into the "48 characters and 4 cuts" rumour, that potentially means that the leaker is right about 11 of the 13 newcomers. Rosalina is the only newcomer currently that the leaker didn't know about, so that potentially leaves us with one more newcomer.

...yeah, I know most of you would say "you're putting way too much weight into the rumours," though since we likely won't be getting any major Smash news until E3 and the rumours have been holding some truth in them, I can't help but think they're our best bet as to figuring out what Sakurai hasn't shown yet (especially since no one would've guessed someone like Wii Fit Trainer being in).

Smashboards has an extensive and well-organized list of rumors you could look at. This is a good start though. :)

Thanks, though I'm wanting to keep it to plausible and/or "not yet disproven" rumours for this thread, since there's not much reason to post rumours that have officially been disproven as of now. The Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii rumour I'm keeping on here despite those three not being shown at E3 2013, since all of those three could still be playable despite not being shown at E3 2013 (Little Mac is confirmed, so the other two might be in the future as well).

I should probably post a link to the Smashboards Rumours thread.

I'm suprised I didn't see the "Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and R.O.B. cut from SSB4" rumour on the Smashboards rumour compilation. I saw it mentioned quite a bit in our (as in SF's) SSB4 thread, so I thought they'd have something about it in their rumour list.

Can I start a rumor? ...I presume it's probably not okay given that the rumor I would start is like 90% wishful thinking lol

Hopefully we can find some good ones.

Smashboards has an extensive and well-organized list of rumors you could look at. This is a good start though. :)

I should point out that the rumour thread was just locked and destickied. Best not to use it as a reference as it's been out of date for a long time and won't be updated in the future.

Oh, I hadn't known that. Guess it's not reliable anymore then. :P

As for that PT/Snake/ROB rumor, it was posted on Zelda Universe.net somewhere. But I can't recall at all which thread or anything, so I can't dig it up, I'm afraid.

I don't think the second 'tip' is anything to consider. They're basically just suggesting the most popular Western picks (Pauletna, Shulk and Chrom) and then adding in a really wacky one (Chorus Men) to make it seem legit. Similarly, why would someone who has access to Nintendo's insides simply state 'Pokemon' from XY instead of which Pokemon it actually is. It's not like there are many XY Pokemon that had the chance of being playable either.

I put no stock in any of these. The Gematsu links are easy to ignore, but the RosalinaX post is a weird one. I don't know who this person is, but he seems to be known in the community as some sort of insider and the people talking seem to believe what he's saying like they trust him. It's possible they're all just a bunch of idiots being fooled, and I see no reason why such information would be revealed to someone who would so easily let it out to the world.

I don't think the second 'tip' is anything to consider. They're basically just suggesting the most popular Western picks (Pauletna, Shulk and Chrom) and then adding in a really wacky one (Chorus Men) to make it seem legit. Similarly, why would someone who has access to Nintendo's insides simply state 'Pokemon' from XY instead of which Pokemon it actually is. It's not like there are many XY Pokemon that had the chance of being playable either.

Seeing how the person behind the second leak is also the same one behind the first leak (and this guy leaked Wii Fit Trainer before the E3 presentation occurred), I'd say it holds some weight solely because of that. Besides, his first leak said "Animal Crossing Guy" instead of Villager so it's not like his unspecific Pokemon X/Y leak is too weird or inconsistant with his other leak.

I'm not saying I believe him 100%, but given the source and his accurate past history, I'm at least keeping an eye out on it.

Posting this here just because:

tumblr_n4bic5Kv0M1sq4cg2o1_500.jpg

General consensus is fake for a number of reasons:

-Wario's art is modified from this:

wario_071224b-l.jpg

-Ganondorf's art is apparently lifted from Twilight Princess in a similar manner, and Chrom's art is a colored/shaded version of his concept art.

-only 39 characters has a lot of people suspicious.

-edit: Also, apparently in Japan the ICs are referred to singularly(i.e. as "Ice Climber")

Edited by shinpichu

Looks legit to me, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this were the final roster.

But my mind is open to it not being legit of course but it looks reasonable and among the lines we've been hearing

Considering that:

a) that roster is the same size as Brawl's at 39 characters

b) 7 characters from Brawl are cut

c) reused art for Wario and Ganondorf

I don't buy it.

Edited by Harmonie

No Lucas? I don't belive that pic in the slightest, it looks real but having just one rep for the mother series seems unfair to me, also i don't think chrom is the only newcomer in the game and i agree ^ There's way to much characters getting cut :p