Impossible/Improbable Character Discussion

BANRYU

So even though there's actually a very comparatively-small pool of character candidates that are actually viable as playable Smash Bros characters, it doesn't mean it's not fun to talk about the ones that we know won't make it in as if they did anyway!

So these guys?

> LOGIC

> REASON

Forget'em!

> LOGIC

> REASON

GG go crazy have fun discuss anyone you want that definitely won't make it as playable in the next or any SSB game.

[spoiler=For reference: Examples of characters that will almost certainly never be in (and why)]

Examples:

- any grunt character of whom there are many (IE Toad, Shyguy, Boo, Octorocks, Moblins, Space Pirates, etc.

- any Mario character who was only playable in a Mario Kart / Party / (sports) title

- Vaati

- Skull Kid

- Midna

- Wolf Link

- Ghirahim

- Funky Kong

- Kranky Kong

- Tiny / Lanky / Chunky Kong

- Slippy Toad / Peppy Hare

- Bandana Waddle Dee

- Prince Fluff

- any hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters not named Samus

- other Pokemon Trainer characters

- Zoroark

- Mew

- Deoxys

- any non-Lord from Fire Emblem and (even most of the Lords too)

- other Pikmin protagonists

- Medusa/Hades/Magnus from Kid Icarus

- Tom Nook

- Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight

- Anyone from the Sonic, Megaman, and MGS series not named Sonic, Megaman, or Snake

- Banjo & Kazooie

- Simon Belmont

- Ryu Hayabusa

- Bomberman

Why they'll never be in: =pending=

((I didn't list anyone from Earthbound or F-Zero as I don't know those franchises particularly well, but I'd imagine that characters like Poo, Kumatora, and Black Shadow probably belong on this list as well.))

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he would be cool! (Don't be sad, this thread isn't about that DRY THEM TEARS DAMMIT)

Did anybody play that Vanillaware game on the Wii, Muramasa? There were a shitton of cool sword moves that the two protags from that game could have used as playable characters.

I'd love to see Super Punch-Out!! dude/Mac, love his design

His game is a wee bit more technically detailed than Punch-Out, with the heavy punches from either hand and the dempsey-rollish rush, but he also might be considered tougher/more durable than Little Mac, since he doesn't get tired from missing. I thiiink he also generally takes hits better on average. (it might help that he could be bigger than Little Mac?)

It kinda confounds things further that even though his game has a literal point-scoring system, he can't win by decision, and he automatically loses if a fight goes to the end of one round, though his round lasts 3 actual minutes.

what I'm saying is that if he were to have a variant of Little Mac's moveset/gameplay, and they tried to translate his subtleties into smash faithfully, I have no idea what he'd be like. bigger and heavier (though we don't even know what Little Mac's own relative weight in the game is, actually) but more complicated? more focused on counter-punching, and/or more defensive? faster? slower? no idea

Edited by Rehab

Sure, but as playable?

Hello? Most recurring main villain in the series after Ganondorf? Vaati's been in three games. If he got even one more, he could become relevant enough to be a Zelda newcomer.

Edited by Anacybele

Hello? Most recurring main villain in the series after Ganondorf? Vaati's been in three games. If he got even one more, he could become relevant enough to be a Zelda newcomer.

Perhaps, but I just don't see it happening. Not to discredit Vaati or anything. Even with all of that relevance, idk, to have two villains from the same series just doesn't seem right to me. Having some form of him in the game, definitely, but sorry, he just doesn't cut it for me when there's Ganondorf, whose like THE villain of LoZ

This is just me though.

Well, I don't see anyone else in the series being newcomer worthy. And Sakurai was fine with giving Mario yet another rep, who coincidentally also only appeared in three games so far.

Well, I don't see anyone else in the series being newcomer worthy. And Sakurai was fine with giving Mario yet another rep, who coincidentally also only appeared in three games so far.

But has anyone mention Vaati so far.

He isn't well known either, not to mention, when it comes to Zelda villians, people think of Ganon, Yuga, Zant, Girahim, Demise, and Majora.

So I do think its unlikely he'll be mentioned, but if he came as a trophy it would be cool.

AND, Mario is Nintendo's trump card. Like Sega is to Sonic and so forth.

I've seen people mention Vaati. And funny, when I think Zelda villains, Ganondorf and Vaati are the first two that come to mind.

It depends what you played though.

If you favor those games, then it is most common you will think of them.

It's all in the mind.