Impossible/Improbable Character Discussion

BANRYU

What kind of unique moves could Daisy have? o3o

Hmm, good question. :sweatdrop: I've always imagined that she is to Peach as Luigi is to Mario.

Well I guess there's always flower power! Her final smash could make daisies, that cause damage as time goes by, sprout on everyone's head and heavily damage anyone in range of her attack. Or she could use a special soccer kick from Mario Strikers as one of her smash attacks.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude hell yeah Joe would be awesome. I've never played his games, but they always looked super stylish and interesting. What kind of moves would Captain Falcon 2.0 (or version zero if you prefer lol) have?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wanting to throw in this impossible character and moveset in a forum discussion for a very long time.

Let's assume Sora from Kingdom Hearts was playable, and one other KH character was playable. Who I would choose? Not Riku. Not any of Organization XIII.

I would pick Donald Duck. ...Yes, Donald Duck. For his moveset, here's what I had in mind.

Standard A moves: Simple enough, considering what can happen when he's in a rage. Rapid punches, kicks, maybe use some magic like in Kingdom Hearts.

Up B: Probably Gravity magic to make him levitate upwards for a few moments.

Neutral B: Bug Gun ("What? A...bug gun? Since when?" Don't worry, I'll get to it). While still holding Neutral B, Donald can aim it anywhere around him, except downwards (if you press down, he'll crouch while still aiming forward). Here's the kicker: you press the basic attack button (A) to fire. You can hold A to charge the gun, up to 3 charge levels (think UFO Kirby's three lasers depending on charge length). Uncharged is short range but fast semi-auto (slower than Fox's blaster, but faster than Falco's), not sure if it would stun. Half-charged has more range, and of course due to waiting for it to charge mid-way again, refire is considerably slower. Fully charged will fire a boomerang bug, which goes farther than a mid-charged shot, then comes returns to you. If you fired it to the right, it always goes in a clockwise arc upon returning, and vice-versa. If you aimed straight upwards, it'll depend on which way Donald is facing.

Side B would be one of his offensive magics like thunder, fire, blizzard, or maybe a toned-down Ultima if non-elemental attacks are preferred.

Now for the best part, and honestly the main reason why I've wanted to post this. As this next move is a transformation, it could be either Donald's Down B or his Final Smash. For the sake of simplicity, I'll will treat this as his Final Smash. So what do I think Donald Duck's Final Smash would be?

I know just the one.

post-11377-0-63213900-1400726371_thumb.png

Cold Shadow. :B):

Donald's ninja-esque alter ego. For those of you who don't know, in the 90's there was a Disney game for the SNES and Genesis called Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (Donald Duck in Cold Shadow outside the US. So that is indeed Donald Duck), a nifty platforming game which starts out with Maui/Donald out solving a mystery, armed with the aforementioned bug gun ;):. In the second level he gets the ability to morph (yes, they use that exact word) into his alter ego Cold Shadow, a ninja armed with a bo staff.

As a Final Smash, he would play much like he does in his original game. Unlike some of the more... bulky transformations, Cold Shadow would move fast, hit hard, and jump high. His standard A attacks would be swinging that staff around like nobody's business. His dash would be his "teleport" (that's what the game calls it), where he runs with wheel o' feet a la Sonic, but arguably faster. His taunt would be twirling his staff so fast that he decides to play hula hoop with it. The only thing I couldn't think of are what his new B moves would be during this state. But I think the gist of it is there.

If Donald Duck were playable in Smash, I would want him with a Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow-themed moveset like this one. 'Twould be epic. Sure, we have 2 ninjas already, but this one's got a bo staff. :smug:

Whew, I'm so glad I finally have that off my chest.

- any hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters not named Samus

hahaha.

i admit, when I first played melee, I had no idea that she was a girl. I thought Samus was a guy. Then came Brawl, and this girl popped out of the suit. I was like "WTF is that." Ever since, she became my main. And now she's back in SSB4.

And.. any characters that'll never be in SSB4?

Poo. Toad. Toadette. (Though I want Poo because of his name. And Toad and Toadette, well... they're adorable!)

Isaac or Felix from Golden Sun, however, not Matthew from Dark Dawn. That game was crap.

But also Grima the fell dragon, because he just looks adorable!

640px-Grima2.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THAT CUTE LITTLE FACE! :3

• 2 weeks later...

There are many League of Legends characters that would fit right in with Smash.

To name a few:

Ziggs

Heimerdinger

Zac

Teemo

Nidalee

Ezreal

Annie

In fact, a totally new game based on Smash involving League characters would be fucking amazing.

That's in the main SSB4 topic.

*cough* . . . *shrug*

So would Grima be the giant dragon form, or the Tactician-mimicking form?

Akuma, Sigurd, Mike Tyson, White-Gold Peach, Batman, The Prepper, Kyle Katarn, Solaire of Astora, Pajama Sam

For srs, tho: Groose

*cough* . . . *shrug*

So would Grima be the giant dragon form, or the Tactician-mimicking form?

Probably tactician form by default, but as a final smash could transform like Ganondorf or maybe Bowser.

D'awwwww~

Hey so speaking of Grima, who wants to discuss possible movesets for the FE Awakening Tactician?

Though I'm not the biggest fan of the Avatar as a character, I've thought up a moveset they could use.

Appearance: Hooded, Generic Male, Generic Female

A attacks all use a sword.

Neutral B: Bolganone (works similarly to Ike's Eruption)

Side B: Thoron (fires a bolt of electricity across the stage)

Up B: Rexcalibur (creates a whirlwind that takes the Avatar up with it)

Down B: Counter (standard for FE characters)

Final Smash: Dark Dragon Grima (Summons dragon form Grima to wreck everyone)

It would be cool for KH characters to come in

Sephiroth for SSB4

YES.

They should put in Cloud or Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

Yeah, right.

Then there's Ehrgeiz.

Well, I don't see anyone else in the series being newcomer worthy. And Sakurai was fine with giving Mario yet another rep, who coincidentally also only appeared in three games so far.

...And that would be...?

Main character I want is Toadette, but it's obvious she'll be playable.

I guess impossible characters I wouldn't mind are Mewtwo, Dixie Kong or Ridley since he's a boss.

Unlikely characters I want are Bandana Dee as Assist Trophy. I would've liked Impa as playable, but Shiek is fine and also a Petey Piranha assist.

Oh wait...
Before he confirmed that Ridley was too big, but still...he may make the cut as his chances are stronger than ever before. He'll be our second Metroid rep after all. Please, if Nintendo can, put him in. Even though that they are putting fourth effort to. His development will be hard, but I think that they can do it. It's similar to using the rocket pack from Pilotwings. Except he has to have an animation of him flapping his wings while attacking and that itself will be hard to develop.
Please let this be real. :3

Were likely going to get Ridley now after Sakurai just comnfirmed that they are working hard on his development.

Before Brawl came out, I always though Deoxys would make a really neat playable character. I imagined him as kind of like a reverse of Zelda/Shiek in that his Specials would all be the same (whatever they were), but down-B (or heck, maybe one of each of his specials) would form-change him to one of the various forms, where Speed form is ridiculously fast but pretty weak, Defense form is super slow and bulky, Attack form hits hard but is easily launched, etc. In retrospect, I don't know how balanced that would really be with the rest of the game (it's probably too much of a departure from most characters' movesets), but it was fun to think of how it might play with the form-changing being almost necessary to succeed with him.

Ha ha ha...
Just like many of us want Spawn/Fulgore/Deathborn to be in too. We need more sin/kick ass aliens in the game.

Also Leon Kennedy and Amaterasu please.

Leoooooon. :DDDDD

Pretty much every fire emblem character I like

Milady, Jill, Raven, Pent, Seth, Lance, Oscar, Sully, Farina, Ephraim, Eirika...

To be honest, if nintendo decided to do a fighting game featuring only FE characters (like Persona 4 arena is for persona or Dissidia is for Final fantasy) I'd buy it without thinking twice.

The same can be said about pokemon.

Fighting game with EVERY pokemon = instabuy

They need to do that. Should we mail a letter to Nintendo about it?
It may help further increase Fire Emblem's sales/popularity.

hahaha.

i admit, when I first played melee, I had no idea that she was a girl. I thought Samus was a guy. Then came Brawl, and this girl popped out of the suit. I was like "WTF is that." Ever since, she became my main. And now she's back in SSB4.

And.. any characters that'll never be in SSB4?

Poo. Toad. Toadette. (Though I want Poo because of his name. And Toad and Toadette, well... they're adorable!)

Everyone, *giggle* even some Nintendo developers though of her to be male in the NES game.

Putting an avatar character in, even if it were the default male avatar, would "canonize" a specific avatar, and would piss off a fair amount of people. I've talked to multiple people on multiple occasions who insist that female avatar (and female avatar x Chrom; that might shed light on the type of people these are) is 101% DA TROO CANNON. Even if we do say that setting a "canon" avatar wouldn't upset anyone (a stretch, at best), having more than three (as Chrom would make it in before the avatar does) characters from one of Nintendo's less popular IPs would be a difficult thing for someone to sell Sakurai on the idea of. Unless he really likes Awakening (not entirely impossible, as Ike is still in because Sakurai likes him and his games, as well as being a relative fan favorite), I don't really see the avatar getting on the roster.

Edited by Rollertoaster

Putting an avatar character in, even if it were the default male avatar, would "canonize" a specific avatar, and would piss off a fair amount of people. I've talked to multiple people on multiple occasions who insist that female avatar (and female avatar x Chrom; that might shed light on the type of people these are) is 101% DA TROO CANNON. Even if we do say that setting a "canon" avatar wouldn't upset anyone (a stretch, at best), having more than three (as Chrom would make it in before the avatar does) characters from one of Nintendo's less popular IPs would be a difficult thing for someone to sell Sakurai on the idea of. Unless he really likes Awakening (not entirely impossible, as Ike is still in because Sakurai likes him and his games, as well as being a relative fan favorite), I don't really see the avatar getting on the roster.

Yeah, all of this basically.

And, as much as I liked playing as my own gender and pairing with characters I found attractive, I have to admit pairing a female Avatar with Chrom did seem to create the best plot (no matter how much Awakening tries to shove Chrom and Sumia together). The scene where Lucina realizes she has to kill her mother to save the world (and, of course, her father) was heartbreaking.

Of course, if we did get the Avatar, there would probably be both male and female options, like with the Wii Fit Trainers and the Villagers, though obviously they wouldn't have enough options to cover every design of the Avatar (and before you bring up Miis, that's different. You can import Miis into games easily, there's been precedent for that since the original Wii came out nearly eight years ago. Sakurai isn't going to spend the excessive time and resources he'd need to if he wanted you to be able to import your Avatar from Awakening into Smash).

Still, both Chrom and Lucina are much more fitting Awakening reps. Chrom is by far the most likely, though I personally want Lucina.

Except we got Avatar characters in Smash already. Villager and Miis. I realize they're not exactly the same, but they're not drastically different.

Sakurai wants more diversity in the roster and Avatar would bring just that with magic and a design that stands out among Ike and Marth. Chrom is ANOTHER blue haired swordsman and Lucina is a female sword-wielding Marth.

Avatar would be a way more fitting choice, imo.

Yeah, I agree. The alternate costumes could be all the different faces and hair styles that avatar can have including styles for each of the genders. I don't see how that would be so bad if they could fit a lot of the different body types/faces/hairs as alts. Plus they'd have more variety than Chrom.

Another thing to consider for the Avatar is the voice actor

Just go with voice 1 for both genders if the default design is used. Or pick a whole new set of VAs. I see no issue.

I like that people are discussing the FE13 Tactician's possibilities in this thread even though some of you still think (s)he might be playable lol.

I still don't think the Tacti will be playable, but with the Miis destroying any vestige of my argument, at this point I can't stack it up to anything more than a hunch. *shrug* I think they certainly show that anything's possible at this point.

seriously though fuck the miis