Impossible/Improbable Character Discussion

BANRYU

Aren't Miis a special case though? After all, they're basically ported from the Mii Plaza and into the game, without any voicing, and are just given a choice of three playstyles that Sakurai conjured up. And its not like this is the first game to ever use Miis

The Tactician on the other hand, is an actual character that just happens to be fully customizable in terms of physics. Comparing the two just isn't the same, and that's what makes it seem so unlikely.

Edited by The King

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that people are discussing the FE13 Tactician's possibilities in this thread even though some of you still think (s)he might be playable lol.

I still don't think the Tacti will be playable, but with the Miis destroying any vestige of my argument, at this point I can't stack it up to anything more than a hunch. *shrug* I think they certainly show that anything's possible at this point.

seriously though fuck the miis

Don't forget about Pac-Man. That's another one you said had no chance whatsoever. You even used the Namco items as an argument against him and it turned out they were part of his moveset all along.

Don't forget about Pac-Man. That's another one you said had no chance whatsoever. You even used the Namco items as an argument against him and it turned out they were part of his moveset all along.

Yep, I did say that. What can I say? I got got. @__x Sakurai tried to misdirect us with that statement and I totally fell for it lol.

Go on then, go roll in all my wrongness and shame. Help yourself, revel in it, since I can see you're so eager to. ~3~

Seriously though I don't know what you're trying to accomplish in saying this, since I've already admitted I was wrong about ONE self-insert and realized that there's possibility for the other (whether or not I actually believe in it).

The King brings up a solid point, too.

I still think that the Tactician is a completely different type of self-insert than either the Villager or the Miis, but I just can't make that argument it seems lol (whether I can't actually find any valid points to stand on or because people just refuse to accept it *shrug*).

Edited by BANRYU

I feel that the fact Avatar is more of a character than either Miis or the Villager is a main thing that makes her/him a likely choice for the third FE rep.

The Tactician is only more of a character in terms of dialogue-- (s)he really doesn't have any significant characterization at all, beyond the necessary traits of being charismatic and tactically brilliant. I don't think that matters much, but we've seen already how much water my other arguments hold, so *shrug*

Avatar also has more of a defined design. The outfit never changes (not counting reclasses), only the hair, face, and build.

Edited by Anacybele

Yep, I did say that. What can I say? I got got. @__x Sakurai tried to misdirect us with that statement and I totally fell for it lol.

Go on then, go roll in all my wrongness and shame. Help yourself, revel in it, since I can see you're so eager to. ~3~

Seriously though I don't know what you're trying to accomplish in saying this, since I've already admitted I was wrong about ONE self-insert and realized that there's possibility for the other (whether or not I actually believe in it).

The King brings up a solid point, too.

I still think that the Tactician is a completely different type of self-insert than either the Villager or the Miis, but I just can't make that argument it seems lol (whether I can't actually find any valid points to stand on or because people just refuse to accept it *shrug*).

Nah, I wouldn't revel in it. Why would I? I would never sink to that level.

I think the point a lot of people are trying to state is that Robin doesn't deserve to be talked about in a thread of characters with "impossible" chances because unlike 99% of the characters in the entirety of the Fire Emblem series, Robin is a character people could actually make a case for him being in. He's by no means a safe bet, but I certainly wouldn't bet against him.

Also, no need for the "I can't believe you guys refuse to accept this" attitude. Nobody likes that.

Avatar also has more of a defined design. The outfit never changes (not counting reclasses), only the hair, face, and build.

THAT I have to disagree with. I made this argument earlier in the main SSB discussion thread; the Tactician has no defined appearance beyond the Grima cloak as evidenced by all official art of the character. (Also before the inevitable 'canon doesn't matter bcuz Villager defaults etc. etc.' argument, let it be noted that AC's timeline basically doesn't matter, if it has one; Awakening exists in the context of other Fire Emblem universes, so there HAS to be a canon series of events for it. Thus, they can never define a canon appearance for the character-- as I see it, anyway, but I've been wrong before x_x)

Nah, I wouldn't revel in it. Why would I? I would never sink to that level.

I think the point a lot of people are trying to state is that Robin doesn't deserve to be talked about in a thread of characters with "impossible" chances because unlike 99% of the characters in the entirety of the Fire Emblem series, Robin is a character people could actually make a case for him being in. He's by no means a safe bet, but I certainly wouldn't bet against him.

Also, no need for the "I can't believe you guys refuse to accept this" attitude. Nobody likes that.

All right, you're right, I'm getting a bit catty .3. I apologize.

Well then, you guys can take this discussion elsewhere. I hear you.

And the problem with that is the modeling of Avatar. No one person can have two different ones. Not even WFT, with her male counterpart, who should be noted as the same exact size and height as the female one.

From a developmental standpoint, unless Sakurai defaults everything (by this I mean the default look and voice used in the demo) save for probably hair color with the palette swaps, the factors that make up Avatar would take too much time

EDIT: and only now am I noticing Jave's post. Very well then

Edited by The King

And I see no problem with defaulting everything and making both genders available like Sakurai did with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. And Avatar's outfit never changes outside of reclassing while Villager's outfit can right from the beginning. Until you get your hands on a Second Seal in Awakening, you're always stuck with the Tactician outfit.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

As far as improbable goes, I'd love to see Pablo Sanchez make it. The Backyard Sports games were pretty okay.

When the hell is Jeter getting in Smash Bros? Step it up, Nintendo. Edited by Rollertoaster

• 3 weeks later...

My hopes have mostly been crushed, but I'm still rooting for Simon Belmont. I don't even play Castlevania, he's just a super cool character that was a huge part of Nintendo history. At one point he was pretty much as big as Mega Man. And his moves could be really unique since the only person even remotely similar would be ZS Samus. Plus we'd finally have all the Captain N characters together.

You can even put him in his BDSM Judgement outfit, Konami, I don't care, just get him in the game. Though a classic NES look a la Mega Man would be spectacular.

My hopes have mostly been crushed, but I'm still rooting for Simon Belmont. I don't even play Castlevania, he's just a super cool character that was a huge part of Nintendo history. At one point he was pretty much as big as Mega Man. And his moves could be really unique since the only person even remotely similar would be ZS Samus. Plus we'd finally have all the Captain N characters together.

You can even put him in his BDSM Judgement outfit, Konami, I don't care, just get him in the game. Though a classic NES look a la Mega Man would be spectacular.

I dont now much of Castlevania, but I think Alucard is more popular and beloved fans wise than Simon, at least I do like Alucard more xD but Imnot a true Castlevania fan (Only played like 2-3 games).

I wished for Rayman for a long time or Crash Bandicoot. Both characters would be amazing third parties, they have had many games with Nintendo (Rayman 3 even has Zelda references) and they totally fit in the style of the game. Man I even saw one of the smash run/adventure mode design SO ALIKE RAYMAN ORIGINS! But Its just that impossible Im afraid xD at least in Crash Bandicoot due "beloved" company that ruined it after Naughty Dog sold it and they have horrible relationship with Nintendo. Still would be awesome xD

I want Isaac from Golden sun, not the most original pick and probably not going to happen, but I would still like him in the game.

Even less likely to happen is Luke Fon Fabre being put in the game, nonetheless I would be insanely happy if it happened.

I want Isaac from Golden sun, not the most original pick and probably not going to happen, but I would still like him in the game.

Yes! How could I forget Isaac? I really hope he makes an appearance. Not as a dang assist trophy.

Executioner_Smough.png

1275937249093s.jpg

Really happy for Pac-Man. Personally, I want Robin to be in there. Also, I wanted X playable... or any of the taller Megamen really.

Seriously though, Medusa or

Hades

A villain from Kid Icarus: Uprising would be nice. Or... Really we just need another evil fighter. How many Fighters are actually villains?

I want Sigurd with horse and everything

sakuraipls

shouldve been in melee

Simon Belmont would be rad.

As for FE characters I would say Micaiah, but Ike is representing Tellius already and you don't wanna overcroud. I'll settle for Lillina. Just gimme a FE rep that doesn't use a sword period.

Agent J from Elite Beat Agents would be really interesting to see.