Fire Emblem 7 Eventing Help

Avril Lavigne

Okay, I have be fooling around with eventing and I have been very successful figuring mostly everything out. Except for some things....

I just want someone to tell me how to do these things if they're even possible:

-How to change who the main character is

-How (in the prep screen) to make it so that a player must take a certain character(s)

-How to make it so that if someone other than the Lords die, it's a game over, and how to disable the game over function if the Lords die

-How to make it so that someone other than the Lords can seize, or just do any other regular thing that Lords could normally do (except with a different character)

-How to make it so that multiple characters move at once (eventing tool) --I just don't know how when having characters load for my event, how to move multiple at once, it looks really stupid when there's an event where I want enemy characters to all take place at once and each of them move one at a time.

I think that's everything....I feel like there's more but I don't want to confuse you guys

Basically, I don't want the Lords to be the main focus in my game, and I want most of the characters to impact the story. So I can't have a lot of them die and then continue the story with their dialogue. There are a lot of holes I need to fill and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Maybe give me some examples. I don't know if this is complicated but your help will be greatly appreciated.

-How to change who the main character is

The character at the top of the list of the "Good" units is the character featured as the leader, if that's what you're asking. As for things like causing a game over on death, then you need both the CauseGameOverIfLordDies macro in your events and to set that character's death quote to trigger event ID 0x65. I'd recommend using the death quote editor for this. Part 1 if Lyn mode, Part 2 for Eliwood/Hector mode. If you're asking about seizing, then see answer below.

-How (in the prep screen) to make it so that a player must take a certain character(s)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26913 under "Character forcer hack"

-How to make it so that if someone other than the Lords die, it's a game over, and how to disable the game over function if the Lords die

See above answer

-How to make it so that someone other than the Lords can seize, or just do any other regular thing that Lords could normally do (except with a different character)

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=4287

-How to make it so that multiple characters move at once (eventing tool) --I just don't know how when having characters load for my event, how to move multiple at once, it looks really stupid when there's an event where I want enemy characters to all take place at once and each of them move one at a time.

Instead of doing this:

MOVE Unit

ENUN

MOVE Unit2

ENUN

Just do this:

MOVE Unit

MOVE Unit2

ENUN

Edited by Agro

Your responses helped me out a lot! But these answers.....

The character at the top of the list of the "Good" units is the character featured as the leader, if that's what you're asking. As for things like causing a game over on death, then you need both the CauseGameOverIfLordDies macro in your events and to set that character's death quote to trigger event ID 0x65. I'd recommend using the death quote editor for this. Part 1 if Lyn mode, Part 2 for Eliwood/Hector mode. If you're asking about seizing, then see answer below.

I'll use Kent as an example. How do I make it so it games over when Kent dies? Or do I just need to trigger it with that ID? Is that how it's done? And I really don't know how to disable the gaming over if one of the Lords die.

CONFUSING. Sorry, especially the link to the seizing one. Really complicated and hard to follow...did it actually tell me how to make it so, say for example, Kent could seize? How would I do that? That's what I'm trying to do...

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26913 under "Character forcer hack"

See above answer

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=4287

Instead of doing this:

MOVE Unit

ENUN

MOVE Unit2

ENUN

Just do this:

MOVE Unit

MOVE Unit2

ENUN

Thank you for this though.

(I replied specifically to what you said above)

Edited by Avril Lavigne

I'll use Kent as an example. How do I make it so it games over when Kent dies? Or do I just need to trigger it with that ID? Is that how it's done? And I really don't know how to disable the gaming over if one of the Lords die.

Death quote editor -> whichever thing Kent is under -> change "Trigger ID" to 0x65

If using custom events, make sure you have CauseGameOverIfLordDies in your Misc Events, which makes it so that any time 0x65 is triggered (i.e. if Kent dies) it causes a game over

To disable this, change any death quote that has a trigger ID of 0x65 to something else OR remove the CauseGameOverIfLordDies line

CONFUSING. Sorry, especially the link to the seizing one. Really complicated and hard to follow...did it actually tell me how to make it so, say for example, Kent could seize? How would I do that? That's what I'm trying to do...

I apologise that the link doesn't specify it, but that hack makes it so that the characters Lyn, Lyn (tutorial), Eliwood and Hector can all seize. Or anyone with those character IDs. You wouldn't be able to use that hack to make Kent seize, unless you changed the character Lyn/Eliwood/Hector into Kent by replacing all their data with Kent's.

edit: sorry corrected by cam, I should actually read the links I post next time

Edited by Agro

Death quote editor -> whichever thing Kent is under -> change "Trigger ID" to 0x65

If using custom events, make sure you have CauseGameOverIfLordDies in your Misc Events, which makes it so that any time 0x65 is triggered (i.e. if Kent dies) it causes a game over

To disable this, change any death quote that has a trigger ID of 0x65 to something else OR remove the CauseGameOverIfLordDies line

I apologise that the link doesn't specify it, but that hack makes it so that the characters Lyn, Lyn (tutorial), Eliwood and Hector can all seize. Or anyone with those character IDs. You wouldn't be able to use that hack to make Kent seize, unless you changed the character Lyn/Eliwood/Hector into Kent by replacing all their data with Kent's.

edit: sorry corrected by cam, I should actually read the links I post next time

Sorry I feel like such a noob asking this, but what or where is the death quote editor?

Is it something on FEditor or Eventing...I'm not sure haha sorry!

And thank you so much again.